Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Get to 6-3 nothing else matters

13»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Cards got their asses kicked by the Broncos (yes they ended up with a third string rookie qb during the game). Manning tore up their defense though. They seem due for a two game losing streak. Their skill guys are okay but nothing great. You need to knock Johnny Carson Palmer around some. It effects any statue q.b. (see Brady).
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    blockquote class="Quote" rel="dnc">
    dhdawg said:

Team is fine. LIPO.

I agree. Carroll mentioned this morning they could get 6-7 guys back for next week
    he mentioned okung, unger, chancellor, hill and lane.
    they should beat the struggling giants (they're 7-8 point favorites) and go to 6-3 heading into KC.
    Seattle and SF were clearly the best teams in the NFC last year, I don't see any dominant teams that the seahawks absolutely couldn't beat if they sneak in as a WC.
    I'm not ready to put the division off the table either. The Cards are good but they're not this damn good, they beat our Iggles on a Hail Mary and beat the Cowboys thanks to Brandon Weeden. If Seattle can beat them at home in three weeks and be one game back for the rematch in Arizona the second to last week of the year it sets up for a classic Carson Palmer choke/injury/abundance.

OTOH Seattle's schedule is tougher down the stretch - each has four road games Arizona's slate of St Louis, Seattle, San Francisco, Atlanta is much easier than Seattle having KC, Arizona, SF, Philly. OTOH Arizona's home schedule is tougher: KC, St Louis, Detroit, Seattle vs NYG, St Louis, SF, Arizona. I'd rather have Arizona's schedule for sure but it's not inconceivable both emerge at 11-5 with Seattle winning both head to head and getting the tiebreaker.

Most importantly SF looks legimitately mediocre with not only the .500 record but a negative point differential. They're not a contender.

The Hawks lose at KC, Philly, NO and Arizona.

Cook it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2014
    salemcoog said:

Cook it.

So you're saying they make the playoffs?

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

Team is fine. LIPO.

I agree. Carroll mentioned this morning they could get 6-7 guys back for next week
    they should beat the struggling giants (they're 7-8 point favorites) and go to 6-3 heading into KC.
    Seattle and SF were clearly the best teams in the NFC last year, I don't see any dominant teams that the seahawks absolutely couldn't beat if they sneak in as a WC.
    Injuries are killing the Seahawks. When healthy, they are still a very good team. Like you said, get to 6-3 and take it from there. It could look a lot different a month from now if the Seahawks get healthy.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Team is fine. LIPO.

I'm not ready to put the division off the table either. The Cards are good but they're not this damn good, they beat our Iggles on a Hail Mary and beat the Cowboys thanks to Brandon Weeden. If Seattle can beat them at home in three weeks and be one game back for the rematch in Arizona the second to last week of the year it sets up for a classic Carson Palmer choke/injury/abundance.

OTOH Seattle's schedule is tougher down the stretch - each has four road games Arizona's slate of St Louis, Seattle, San Francisco, Atlanta is much easier than Seattle having KC, Arizona, SF, Philly. OTOH Arizona's home schedule is tougher: KC, St Louis, Detroit, Seattle vs NYG, St Louis, SF, Arizona. I'd rather have Arizona's schedule for sure but it's not inconceivable both emerge at 11-5 with Seattle winning both head to head and getting the tiebreaker.

Most importantly SF looks legimitately mediocre with not only the .500 record but a negative point differential. They're not a contender.
    Arizona is a really good football team. Good running game, arguably one of the best WR trios in the NFL, and they play very good team defense. Have they caught some breaks this year? Yes. If romo plays Sunday I'm almost certain the cowboys win, the eagles choking away the game last Sunday, so I do think the 7-1 record is a bit flukey, however I can't see them winning less than 11 games, Seahawks almost have to sweep them. That Sunday night game week 16 could be for the division
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    We will have to sweep Arizona to win the division. I fear that the Rams loss will end up costing us though. We have a very tough schedule left. @KC will be very tough and then you still have 4 against SF & Arizona and @Philly. That is 6 tough games and have to go 4-2 so that we can get to 11-5. 10-6 might not make playoffs.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Team is fine. LIPO.

Arizona is a really good football team. Good running game, arguably one of the best WR trios in the NFL, and they play very good team defense. Have they caught some breaks this year? Yes. If romo plays Sunday I'm almost certain the cowboys win, the eagles choking away the game last Sunday, so I do think the 7-1 record is a bit flukey, however I can't see them winning less than 11 games, Seahawks almost have to sweep them. That Sunday night game week 16 could be for the division
    No question on that. Two games back with half the season left and a more difficult schedule, they aren't passing them without a sweep.

• Options
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

Cook it.

It depends on how buttfumble fills in and if Dallas is on their annual cliff dive or not.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

Cook it.

It depends on how buttfumble fills in and if Dallas is on their annual cliff dive or not.
    Whoosh.

You said they loose at NO, which can't happen unless they make the playoffs.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

Cook it.

Whoosh.

You said they loose at NO, which can't happen unless they make the playoffs.
    Sorry my GAF level was not registering to the point of actual research.

But do continue to keep Hookin on for your flash in the pan Hawks,
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

Sanchez isn't gonna be that much worse than foles

After looking at Foles' stats (which really suck this year), I would actually agree. Sanchez will do pretty well in Chip's system. Sure he will turn the ball over but so did Foles.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

NO proved last year they could not match up with Seattle physically. They got their doors blown off in the regular season, and then got beat up again in the playoffs (the Seahawks took their foot off the gas up 16-0) but they are tough at home.
    I'd give them about the same chance to win no matter the venue.
    That said I still think they can win the division

New Orleans is a completely different team away vs. home. The splits are probably larger than the mid to late 2000's Seahawks teams. It seems to be the case again this year as they are undefeated at home and have only 1 road win (against a dreadful Carolina team).
  • Options
    edited November 2014

dhdawg said:

NO proved last year they could not match up with Seattle physically. They got their doors blown off in the regular season, and then got beat up again in the playoffs (the Seahawks took their foot off the gas up 16-0) but they are tough at home.
    I'd give them about the same chance to win no matter the venue.
    That said I still think they can win the division

New Orleans is a completely different team away vs. home. The splits are probably larger than the mid to late 2000's Seahawks teams. It seems to be the case again this year as they are undefeated at home and have only 1 road win (against a dreadful Carolina team).
    Bump for my FS analysis here. Saints suck, I don't care if Seattle has to play them in the playoffs.