Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon makes the playoffs

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oregon isn't as good as they were either. That's the problem for the PAC 12 honks. People assume Bama is down, but the next four weeks tell the tale. The early season was about Mississippi. November is about Alabama, Auburn and LSU

Oregon should cruise to the playoffs. They are clearly the best the west has to offer

Oregon's overall roster isn't as good as it once was, but having Mariota matters. Mariota, Freeman, and Tyner is better than any QB-RB combo Oregon has ever had. It's not even that close. James, Barner, and DAT were good, but Freeman's size and power gives them a different dimension at RB, and you can't even compare Mariota to Thomas or Masoli.

Oregon has scored 45+ on Michigan State, UW, and Stanford. Mariota and their offense will get theirs against anyone. Their OL has looked good since Fisher came back. I thought Oregon would lose 2+ games this year, but they have been lights out since the Arizona game. This is the first year I have thought they had a chance. Last year when they were getting pumped up, I thought Florida State or Alabama would beat them rather easily say 34-17.

Alabama is still really good, but they have slipped. It's obvious when watching them. Their OL isn't anywhere near as good as it was 2 years ago. They don't run the ball as well. Sims isn't as good as McCarron. Auburn is really good, but has also gotten really lucky the past two years. Miss State hasn't been playing as well the past few weeks. All of the SEC West teams are really good, but none of them are great or unbeatable. I don't think there is a dominant team in CFB this year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oregon isn't as good as they were either. That's the problem for the PAC 12 honks. People assume Bama is down, but the next four weeks tell the tale. The early season was about Mississippi. November is about Alabama, Auburn and LSU

Oregon should cruise to the playoffs. They are clearly the best the west has to offer

Oregon's overall roster isn't as good as it once was, but having Mariota matters. Mariota, Freeman, and Tyner is better than any QB-RB combo Oregon has ever had. It's not even that close. James, Barner, and DAT were good, but Freeman's size and power gives them a different dimension at RB, and you can't even compare Mariota to Thomas or Masoli.

Oregon has scored 45+ on Michigan State, UW, and Stanford. Mariota and their offense will get theirs against anyone. Their OL has looked good since Fisher came back. I thought Oregon would lose 2+ games this year, but they have been lights out since the Arizona game. This is the first year I have thought they had a chance. Last year when they were getting pumped up, I thought Florida State or Alabama would beat them rather easily say 34-17.

Alabama is still really good, but they have slipped. It's obvious when watching them. Their OL isn't anywhere near as good as it was 2 years ago. They don't run the ball as well. Sims isn't as good as McCarron. Auburn is really good, but has also gotten really lucky the past two years. Miss State hasn't been playing as well the past few weeks. All of the SEC West teams are really good, but none of them are great or unbeatable. I don't think there is a dominant team in CFB this year.
    Oregon always looks unbeatable, until they lose.

It was obvious Oregon would have gotten smoked by Alabama and FSU last year before they had lost a game. In this dreckest year of college football (in terms of great teams), Oregon can win.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    This is a fucking hipster thread now

Where the fuck is @ApostleofGrief?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2014
    AZDuck said:

This is a fucking hipster thread now

Where the fuck is @ApostleofGrief?

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I like how this year's Oregon team looks stronger as the season wears on rather than weaker, like last year's team. Instead of imploding after a shitty loss and continuing to spiral downward, they've improved and shown resilience. Freeman's nickname is Business. Maybe he businesslike attitude and the way he gets shit done has rubbed off on the collective psyche of the team.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

I like how this year's Oregon team looks stronger as the season wears on rather than weaker, like last year's team. Instead of imploding after a shitty loss and continuing to spiral downward, they've improved and shown resilience. Freeman's nickname is Business. Maybe he businesslike attitude and the way he gets shit done has rubbed off on the collective psyche of the team.
    I will buy this after we beat the Utes, and not a moment sooner.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

I will buy this after we beat the Utes, and not a moment sooner.

This.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

I hope Oregon wins the national title just so you can be wrong I can pop off

Allegedly.