Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Another Stellar Incoming OLine Class

Sark met his quota again by getting 2 offensive linemen
1) Dane Crane - Center - Supposed to be really good
2) Andrew Kirkland - Guard - General consensus is he will have to get A LOT better to contribute to a D-1 team

The last minute, garbage time, desperation offer guy (OT Coleman Shelton) is not on the incoming roster

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited July 2013
    Yikes! I actually thought Coleman Shelton looked good for being so lowly rated. The OL issues are pathetic. 2010 was a good year, and that's it. The 2012 class signed 4 guys and they were all plan B/C guys except for Dean (already gone).

Lather, Rinse, Repeat is correct. Even if Kim is right about the OL being good in 2014, we will suck again once all the guys from 2010 graduate.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Good news on Kirkland: Great kid, smart, big and strong

Not so good news:
    Oregon didn't offer this instate talent (they did sign his high school teammate, center Doug Brenner) because he's slow afoot. Will that hurt him in Sark's new hurry-up offense? TBD.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,027 Founders Club
    FUCK

My analysis is done.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

FUCK

My analysis is done.

PurpleJ spends a lot of time on his analysis and he deserves our respect.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    We're lucky he still posts here
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    scouting report on Kirkland, didn't recieve an offer from wsu conclusion: he's crap
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Spoke with YaleDawg recently and he said that he posted on Dawgman that Kirkland sucked (I recall it). Kirkland, a subscriber got pissed and Kim deleted the post. I heard that the way Sark & Nansen recruit most guys (non 4-5* guys) is akin to trying to pick up chicks at 1:55am at the bar. We know that OL is the most difficult position to recruit because its all about player development more so than talent. It takes careful and thorough evaluation. No surprise at the current situation, given what I heard. Mind you, this is only what I'm hearing.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

We're lucky he still posts here

I wouldn't if I were him.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,131

Spoke with YaleDawg recently and he said that he posted on Dawgman that Kirkland sucked (I recall it). Kirkland, a subscriber got pissed and Kim deleted the post. I heard that the way Sark & Nansen recruit most guys (non 4-5* guys) is akin to trying to pick up chicks at 1:55am at the bar. We know that OL is the most difficult position to recruit because its all about player development more so than talent. It takes careful and thorough evaluation. No surprise at the current situation, given what I heard. Mind you, this is only what I'm hearing.

I highly doubt Kirkland subscribes to Dawgman. That being said, I know that Yale's opinion of him is that he was not a Division 1 level football player. The Oregon board all had a good laugh when we took his commitment because Chip wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole
    edited July 2013

I highly doubt Kirkland subscribes to Dawgman. That being said, I know that Yale's opinion of him is that he was not a Division 1 level football player. The Oregon board all had a good laugh when we took his commitment because Chip wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole

UW recruits do often subscribe to Dawgman. You think these kids don't like reading about themselves and seeing what the fans say about them?
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171

UW recruits do often subscribe to Dawgman. You think these kids don't like reading about themselves and seeing what the fans say about them?
    So do current players. That is why they don't play well - why would they reward our mockery with success?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Parents and recruits read this board. Clean it up.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Sark met his quota again by getting 2 offensive linemen
    1) Dane Crane - Center - Supposed to be really good
    2) Andrew Kirkland - Guard - General consensus is he will have to get A LOT better to contribute to a D-1 team

The last minute, garbage time, desperation offer guy (OT Coleman Shelton) is not on the incoming roster

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

I'm sick of this shit.

Here is a video of cozzetto arriving at a recruit's house in his car: https://youtube.com/watch?v=jt4TjhPdyW8
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Our starting 5 look great:

LT - Zach Banner
    LG - Nick Rowland
    C- Hroniss Grasu
    RG - Josh Garnett
    RT - Stephane Nembot

Oops!!!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club

LT - Zach Banner
    LG - Nick Rowland
    C- Hroniss Grasu
    RG - Josh Garnett
    RT - Stephane Nembot

Oops!!!

Wouldn't that be something?
    edited July 2013

LT - Zach Banner
    LG - Nick Rowland
    C- Hroniss Grasu
    RG - Josh Garnett
    RT - Stephane Nembot

Oops!!!

I hate to be a wdwha guy, but I have seen Banner play 4 times from his sophomore to senior year, and he sucks. I will be surprised if he ever does shit at USC. He gave up sacks to shitty teams. The excuse the dawgman guys gave was that he was too big to block a 6'0" 210 DE and when he blocked players closer to his size he would do well. It was the worst analysis I ever heard, not that it was all that surprising.

I guess beggars can't be choosers, but Banner was very overrated. Greg Biggins said the same thing as well. He should have stuck to basketball IMO.

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

LT - Zach Banner
    LG - Nick Rowland
    C- Hroniss Grasu
    RG - Josh Garnett
    RT - Stephane Nembot

Oops!!!

I hate to be a wdwha guy, but I have seen Banner play 4 times from his sophomore to senior year, and he sucks. I will be surprised if he ever does shit at USC. He gave up sacks to shitty teams. The excuse the dawgman guys gave was that he was too big to block a 6'0" 210 DE and when he blocked players closer to his size he would do well. It was the worst analysis I ever heard, not that it was all that surprising.

I guess beggars can't be choosers, but Banner was very overrated. Greg Biggins said the same thing as well. He should have stuck to basketball IMO.

Ok, you can replace Banner with:

Jeremiah Poutasi
    Nico Falah
    Poasi Moala
    Grant Enger (moved to G)

and the list of misses could go on and on....
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    OL is low priority for Sark even though he would never admit it. And fundamentally he made his first mistake by hiring Dan Cozzetto when his first choice from Cal reversed and turned Sark down. Cozzetto is a mean-spirited screamer who cannot teach. None of these talented OL prospects want to play for him, since word of his style has got out. Of course other teams use Cozzetto against us in recruiting. But Sark has kept Cozzetto despite the most inept years of OL recruiting and development in UW football history.
    Unacceptable.