Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This UCLA game is huge [prediction thread]

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Blackie said:

UCLA will score at least 40. UW won't.

HTH

They playing a two game series?
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think you're being kind in calling UCLA good. They have been lucky as shit this year and could easily have 2 more losses. It has no bearing on whether UW winning again is important, but this isn't exactly oregon.

I agree, but they are also one point from being 8-1. The Utah game came down to a missed FG. They have very good talent.They play down to their competition.
    and USC is a hail mary and playing rush defense away from the BCS
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Praise Allah for @Blackie‌ whooshing people in this otherwise regrettable thread.

One Pac-12 mediocrity beating another is not a signature win.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Don't cry, boobs
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Gladstone said:

Don't leak, boobs

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

Don't cry, boobs

Will this signature win mean more or less to you than Sark's 2010 signature win over USC?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,534
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    20-10 UW. D-line getting tons of pressure/sacks will disrupt their offense into dreck and Hundley will throw a pick or two which will be the difference. UW offense will run like last week minus the fucktarded fumbles.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Don't cry, boobs

Will this signature win mean more or less to you than Sark's 2010 signature win over USC?
    More but it's not a signature it's a process
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    UCLA 24 - UW17
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The guy in my office in the wheelchair told me "That linebacker they have at runningback probably wont do shit, they'll score 21 points"

no word yet on his prediction for UCLA's score, 21 points by UW might be enough to win this one.

I have faith in his predictions after he predicted "Its not gonna fucking rain" during the ASU game.. it didn't rain...much
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,868
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    8-7 UW (2 field gols and a safety)
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

The other way to look at it is who has UCLA played worth a damn at this point?

Virginia and Texas in the non-conference are definitely mediocre teams - they struggled in both.

They've played 6 conference games. Cal and Colorado are dreckfests (somewhat allegedly, somewhat not). ASU was breaking in their backup QB and had a 10 minute meltdown. Arizona may not be as good as their win at Oregon would suggest they are. They got run off the field against Oregon. Utah punched them in the mouth enough to win the game.

Bottom line to me is that I really don't think we have a clue how good UCLA is. We know they have talent, but all of the evidence points to them not being particularly well coached and not a disciplined football team. I'm not sure that we can say that they play down to the level of their competition. Instead, I think that they have flaws (see their OL) that get exposed by the fact that they can't coach around those flaws.

Are you forgetting that UW sucks? Who have we beat?
    You mean like Oregon State? ;)
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    UCLA righted the ship last week inspite of their mediocre coach, as long as he keeps the warpaint in westwood and keeps his hands off his coaches they win big 35- 13
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    Blackie said:

UCLA will score at least 40. UW won't.

HTH

You know I haven't supported you in the past for this bullshit.

About the game, still remember too many black eyes and nut punches to feel good about it (he said this time would be different :/).
  • Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

The other way to look at it is who has UCLA played worth a damn at this point?

Virginia and Texas in the non-conference are definitely mediocre teams - they struggled in both.

They've played 6 conference games. Cal and Colorado are dreckfests (somewhat allegedly, somewhat not). ASU was breaking in their backup QB and had a 10 minute meltdown. Arizona may not be as good as their win at Oregon would suggest they are. They got run off the field against Oregon. Utah punched them in the mouth enough to win the game.

Bottom line to me is that I really don't think we have a clue how good UCLA is. We know they have talent, but all of the evidence points to them not being particularly well coached and not a disciplined football team. I'm not sure that we can say that they play down to the level of their competition. Instead, I think that they have flaws (see their OL) that get exposed by the fact that they can't coach around those flaws.

Dooging. Uw doesn't have flaws?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    UW's own ineptitude scares me more than UCLA
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,458
    31-17 UCLA

Think the first half of the Colorado game where they exploited our soft zone defense, except all game and with a better team and better coaching.