Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This UCLA game is huge [prediction thread]

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
edited November 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
This is our chance to (finally) beat a good team and get a statement win. We get them at home, our D is playing well and our O is hopefully improving enough to take these guys down. The goal of 10 win is still doable, but that road goes through this game. For me this game will go a long way in determining how much of a doog I still am for Petersen. Lose, and I'm guessing we get plungered in the desert on the way to a decidedly mediocre 7-8 win season.

I say Petersen is who we all think he is. We get some TOs, Miles isn't completely terrible, and UW scrapes out a defensive slugfest 20-17.

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    this IS a huge game. it's pretty much now or never for Race.
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    34-17 is always the prediction
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    UCLA 25, UW 11
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It will be a close, ugly game. That is how both teams' games have gone this year. I predicted a UW win, but I'm not very confident about that.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    If a gun was put to my head, which I've thought about doing, Hundley will be the difference in a close game. That guy ain't Mariota but he's way better than anybody the Huskies can put out there. 31-27 sounds about right.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

It will be a close, ugly game. That is how both teams' games have gone this year. I predicted a UW win, but I'm not very confident about that.

That is the most likely, but as uneven as both teams have been, I could see a 14-21 point win either way too.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    28-24.

Win goes to the fighting Mora's.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It wouldn't shock me this week if in a close game we see Shaq go back on defense in the 2nd half or 4th quarter to contain Hundley.

I think we win this week ... 24-20
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think you're being kind in calling UCLA good. They have been lucky as shit this year and could easily have 2 more losses. It has no bearing on whether UW winning again is important, but this isn't exactly oregon.

I agree, but they are also one point from being 8-1. The Utah game came down to a missed FG. They have very good talent.They play down to their competition.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The other way to look at it is who has UCLA played worth a damn at this point?

Virginia and Texas in the non-conference are definitely mediocre teams - they struggled in both.

They've played 6 conference games. Cal and Colorado are dreckfests (somewhat allegedly, somewhat not). ASU was breaking in their backup QB and had a 10 minute meltdown. Arizona may not be as good as their win at Oregon would suggest they are. They got run off the field against Oregon. Utah punched them in the mouth enough to win the game.

Bottom line to me is that I really don't think we have a clue how good UCLA is. We know they have talent, but all of the evidence points to them not being particularly well coached and not a disciplined football team. I'm not sure that we can say that they play down to the level of their competition. Instead, I think that they have flaws (see their OL) that get exposed by the fact that they can't coach around those flaws.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2014
    Defenses and special teams will outscore the offenses = Dreckfest and IDGAF
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    UCLA will score at least 40. UW won't.

HTH
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,552