Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark's number five!!!

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
I think the twats about top pot donuts pushed him quite a but higher. Or maybe it was the little flirting he did with Hope Solo.
espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8759964/les-miles-lsu-tigers-most-popular-college-football-coach-twitter-report

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    selling point in recruiting for sure.....Tweeting provides excellent leverage with the young folk these days. It should go on his resume of accomplishments
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    Jim Mora and his 3 tweets since August disagree with this post.
  • tdawgtdawg Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Get over jimmy mora, he is not our coach and won't be.
    Founders Club
    tdawg said:

Get over the fact that I will periodically mention Jimmy Mora.

• tdawgtdawg Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Derek, you need a real job versus writing great books!
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    tdawg said:

Yes because writing books is a money grab, but a real job isn't. Right Scott Eklund?
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,046
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    tdawg said:

This was not a classy poast. Perhaps you should call the Ambassador?

Founders Club
    tdawg said:

Well at least you didn't accuse me of having a mancrush.

Founders Club
    Race put a lot of time and effort into those Photoshop jobs. We should all be quite grateful to him.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,065
    tdawg said:

Disagree. Once Sark wins 7 games in 2013 and gets canned, it won't be over for Jimmy Mora.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    MelloDawg said:

tdawg said:

Disagree. Once Sark wins 7 games in 2013 and gets canned, it won't be over for Jimmy Mora.
    If you can't see that 7-6 > 7-6 > 7-6 > 7-6, Scott Woodward and I can't help you.
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

tdawg said:

If Sark wins 7 games a year for the next 5 years, there is no way his job is in jeopardy, all things being equal.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Don James is the benchmark for a Washington coach of course: He had a career 0.726 WL average at Washington. In a 12 game season, that is an average of 8.7 wins a year. He was also 10-5 in bowls.

It means most seasons, a Husky fan might reasonably expect 8 or 9 wins. Sometimes we get 10 or more, and as with DJ sometimes we get 6 or 7, so long as the typical recent average is 8-9 wins.

Sark needs to get to that benchmark in 2013 in the regular season: 8-9 regular season wins. If not, that will be a very very hot seat. Many will expect more.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Using Don James as the benchmark for Sark is great, but if you did that Sark would already be fired. He's not even meeting the Lambright standard.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,065

Using Don James as the benchmark for Sark is great, but if you did that Sark would never have been hired. He's not even meeting the Lambright standard.

Fixed for you.

• GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Well, even DJ got leeway in his first few years. He was almost fired actually, and doubtless some UW fans today would have shown him the door after he went 6-5 and then 5-6 after the first two years, inheriting a team much better than our dreadful 0-12 team. He went 8-4 and 7-4 the following two years, including of course that first Rose Bowl game. So he was 26-19 after four years. Sark is 26-24 after four years. Those are the numbers.
    Like I have said, I am not a Sark fan, though I resolutely resist the notion that UW is bound to a coaching carousel because fans have expectations built around 1991 rather than the reality of a full career under Don James -- which I fully agree should be the benchmark. Far too many fans talk only about national championships and Rose Bowls, and forget that the average UW record under DJ was 8 or 9 wins. DJ had only seven seasons out of 18 that were 10 or more wins. When I say "only", that is pretty amazing, but too many Dawg fans seem to think 10 win seasons should be automatic for us.
    But to be clear, if Sark does not clear out Cozzetto and as a result cannot deliver minimum 8-9 wins next year, I would thank him for getting us out of the mess we were in, and find someone who can take us to the next level. Sark has had four years now of learning how to be a head coach. He has four years of his own recruits, trained them in his system, and has changed up his staff according to his best judgment. Now we will see with a better 2013 schedule how that team and set of coaches performs.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Founders Club

Global said:

Well, even DJ got leeway in his first few years. He was almost fired actually, and doubtless some UW fans today would have shown him the door after he went 6-5 and then 5-6 after the first two years, inheriting a team much better than our dreadful 0-12 team. He went 8-4 and 7-4 the following two years, including of course that first Rose Bowl game. So he was 26-19 after four years. Sark is 26-24 after four years. Those are the numbers.
    Like I have said, I am not a Sark fan, though I resolutely resist the notion that UW is bound to a coaching carousel because fans have expectations built around 1991 rather than the reality of a full career under Don James -- which I fully agree should be the benchmark. Far too many fans talk only about national championships and Rose Bowls, and forget that the average UW record under DJ was 8 or 9 wins. DJ had only seven seasons out of 18 that were 10 or more wins. When I say "only", that is pretty amazing, but too many Dawg fans seem to think 10 win seasons should be automatic for us.
    But to be clear, if Sark does not clear out Cozzetto and as a result cannot deliver minimum 8-9 wins next year, I would thank him for getting us out of the mess we were in, and find someone who can take us to the next level. Sark has had four years now of learning how to be a head coach. He has four years of his own recruits, trained them in his system, and has changed up his staff according to his best judgment. Now we will see with a better 2013 schedule how that team and set of coaches performs.

Don James also made and won a Rose Bowl by his 4th year.
    Actually, it was his third year. 1977 season.