Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Time to admit it: I was wrong about this year

said 11-2 based on some key assumptions:

An "extra" win due to a weak non-conference schedule. Check.

The defense would be solid. Check.

Petersen would bring immediate improvement in terms of execution and effort. Yes and no. The execution on defense is better; we rarely give up big plays. But the execution on offense is worse. And this team has looked flat at times.

The offense would be adequate because our experienced Oline would be dominant, making life easy for our new QB, RBs, and WRs. And I expected one of the QBs to perform at an adequate PAC-12 level Wrong. Really, really wrong.

I expected an Oline of Riva, Hatchie, Tanigawa, Charles, and Criste. Wrong, No Riva, no Criste, and last night, no Charles. I thought we would have the best line in the league. In reality they have been average, at best.

The QB play has been very uneven. Lindquist was terrible against Hawaii. Williams was terrible last night. Miles is clearly our best option this year. He is fine when given time, but can't handle pressure.

And the most surprising thing to me is how confused the coaches clearly are about this offense. They are struggling to find something that works and establish an identity. To me the answer is clear. This offense has looked the best when we run the ball straight ahead consistently, and use that to set up the pass. Think about the long drive at Cal, and the one good drive last night. Pound, pound, pound, pass. That is what this team can do.

But Smith/Petersen keep trying to be too clever. Too many weird calls. Too many reverses. Too many screens. And too many mistakes. Penalties, Drops. Missed blocks. And last night, three turnovers.

Part of this is due to years of bad Oline recruiting. Hatchie is the one and only 4 star recruit in the program.

But the rest lies with Petersen. He and Smith need to make some decisions and settle on what they want this offense to be.

I still have confidence we hired the right coach. The future is bright. But this is going to be another year of mediocrity, and I did not expect that.

Comments

• Options
    MortonhuskyMortonhusky Member Posts: 54
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So to sum up:

You once again (how many years in a row? 10? 11? ) think the dawgs will be 'back'......but as it turns out they aren't.

The post you made above is loaded with shit that when its not an attempt to ingratiate yourself here, wreaks of 'i may have been wrong before but I have figured it out now'................which is basically all that you do online.

Speculate, speculate and then speculate some more.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Scared and stupid?

I'm just staking an early position that your AD has cocked it up yet again.
  • Options

Canard said:

Scared and stupid?

A scared and stupid position

Track record and history are on my side until proven otherwise.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You're not the only one Aubbie. Enough with the fucking excuses though. Winning 4 of the next 5 should be the minimum expectation.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canard said:

Canard said:

Scared and stupid?

If you mean they aren't on your side then sure.

What a moronic statement
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ah, so you're a true believer in the minor leaguer's w/l record?

Had thought you were too jaded for that by now.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

You're not the only one Aubbie. Enough with the fucking excuses though. Winning 4 of the next 5 should be the minimum expectation.

wait... you "expect" to win 4 of the next 5? really?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canard said:

Ah so your a true believer in the minor leaguer's w/l record?

Had thought you were too jaded for that by now.

8 games. 8 fucking games. Get it?

Am I guaranteeing he will succeed? No.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Canard said:

Canard said:

Scared and stupid?

Canard said:

Canard said:

Scared and stupid?

History began in 1994
  • Options
    MortonhuskyMortonhusky Member Posts: 54
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment

Talk about doubling down on your doogin........holy shit things is changin in a hurry.

Christ, all year I have had that ucla game as a definite L for you guys.....not so sure anymore. Ditto with my Cougs, thought they would beat you guys by 14 or more, not so sure about that anymore.

In a way,EVERY game you guys have left could go ANY frikkin way. Total mystery.

Could see you guys beating Arizona, could see you guys losing in Boulder. I wouldn't necessarily even pencil in a W against that bizarre osu team.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Talk about doubling down on your doogin........holy shit things is changin in a hurry.

Christ, all year I have had that ucla game as a definite L for you guys.....not so sure anymore. Ditto with my Cougs, thought they would beat you guys by 14 or more, not so sure about that anymore.

Could see you guys beating Arizona, could see you guys losing in Boulder. I wouldn't necessarily even pencil in a W against that bizarre osu team.

Hard to argue at this point. Anything can happen
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hard to argue at this point. Anything can happen