Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Phil Mickelson Faces 61 Percent Tax Rate Following Back-To-Back Wins

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited July 2013
    He's only going to pocket 842 K for eight days of work?! The humanity!!!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Taxes solve everything, until the government squanders those tax dollars again and the people with money take their ball and go home.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    He didnt build that.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He should LEAVE California.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Typical

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    Founders Club

Typical

Exactly. If 61% of the fire marshall's income was going to taxation he'd be singing a far different tune.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm in favor of taxing the rich, so that other rich people can get paid to argue about how to spend their money for them. It's only fair.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited July 2013

Typical

Exactly. If 61% of the fire marshall's income was going to taxation he'd be singing a far different tune.
    maybe, but it's not like the vast majority of the country makes millions per year for swinging a golf club and schlepping products. since the middle class is being decimated somebody has to pay taxes.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2013

Typical

maybe, but it's not like the vast majority of the country makes millions per year for swinging a golf club and schlepping products. since the middle class is being decimated somebody has to pay taxes.
    You make it sound like Phil woke up and won the lottery. You think he didn't bust his ass to get where he's at?

And what inevitably happens to societies that punish their most successful people? The most successful people start to think, "why am I busting my ass only to see 61% or more of my money go to taxation? And innovation and progress slowly begin to dry up.

There's a reason historically why the vast majority of innovation comes from America. Incentive and profitability.
  • Options
    BAMAdawg10BAMAdawg10 Member Posts: 145
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    Founders Club

Typical

You make it sound like Phil woke up and won the lottery. You think he didn't bust his ass to get where he's at?

And what inevitably happens to societies that punish their most successful people? The most successful people start to think, "why am I busting my ass only to see 61% or more of my money go to taxation? And innovation and progress slowly begin to dry up.

There's a reason historically why the vast majority of innovation comes from America. Incentive and profitability.

Which societies has this happened to?

Examples are not hard to find.

policymic.com/articles/21042/gerard-depardieu-leaves-france-for-russia-over-misguided-75-tax-on-the-wealthy
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Innovation. Progress. Mickelson. Depardieu.

Seriously?

Also I don't think you want to make this argument using professional athletes. America provides a pretty unique opportunity for them. There other sports leagues around the world, any athlete can leave any time they want and no one would give a shit. Except for Tiger. That would hurt golf. Nobody else leaving damages any other sport though.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Typical

HI AYN!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Why is it that we keep der Golve around yet Harv is Door.Ass.Out. again?
  • Options
    i'll paraphrase Warren Buffett on this topic...

if you are concerned about your tax bill, just make more money.

And it sounds like Phil needs to get a better accountant.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He chooses to live in California where they tax the crap out of everyone, just move to a state with no income tax.
  • Options

Typical

Which societies has this happened to?

Examples are not hard to find.

policymic.com/articles/21042/gerard-depardieu-leaves-france-for-russia-over-misguided-75-tax-on-the-wealthy
    a washed-up, drunk-driving actor is your example?

pressing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like KobeStopper is a fan of comparative worth.

There are billions of people of the planet that could make the same judgment about you as you do about the Phil and the "rich".

I happen to think you have earned plenty and need to pay 90% over what you make now. Someone's gotta pay.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

i'll paraphrase Warren Buffett on this topic...

if you are concerned about your tax bill, just make more money.

And it sounds like Phil needs to get a better accountant.

Another Buffett Stooge.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Is he taking donations via PayPal?