Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Doog Myths

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    "Would you fire coach X cause him and Sark has similar records at this point?"

Example: After 2 years, doogs brought up how James was only 11-11 while Sark was 12-13. After 3 years, doogs then compared Sark to Harbaugh who was only 17-20. After 4 years now I'm hearing Sark is just like Saban at Michigan State.

Every example changes because that coach had a top 10 finish the following year something Sark is incapable of.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

"Would you fire coach X cause him and Sark has similar records at this point?"

Example: After 2 years, doogs brought up how James was only 11-11 while Sark was 12-13. After 3 years, doogs then compared Sark to Harbaugh who was only 17-20. After 4 years now I'm hearing Sark is just like Saban at Michigan State.

Every example changes because that coach had a top 10 finish the following year something Sark is incapable of.

When are you going to get it through your head that it has nothing to do with the end result, rather, it's all about the journey?!
  • Options
    I'm just happy we are in five star player X top 5.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm just happy we are in five star player X top 5.

I think this is the winner. I'm just glad we came in 4th for Ruben Foster. It will really open up the pipelines in the future.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I never boo the kids
  • Options
    Blame the previous coach for lack of depth.

Example: Ty in year 3 and 4 had no depth and Doogs blamed Rick signing 7 WR's 4 years earlier.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Does anyone know what time the game starts? What channel is it on? What channel on Dish? Direct TV? I'm going be on a cruise ship in Antarctica, can I get the game? Where will my dawgs be hooking up for the game? Will it be on in a sports bar? Does the sports bar have cold beer and solid grub? When I go to Chicago what are the cant miss attractions? Should I go to a blues club? Which one? Where is the best pizza? Hot tailgates? Where my dawgs at?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Where can I score some hookers and blow?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Sark runs a "pro style" offense ! The fucking idiot. If he truly did he'd be challenging for the pac12 title this year .
    OK class, how do we shut down spread offenses? We pound the football like Stanford, keep DAT off the field, kill the clock, play killer defense (which we will ), make field goals and punt well.

Sark ditched the run game ((Sankey did most on his own and in a sort of play-action mode) Sark hasn't lined it up and ran the football since his 1st year. David Shaw lines it up and beats you, Sark puts KP in the gun and uses Sankey for the sneaky little bursts of yardage (big difference)

Second Myth? Sark is an offensive genious. The dude is a paranoid and undisciplined playcaller. Worst I've ever seen, solely because he's the head coach. If he'd ditch playcalling he'd succeed here. He wont so he wont.

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Sark runs a "pro style" offense ! The fucking idiot. If he truly did he'd be challenging for the pac12 title this year .
    OK class, how do we shut down spread offenses? We pound the football like Stanford, keep DAT off the field, kill the clock, play killer defense (which we will ), make field goals and punt well.

Sark ditched the run game ((Sankey did most on his own and in a sort of play-action mode) Sark hasn't lined it up and ran the football since his 1st year. David Shaw lines it up and beats you, Sark puts KP in the gun and uses Sankey for the sneaky little bursts of yardage (big dif )

Myth 2? Sark is an offensive genious. The dude is a paranoid and undisciplined playcaller. Worst I've ever seen, solely because he's the head coach. If he'd ditch playcalling he'd succeed here. He wont so he wont.

• Options
    "This recruit reminds me of great Husky X"

Example: When we signed Kasen Williams a 5 star he was immediately next Reggie Williams.

On the other side every 2 star is the next Emptermann. Every small WR is the next Mario Bailey.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    "this is the best team sark's had since he got here"
    "the 2009 class wasn't on Sark so he needs 6 classes to get his guys in"
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW should hire former husky player X as position coach Y!! It would be great to have former player X roaming the sidelines teaching the young players what it means to be a DAWG!!!
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,089
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's not fair that since UW doesn't have a PE program that Sark can't get many JUCO players.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited July 2013
    "Sark is a victim of his own success" but to b fair, I've only heard this from softy
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

"Sark is a victim of his own success" but to b fair, I've only heard this from softy

That one is normally reserved for Romar.

• Options

dhdawg said:

That one is normally reserved for Romar.

Yea was going to say that is a doog excuse always reserved for Romar.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Dawgman has great insight into everything.
  • Options
    "You need coaching continuity to succeed! You can't just keep firing coaches all the time. Look at the good teams they all have continuity."

When in reality it's good coaching then produces continuity while continuity doesn't equal good coaching.

Doogs still can't figure this one out.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

"You need coaching continuity to succeed! You can't just keep firing coaches all the time. Look at the good teams they all have continuity."

When in reality it's good coaching then produces continuity while continuity doesn't equal good coaching.

Doogs still can't figure this one out.

Stanford and Oregon seem to be doing fine despite their lack of coaching continuity.

Huh?