Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pessimistic About Next Year And the Future (Tequilla Long)

124»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Please refrain from bringing perversion and the use of "I have beaten woman syndrome. " analogies that lessen the seriousness of domestic violence.

there is no need for " Yeah, if my aunt had a dick she would be my uncle" perversion especially if you want to bring it to the podcast. Otherwise you have good points, don't diminish them with the perversion that seems to be persistent in your analysis. I know you can make the points without it.

Jump off the Columbia Tower
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I freaked the fuck out after the game on Saturday, I admit it. But I have to remember that none of the issues I have seen with Petersen so far have been huge red flags. I am not worried about him not working hard, I am not worried about him having huge misses on the recruiting front, I am not worried about him ignoring the OL/DL, I am not worried about him mismanaging a roster, I am not worried about him getting a Joey's waitress pregnant.

My biggest worry right now is the offensive philosophy. But in today's modern age of football an offense can change over an off season drastically (Look at TCU this year).

Plus I watch Buttah Baker play and it gives me a boner, his TFL on Taylor Kelly on first and goal from the 5 yard line for a loss of 5 was incredible. FUCK, I love Buttah.

Good points and I agree. His work ethic and attention to detail seem to be there. The defense is better. That's player development. Let's see what happens with a Pac 12 q.b. A lot of people are jumping off the ledge here. I'm disappointed too but they lost to 3 of the better teams. He didn't blow a 17 point lead to the Cougs
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited October 2014
    jecornel said:

Deontae cooper looks to be like a capable back, however the staff seamed pleased with Coleman and Washington running into the backs of the oline.....it wasn't enough for cooper to run for 12 yards up the middle on the first offensive series only to be yanked immediately for the Shaq of all trades.

There are certainly questionable decisions made by the coaching staff.....how about coming out in the second with lindquist and choose to run the ball? Seemed like a simple adjustment due to the conditions.

It was abundantly clear Williams was not going to win the game. Did anyone catch that 70 yard series of running play after running play and then smith choosing to pitch the ball outside? Crazy....

After that play I said to myself smiths subconscious hate for Washington oozed out in that play call.......( I don't believe that, just my thought at the moment as I threw my phone and broke the screen)

I thought that during the game. Williams wasn't going to do anything through the air, so why not pound them with Lindquist and Shaq all game? it's pretty clear Lindquist of the 3 is the best runner. Hugh was also criticizing them for not doing it postgame
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

Totally agree.

The sooner the staff can figure out the QB position, the better. For the psyche too.

I'm not ready to steal a Cessna at Boeing Field and fly it into Rainier....at least not yet.

Agree with most of what you said.

Defense was great and even without Shaq. Both Hudsons (but esp Andrew) stepped up their game. It is a shame that the defense with 4 All Americans can't play on a team that will even contend for a title deep in the season. Its a fucking shame with the top line talent this team has had the past two years that it won't even touch 10 wins once.

All opinions and predictions aside, its a 5-3 team that will be favored in 3 more games plus 4 if you count a shitty bowl game. Win the games you should and beat UA or UCLA and its 9-4 going into a bowl. And by the way UCLA's OL is terrible and UCLA is worse than ASU & Stanford.

Next year will be a major rebuilding year but I don't think the defense will be bad. The secondary will be better for sure. Shaq & Timu are losses at LB but there are young highly recruited guys with one or two years of experience who can step in and improve as the season goes on. Maybe Bierria and Victor will emerge and Littleton has experience. The crop of young DL's (Qualls, Mathis, McGary, Vea, Dissly, Johnson, Gaines) is the best we've had in 25 years. I don't see why the defense can't progress the way ASU's has this season.

The big key will major improvement on offense. The OL will be worse but you get back Charles, Tufunga and Shelton…basically 3 starters. If you get a 6th year out of Tanigawa or Riva, thats a bonus. Brostek after a year of RS'ing could be a quality starter. Not a total dumpster fire.

There will be a lot of questions but there will be a chance for Petersen to show his player development. Look I'd like to go 10-4 so Pete gets free pub…most wins in 13 years, blah blah blah. But I doubt 10-4 is what bumps up our recruiting or excitement. Pete now has the next 1.5 seasons to prove he can develop players and position for a real run in year 3. And it needs to start ASAFP with the offense.

You act like it's all the QB and nothing to do with the shitty oline.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I was doogin' it up pre-season, I fully admit that. I was thinking 10 wins was pretty much guaranteed.

I think I had so much blood going to my groin area after the hire and all pre-season that I kinda lost track of things. I overvalued the coaching upgrade, and undervalued GREATLY how a coaching change can set a team back a bit and also how much talent we lost on offense.

My long term expectation for the program have not changed one bit. I still expect us to be one of the top programs on the west coast in the next 3 years. Not much has changed in that way for me.

Fucking this. With a bullet.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Roaddawg - you need to step back from that ledge my friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lObgLdtXYpU

Indeed, it's a painful process. Check out Lawyer Milloy interview on KJR from Friday
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014

You said it yourself they weren't playing for a championship this year. So by that standard TSIO. Who gives a shit how many wins you get unless you are going to be playing for something.

I really don't think Petersen's recruiting is going to be affected by his W/L record as much as you think it might. Really more interested in his player development than the 4/5 star kids he recruits.

This is absurd. I missed this post yeterday. If wins this season don't matter, why didn't you and others say 7 or 8 wins would be cool? 10 wins was talked about non stop before the season.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    You should shoot yourself
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

You said it yourself they weren't playing for a championship this year. So by that standard TSIO. Who gives a shit how many wins you get unless you are going to be playing for something.

I really don't think Petersen's recruiting is going to be affected by his W/L record as much as you think it might. Really more interested in his player development than the 4/5 star kids he recruits.

This is absurd. I missed this pos yeterday. If wins this season don't matter, why didn't you and others say 7 or 8 wins would be cool? 10 wins was talked about non stop before the season.
    Who says 7 or 8 wins would be cool? TSIO it doesn't matter what record they end up with. They aren't playing for anything anymore, it is all pointless.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    As someone who is a full peterpants advocate, i'm not entirely sure what to think of this season. I know that many of us under estimated how poor our offensive skill positions were. I really thought coleman was a stud, thought our WR's were more than capable and assumed we had at least one QB on our roster who could spin it. So far, just about everyone has failed in every regard.

I'm not hung up on wins providing I can see improvement in the program and somewhere to go. Right now I see an offense truly lacking in so many areas of talent.

What my main concern is outside of talent is how the huskies are setting up their offense. The read option IMO is a very big fad which is very reliant on specific talent that isn't easy to obtain. You see a lot of teams try it and most aren't very good at it. The read option is also worthless if you never actually have an option and merely hand it off all game. Having a TE involved in the game would be a very nice bonus as well. It's like we forgot that position existed.

Peterson's old team is starting to roll on offense which means one of two things. They are maturing into the team he wanted, or he left and they got better. The latter is obviously scary.

I do remember for years peterpants was known for creativity in formations, looks, motion and getting things involved. Only over the 2-3 years have I see his offense go incredibly stiff and be about as predictable as they come. Many in boise blamed the OC(prince) for the massive change, but this fad is reminding me of romar's move to the 4-high. Everyone in the stadium/gym knew what made the coach successful but it's almost like they are bound and determined to prove they can do something which isn't their strength instead of doing what they were very very good at.

I hope, just like romar should, that they realize what they are good at and build around it instead of try and prove everyone wrong.

• Options
    Sundevil76Sundevil76 Member Posts: 109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2014
    Road Dawg, really needs to take his medicatiom for being bipolar for God sakes. Did you really think with your offense ten wins? ASU won eight games including the bowl game in Graham's first year and people were good with that. Beating Leach should be good for the soul.The Seattle area is a huge base of recruits and Petersen's name is worth at lease a couple four stars alone. Kids are more loyal in the NW than in Phoenix. Graham did well considering the entire nationial media was out to tar and feather him but they love your coach. The LA schools have inferior coaches. It will all work out but you got to control yourself and have faith, Sark is gone. I promise in Tempe if a DB returns a pick to the house, we will not throw MULTIPLE water bottles at him. At least the fans did not throw them at the Duck cheerleaders like in Tucson.