Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Religion of peace

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

HFNY said:

How about those clowns in Germany who are going around as the "Sharia Police"? Germany, France, and the UK gave them a chance at a better life and then their children and converted friends fuck it all up for the 1st generation.

Europe drove out the wrong people and is paying the price. They should have kept the Jews and got rid of the Arabs. They foolishly wiped out future generations of achievers, scientists, etc., and now have to deal with a race of mentally challenged, emotionally deranged pigs that think they are god's chosen people. Why they continue to put up with these sorry excuses for human beings and don't expel them is beyond me.
    YBE
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We need darth republikan to weigh in

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

It really is sad that actually would fix the problem.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,445
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Then we'd have an oil problem.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,527
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Disagree.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,527
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Have you heard of the groundbreaking technology that is burning wood chips?
    Holznot
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (Redirected from Wood shortage)
    Holznot (German for wood shortage) is a historic term for an existing or imminent supply crisis of wood.

Contents [hide]
    1 Historical use
    2 Peak wood
    3 Further reading
    4 See also
    5 References
    Historical use[edit]

Resin workers were seen as outdated and damaging to modern forestry
    In particular, the concept was applied to Central Europe around the end of the 16th century till start of the early 19th century in numerous sources. In almost all German-speaking regions, a wood shortage and resulting wood-saving measures became an important topic. [1] [2] Forestry and history scholars did not dispute the wood shortage per se for a long time. Besides the Tragedy of the commons legend, the alleged Holznot was critical to motivate the shift from forest use as part of Subsistence agriculture to modern professional forestry and was an important base of the development of modern forestry science around 1800. Around the 1980s, Environmental Historian Joachim Radkau raising doubts about the alleged eighteenth-century wood shortage started a research controversy among German historians, called the "Holznotdebatte". Radkau debated e.g. with Rolf Peter Sieferle about the existance, extent, and spatial and social impact of perceived or real existing wood shortages and the associated ideological and economic background.[3][4] Radkau doubted the Holznot had existed at all. Similar as with the tragedy of the commons he saw a strong ideological motiv to get rid of the traditional farmers forest access.[2]

Radkau repeats Werner Sombart’s notion of the preindustrial phase as a “Wooden Age”, where wood constituted the key substance for fuel energy, construction and machinery. While Sombart was positive about the change to an "iron age", Radkau is critical about the alleged decline of “wooden civilisation”. Before the industrial century, the “wood brake”, as he names it, was a component of stability, of the ecology and the traditional economic and social order. In connection with the first medieval mining rushes regional wood shortages gave rise to the first use of sustainability in German forestry.

However the situation began to change in the 16. century, as meeting point of the capitalist expansion and the formation of the absolutist state. From the sixteenth century world maritime trade, housing construction in Europe and the mountain mining industry brought a sharp rise in timber consumption. The absolutist state asked for a new order of the use of forests and area property rights at the expense of livestock grazing and traditional forest use, as in Resin extraction. Complaints about wood shortages served according Radkau to legitimate state intervention and to exclude of traditional groups of users, as Resin workers and Wood pasture in favour of more profitable timber consumers.[2]

Peak wood[edit]
    Sometimes the term Peak wood as the point in time when the maximum rate of wood harvesting is reached is being used. The term 'peak' refers to the Hubbert peak of a resource. Thus peak wood and peak oil cannot be compared directly.[5][6][7] Unlike resources such as petroleum, which are destroyed in use, wood continually grows and recycled, but it requires habitat (forests, woodland and timber plantations).

In the 2011 book Life Without Oil by Steve Hallett, the author argues that the collapse of the Roman Empire may have been linked to a peak wood scenario in the Mediterranean basin. He suggests that, as wood had to be hauled from ever further away, the law of diminishing returns undermined the economic performance of Roman industry, leaving Rome vulnerable to the other, well documented problems of invasion and internal division. The issue is discussed as cautionary tale comparing it to contemporary society's potential fate under a post-peak oil scenario.[8] Its relevance for ancient und current times is however disputed strongly.

Further reading[edit]
    Wood: A History. By Joachim Radkau, translated by Patrick Camiller (Cambridge, UK: Polity Press, 2012. viii plus 399 pp.)
    Swiss Bafu research Project «Holznot» (18./19. century)
    Rolf-Jürgen Gleitsmann: Rohstoffmangel und Lösungsstrategien: Das Problem der vorindustriellen Holzknappheit, in: Technologie und Politik 16 (1980), S. 104-154.
    Joachim Radkau: Technik in Deutschland. Vom 18. Jahrhundert bis heute. Frankfurt / New York 2008, ISBN 978-3-593-38689-8.
    Joachim Radkau: Holzverknappung und Krisenbewußtsein im 18. Jahrhundert, in: Geschichte und Gesellschaft 9 (1983), S. 513-543.
    See also[edit]
    Deforestation during the Roman period

BRB, JO
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2014

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

Somebody seems upset about the midterm results.

Who? Hadn't really noticed... but let me guess... did the heartland around Kansas elect some Republicans? Who would have guessed that....
    Ozone = biggest libtard fag on the bored.
    Coming from the giant cum dumpster of Rush Limbaugh excrement that you are, I'll take that as a compliment.

Oh, and have you found a job yet? Or are you still crying that it's Obama's fault that you don't have skills that any employer wants?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2014
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

Who? Hadn't really noticed... but let me guess... did the heartland around Kansas elect some Republicans? Who would have guessed that....
    Coming from the giant cum dumpster of Rush Limbaugh excrement that you are, I'll take that as a compliment.

Oh, and have you found a job yet? Or are you still crying that it's Obama's fault that you don't have skills that any employer wants?
    Sounds like someone's suffering from post election bitterness. The trash has been taken out. You obamacare loving, tax hiking, jihadi supporting faggots won't be shitting on the country for now.
  • Options

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

Sounds like someone's suffering from post election bitterness. The trash has been taken out. You obamacare loving, tax hiking, jihadi supporting faggots won't be shitting on the country for now.
    So then... still unemployed? Thought so.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Not in the middle of the store...
  • Options
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

Sick burn bro. Will you give me some land to live on if I dress up like an Indian and return to claim a chunk from you imperialist cuntwhores?
  • Options

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

Sick burn bro. Will you give me some land to live on if I dress up like an Indian and return to claim a chunk from you imperialist cuntwhores?
    When will you stop blaming others, and rely on yourself? Are the republicans elected in Kansas going to somehow make you have job skills that employers want? And make you more employable than the illegals?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

When will you stop blaming others, and rely on yourself? Are the republicans elected in Kansas going to somehow make you have job skills that employers want? And make you more employable than the illegals?
    You should hop back on your burro and reunite with your 17 brothers and 14 sisters south of the border. Maybe you could all live in a rusted out seaplane.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2014
    Doogles said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Why do these people keep going to places that are clearly dangerous?

What the fuck is a dude from Scotland doing in Pakistan? What the fuck is anyone doing in Pakistan?

Time to milk Alaska of all its resources until economical energy solutions are in place and let the oil tycoons in the middle east DIAGPMCF (Gold Plated Mercedes Car Fire)
    We could slow choke the OPEC nations in 5 years if we wanted to.

But we don't want to. So we won't.

Either way it won't be interesting.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Turkey is full of these bastareds, it's the staging area for ISIS' international operations, resupply efforst, money laundering, and troops/reinforcements.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

No..and neither is Obama.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    edited November 2014
    salemcoog said:

Doogles said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Why do these people keep going to places that are clearly dangerous?

What the fuck is a dude from Scotland doing in Pakistan? What the fuck is anyone doing in Pakistan?

Time to milk Alaska of all its resources until economical energy solutions are in place and let the oil tycoons in the middle east DIAGPMCF (Gold Plated Mercedes Car Fire)
    We could slow choke the OPEC nations in 5 years if we wanted to.

But we don't want to. So we won't.

Either way it won't be interesting.
    Here's the thing, American producers will stop drilling at a certain point when prices get too low. There's no way to drive OPEC completely out of business, but it doesn't matter as effectively they're already toothless.
  • Options

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

No..and neither is Obama.
    Exactly.... and that's the point. It isn't the government's fault that guys like OBK don't have employable skills.