Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Phil Mickelson Faces 61 Percent Tax Rate Following Back-To-Back Wins

2»

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TheGlove said:

He's only going to pocket 842 K for eight days of work?! The humanity!!!

Typical

Exactly. If 61% of the fire marshall's income was going to taxation he'd be singing a far different tune.
    maybe, but it's not like the vast majority of the country makes millions per year for swinging a golf club and schlepping products. since the middle class is being decimated somebody has to pay taxes.
    You make it sound like Phil woke up and won the lottery. You think he didn't bust his ass to get where he's at?

And what inevitably happens to societies that punish their most successful people? The most successful people start to think, "why am I busting my ass only to see 61% or more of my money go to taxation? And innovation and progress slowly begin to dry up.

There's a reason historically why the vast majority of innovation comes from America. Incentive and profitability.

Which societies has this happened to?

Examples are not hard to find.

policymic.com/articles/21042/gerard-depardieu-leaves-france-for-russia-over-misguided-75-tax-on-the-wealthy
    a washed-up, drunk-driving actor is your example?

pressing.

Ronald Reagan wasn't a drunk.

"At his Hollywood height, actor Ronnie Reagan was making $400,000 per picture. With the top federal tax rate over 90 percent, Reagan used to tell his White House chief of staff Donald Reagan, he always chose to “loaf” around rather than make more than two pictures a year.

“Why should I have done a third picture, even if it was Gone with the Wind?” Reagan remembers Reagan asking. “What good would it have done me?”

- See more at: http://toomuchonline.org/the-tax-that-turned-ronald-reagan-right/#sthash.7Fk5B86G.dpuf
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I love republicans who scream limited government and taxes but then have sucked off the government teet their whole career...I.E. Paul Ryan, his family wealth has come from government contracts. Disgusting. The democrat party and republican party are experts at pork barrel spending, and feeding the sheeple utter bullshit.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

I love republicans who scream limited government and taxes but then have sucked off the government teet their whole career...I.E. Paul Ryan, his family wealth has come from government contracts. Disgusting. The democrat party and republican party are experts at pork barrel spending, and feeding the sheeple utter bullshit.

What does this have to do with someone being taxed at 61%?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

He's only going to pocket 842 K for eight days of work?! The humanity!!!

Typical

Exactly. If 61% of the fire marshall's income was going to taxation he'd be singing a far different tune.
    maybe, but it's not like the vast majority of the country makes millions per year for swinging a golf club and schlepping products. since the middle class is being decimated somebody has to pay taxes.
    You make it sound like Phil woke up and won the lottery. You think he didn't bust his ass to get where he's at?

And what inevitably happens to societies that punish their most successful people? The most successful people start to think, "why am I busting my ass only to see 61% or more of my money go to taxation? And innovation and progress slowly begin to dry up.

There's a reason historically why the vast majority of innovation comes from America. Incentive and profitability.
    The internet and I had a good laugh at that line.