Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pessimistic About Next Year And the Future (Tequilla Long)

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014

Jesus. You're all over the fucking map. It's going to take a few more games. But by the middle to end of next year I belive we will see Petersen beginning to take the team to the next level. Any half brain with a computer knew this would be a hard year and next year will have ups and downs as well. Dumbfucks who bought into sark leaving "a full cupboard" and just add a winning coach would lead to 11 wins were dooging it up hard.

Lifpo

Not really. A lot of half brains predicted 10+ wins. The schedule set up nicely. This season has been a failure so far. That's all I'm saying. Everyone knew this team had strengths and weaknesses and a championship was highly unlikely. You like to pretend you are right about everything, but according to you, we were going to lose to Cal and get plungered by ASU.
    It's not a failure to those who understand what's going on and who are paying attention. Take responsibility for your dooging it up.
    It is a failure. It doesn't mean that Petersen is going to fail, but this season hasn't been a success. Pretty basic shit there Dimone(LOL)

Worst offense in the PAC 12. The fake punt against Stanford. Many seem to blame the QB, the other talent, Sark, Smith. Some of this needs to be on Petersen. This team was capable of winning 10 games.
    This season is only a failure to you because you didn't understand what was happening and dooged it up all the way to 10+ wins...like a dumbfuck. You were even predicting that a couple of weeks ago. Good christ..do you pay attention, at all? It's playing out like knowledgeable fans expected and the future looks very very good.

They were never capable of winning 10 games. Some of us knew that.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jesus. You're all over the fucking map. It's going to take a few more games. But by the middle to end of next year I belive we will see Petersen beginning to take the team to the next level. Any half brain with a computer knew this would be a hard year and next year will have ups and downs as well. Dumbfucks who bought into sark leaving "a full cupboard" and just add a winning coach would lead to 11 wins were dooging it up hard.

Lifpo

Not really. A lot of half brains predicted 10+ wins. The schedule set up nicely. This season has been a failure so far. That's all I'm saying. Everyone knew this team had strengths and weaknesses and a championship was highly unlikely. You like to pretend you are right about everything, but according to you, we were going to lose to Cal and get plungered by ASU.
    It's not a failure to those who understand what's going on and who are paying attention. Take responsibility for your dooging it up.
    It is a failure. It doesn't mean that Petersen is going to fail, but this season hasn't been a success. Pretty basic shit there Dimone.

Worst offense in the PAC 12. The fake punt against Stanford. Many seem to blame the QB, the other talent, Sark, Smith. Some of this needs to be on Petersen. This team was capable of winning 10 games.
    This season is only a failure to you because you didn't understand what was happening and dooged it up all the way to 10+ wins...like a dumbfuck. You were even predicting that a couple of weeks ago. Good christ..do you pay attention, at all? It's playing out like knowledgeable fans expected and the future looks very very good.

That last sentence is really fucking dumb. They are/were plenty capable.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014

Lifpo

It is a failure. It doesn't mean that Petersen is going to fail, but this season hasn't been a success. Pretty basic shit there Dimone.

Never capable of winning 10 games? In two of the 3 losses they were tied in the 4th quarter. They'll be favored in 3 more games plus a skanky bowl game…win those and thats 9 wins. Beat UCLA at home, who is worse than ASU & Stanford and thats 10.

Apparently some of us also knew we'd lose to Cal and get plungered by ASU.

Dimone (LOL) only talks about the times Dimone (LOL) was right.
    There is some world class mother fucking dooging going on here.. Yep - A couple of bounces the other way and UW's sitting at 8-2. Sounds like the coog who rationalized WSU was really tied with UA in the 4th quarter. Now, just win the games they are favored in and the bowl win (assumed) and it's 9 wins!

Sounds like Sark in 2012 when they won 7, but it was really 9.

Here's how it plays out.

CU - W
    UCLA - L
    UA - L
    OSU - W
    WSU - L

7-6. That might be optimistic, but seems reasonable that they would end 7-6. I don't think CU and OSU will score much on the UW D so it might only take 14-21 points to win. I am hopeful they can at least get that. It's going to be hard hold WSU under 35-40 and it would take a big turnaround for the offense to score over that.

Colorado and UCLA are on different trajectories right now, so those might be flipped, but I don't think they beat them both.

Who knows about the bowl.

If they win 10 games Petersen should be coach of the year and I will move my prediction of great things to come up a year.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2014

Most here knew year 2 would suck.

We all thought it would be a rebuilding year, but it might be worse than originally thought. Than again, it might be better with another year in Petersen's system. I'm just pissed about another fucking waste of a season. I do feel this year was a wasted opportunity to get some momentum and "buzz" in recruiting and excitement so that next year's rebuild would be tolerated.
    A lot of half brains are just an echo chamber for your podcast. Kim felt the same way as you do now after the Hawaii game when it was evident Peterman was not going to simply put his stamp on things and rolling forward.
    just the way I see it
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Lifpo

Here is what I said about ASU.

"I've watched all the UW games. 4 of them in person.

Late last night I watched oregon. with the benefit of 24 hours of perspective and a fast forward button.

If you think don't think UW has serious issues in several areas, I ask, do you watch UW games.

It's possible UW beats asu. That's why they play. Petersen could figure some stuff out. But they need to make some changes to win."
    They were very capable of beating ASU, if the correct coaching adjustments were made and Petersen chose Lindquist and pounded them with the run all game, UW very well may have won that game.
    Saying this team was never capable of winning 10 games is ridiculous, they very might still win 9.
    This season is a failure
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I guess I was a fucking Doog. I thought 10 wins.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Lifpo

Still coming back to that? Dumb single play, move on. It's the same as those fluffing Sark over "God's Play" at Cal.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

Lifpo

Late last night I watched oregon. with the benefit of 24 hours of perspective and a fast forward button.

If you think don't think UW has serious issues in several areas, I ask, do you watch UW games.

It's possible UW beats asu. That's why they play. Petersen could figure some stuff out. But they need to make some changes to win."
    They were very capable of beating ASU, if the correct coaching adjustments were made and Petersen chose Lindquist and pounded them with the run all game, UW very well may have won that game.
    Saying this team was never capable of winning 10 games is ridiculous, they very might still win 9.
    This season is a failure
    I think "there is no reason they couldn't beat ASU" was the call, right? Expect we all knew the offense is simply a mess. Barely D1 shit here.

Fuckin A people, this is serious doog/coog shit when we start talking about if not for this but for that they would have won.

Bottom line is they didn't. And the fucking offense did what we thought they would do and scored 3 points.

Wishing and hoping is a lot different than capable. So are possible and likely. Most everything is possible, but when the facts line up and you look at it, it's becomes unlikely.

Fuck, did DJ (ILTCHDJ) do something and somehow link this place to doogman?

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    You said it yourself they weren't playing for a championship this year. So by that standard TSIO. Who gives a shit how many wins you get unless you are going to be playing for something.

I really don't think Petersen's recruiting is going to be affected by his W/L record as much as you think it might. Really more interested in his player development than the 4/5 star kids he recruits.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Please refrain from bringing perversion and the use of "I have beaten woman syndrome. " analogies that lessen the seriousness of domestic violence.

there is no need for " Yeah, if my aunt had a dick she would be my uncle" perversion especially if you want to bring it to the podcast. Otherwise you have good points, don't diminish them with the perversion that seems to be persistent in your analysis. I know you can make the points without it.

Fag alert. Sorry, can't make my point without using that term.

• Options

dhdawg said:

Lifpo

This season is a failure
    I think "there is no reason they couldn't beat ASU" was the call, right? Expect we all knew the offense is simply a mess. Barely D1 shit here.

Fuckin A people, this is serious doog/coog shit when we start talking about if not for this but for that they would have won.

Bottom line is they didn't. And the fucking offense did what we thought they would do and scored 3 points.

Wishing and hoping is a lot different than capable. So are possible and likely. Most everything is possible, but when the facts line up and you look at it, it's becomes unlikely.

Did you take that as me guaranteeing a win over ASU? That certainly wasn't what I was saying.
    I predicted a win last week, not feeling very good about it. I just meant if we lose I wasn't going to make excuses for Petersen if that were to happen. It was a completely winnable game.
    This team has enough talent not to be 12th in the pac-12 in offense, there is no excuse for them to be as bad as they are. Why is it not okay to have high expectations?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I thought that 10 to 11 wins seemed like the right bar to set.

I had expectations that we'd get QB play at a comparable level to Price. That clearly hasn't happened.

I expected that our WR play to be reasonable. Between Kasen's injury and challenges at the QB position, this group has been a disappointment.

I expected that we'd have a next man up at RB like we did with Sankey when Polk left. Coleman and Washington are proving that there is a massive gap between Sankey and them.

I expected that the OL would continue growing year over year. Riva's injury has clearly hurt. With the difficult QB play, hard to really tell how much they have regressed versus getting overwhelmed at the LOS by people not respecting the pass.

I thought that the defense would be a top 3-4 defense in the conference. That's happened.

I thought that the kicking game would take a step back and I was actually very worried about what we'd get here. It's probably been better than I was expecting but it has hurt us with inconsistency.

It's easy to point fingers and say that people are moving the goal posts. I'm disappointed in the fact that I thought we'd have a better team. I definitely thought we'd have better QB play.

But when I look at this team right now, I see a team that is a 4-5 or 5-4 conference team. It just is what it is. It's an average at best team. Hard to put more lipstick on a pig than that.

I don't have a problem saying when I'm wrong. I was wrong thinking that our offense would be better. I'm not impressed at all with what I'm seeing out of the QB position. It's been shown time and time again that if you don't have competent QB play you can't win in this conference at a high level regardless of what you have around it.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Lifpo

This season is a failure

You are completely missing the point. What you aren't getting is that Sark was blamed by you and all fans who weren't dumbasses for not winning 9 games. In Sark's first, you blamed him for losing to UCLA, Notre Dame, and ASU. Petersen loses close, but winnable games and the same people blaming Sark are making excuses for Petersen. Coaches are judged by wins or losses. Anyone can sit and say Petersen is building something (I think he will). People said the same about Sark. The only difference is their resumes. We are talking about this season. Obviously nobody will give a fuck about winning 7 or 9, or 10 if he takes off in year 3 or 4, but call it like it is.
    This. There seems to be a double standard here in regards to Petersen and sark. No one here made excuses when we lost by 3 to Stanford on the road a year ago, but it's okay to lose to ASU at home?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lifpo

Still coming back to that? Dumb single play, move on. It's the same as those fluffing Sark over "God's Play" at Cal.
    It was a dumb, single play, but it's part of this season's puzzle. If that was the only issue, things would be great.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This thread is fucking delivering.