Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Smiph & Wednesday [Premium Caple Content]

Quoting OC Jonathan Smith on Shaq Thompson, and trying to generate a passing game

(Can you get anything out of the ASU film?) “You definitely get some. There’s things for us to clean up. It’s 11-on-11 football, you can still get a lot from the film, and we’re hoping we continue to improve from that. Definitely the weather will be better on Saturday. I’ll be curious to see – we got good sun today, and there were some balls in the afternoon games Colorado has played, you can see in the second half of the UCLA game, that sun being a factor, so it was great we got to practice in that today.”

(How much can Troy Williams take from that game?) “A lot. Because it was kind of his first time to play a full game, go through the ups and downs of a ball game, try to keep on battling through. I think he in particular learned a lot, and as a group I thought we learned a lot.”

(Expect to have more depth at running back this week?) “I hope so. We’ll kind of see. It’s still day to day. We’re definitely hoping we do on Saturday.”

(How did Shaq Thompson look?) “I thought he ran well for the amount we gave it to him, however many times. I thought he did some good things. We definitely missed a couple things, a couple protection, whatnot. He gives us a spark, and hopefully he continues to do it.”

(Does he know the offense well?) “He does. I think he knows it halfway decent. He doesn’t have a ton of experience getting it repped. Good in the meeting room, coming off the board, I think he’s dialed in on that. But then when it’s full-speed bullets, it’s a little tougher, and that showed up on Saturday a couple times.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-VbTwO0wFQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRmhqRJAVzw

Huskies WR John Ross: ‘It seems like they know when the ball is coming to me’
“I feel like it’s everything. They just know,” he said. “It seems like they know when the ball is coming to me. And I try to change up everything, but … I just have fun, you know, no matter what.”

He says he isn’t upset with how little he’s touched the ball recently.

“I wouldn’t say it’s frustrating,” Ross said. “My mentality is if I’m not getting the ball, then do what they would do for me if I did have the ball. Sometimes I like to really block, like block down the field and cut guys and have a lot of fun out there for the guys who are getting the ball. It’s not hard for me to stay in the game mentally.”

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2014
    Good lord... does he speak English?
    (Any rust from Cyler Miles this week?) “He’s been solid. I think he’s been working on it. He’ll be definitely ready to go, back (to his) hometown, that type of thing.”
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Smith...aye..aye...aye... I guess let it play out.