Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fire j smith tonight

13»

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Your blind faith that you aren't a retard is quaint.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Canard said:

Canard said:

Houhusky said:

Great blaming the assistants thread as always.

assistants can be fired after 1 year, head coaches? not the case

Petermen wont be fired at the airport until year 3 no matter what

Petermen gets the blame fully but the biggest change in the team you are going to get in the next 2 years is an assistant change.

Will it work? probably not... but its probably better than just letting things continue as they are for the next 3 years

Fire Smith at the end of this year, hope for a miracle
    This. I blame Petersen, but I will be thrilled if Smith is fired after this year (or now). The guy is a fucking doofus and was the QB coach at Boise. Get a guy from Baylor, Auburn, or another great offense and hand him the reigns.
    I don't know how anyone can justify hiring a quarterbacks coach from the MWC to be an offensive coordinator in the Pac-12. It was head-scratching back in December, and now it just looks fucking stupid. Petersen needs to fire some of these mid-major hacks and hire some real coaches in the offseason.
    Petersen is one of those mid-major hacks.

HTH
    I have all the screenshots I need when Peterman is inserting the plunger 2 or 3 seasons from now.
    Your blind faith is quaint.
    So is your inability to pick up on any of the ways this board works despite having more than enough time.
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

So should ASU fire their OC after tonight's game?

After all UW outgained ASU on offense 290 to 285.

UW had more rushing attempts (46 to 43) and yards (151 to 105) than ASU. The difference in this game was the 3 killer turnovers by our freshman QB. Compare that to ASU who only had 1. I don't know what to say if you can't see that.

The ASU playcalling and coaching was awful last night too. Their playcalling and decision to play a clearly not ready Kelly made their victory a lot harder than it needed to be. That's not a positive for UW.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504

Canard said:

Canard said:

Houhusky said:

Petermen gets the blame fully but the biggest change in the team you are going to get in the next 2 years is an assistant change.

Will it work? probably not... but its probably better than just letting things continue as they are for the next 3 years

This. I blame Petersen, but I will be thrilled if Smith is fired after this year (or now). The guy is a fucking doofus and was the QB coach at Boise. Get a guy from Baylor, Auburn, or another great offense and hand him the reigns.
    I don't know how anyone can justify hiring a quarterbacks coach from the MWC to be an offensive coordinator in the Pac-12. It was head-scratching back in December, and now it just looks fucking stupid. Petersen needs to fire some of these mid-major hacks and hire some real coaches in the offseason.

HTH
    I have all the screenshots I need when Peterman is inserting the plunger 2 or 3 seasons from now.
    So is your inability to pick up on any of the ways this board works despite having more than enough time.
    Conflate inability and unwillingness if it's stroking your ego. I don't give two shits about how any board works.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Canard said:

Canard said:

Canard said:

Houhusky said:

HTH
    Conflate inability and unwillingness if it's stroking your ego. I don't give two shits about how any board works.
    Regardless of whether or not you're a dipshit, at least that's the right attitude.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited October 2014

Canard said:

Canard said:

Houhusky said:

HTH

Canard said:

Canard said:

Houhusky said:

HTH
    No he's smart enough to get it. He just wants to troll. These Duck trolls are a dime a dozen. I can't even keep track of all of their names over the yrs. Most of them sell meth, work at Bi-mart, or pump gas
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I am quite liking Canard. If you read between the lines on his bomb throwing, he is pretty near the mark on a lot of things. I disagree that we already know Peterman is destined to be shit, but there are some disturbing trends developing.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I am quite liking Canard. If you read between the lines on his bomb throwing, he is pretty near the mark on a lot of things. I disagree that we already know Peterman is destined to be shit, but there are some disturbing trends developing.

This. He's trolling and going for reactions, but he's not totally wrong either.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    It doesn't take a genius to see that our offense is a flaming bag of shit right now or that Jonathan Smith is probably in over his head.

Swaye said:

• Options
    HFNY said:

It doesn't take a genius to see that our offense is a flaming bag of shit right now or that Jonathan Smith is probably in over his head.

Swaye said:

The genius in it is an unflinching commitment to the idea that the captain is responsible for every aspect of his crew's and ship's performance.

The QBs are at fault? No.

Is the OC at fault? No.

Only one guy is making the big bucks. If something is lacking, it's on him to fix it personally, right fucking now, not in the offseason at his leisure after having stolen past pay checks.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

So should ASU fire their OC after tonight's game?

After all UW outgained ASU on offense 290 to 285.

UW had more rushing attempts (46 to 43) and yards (151 to 105) than ASU. The difference in this game was the 3 killer turnovers by our freshman QB. Compare that to ASU who only had 1. I don't know what to say if you can't see that.

If you can't see that 17>3 then I can't help you.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Who said he is going to wait until the offseason? Quit being stoopid.
    Canard said:

HFNY said:

Swaye said:

The genius in it is an unflinching commitment to the idea that the captain is responsible for every aspect of his crew's and ship's performance.

Is the OC at fault? No.

Only one guy is making the big bucks. If something is lacking, it's on him to fix it personally, right fucking now, not in the offseason at his leisure after having stolen past pay checks.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You mean a coach of a 5-3 team isn't perfect. Well fuck thanks for posting Einstein. Who knew?
  • Options
    HFNY said:

Who said he is going to wait until the offseason? Quit being stoopid.

Canard said:

HFNY said:

Swaye said:

Is the OC at fault? No.

The improvement in the squad is palpable. FFS.
  • Options

You mean a coach of a 5-3 team isn't perfect. Well fuck thanks for posting Einstein. Who knew?

I don't often think of you as dim, but you apparently you have no idea what the fuck $3.5MM per is supposed to buy performance-wise in collegiate coaching.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2014
    Yeah that's it...if we pay our coaches $9 million per year, we'll both beat Arizona.

Canard said:

I don't often think of you as dim, but you apparently you have no idea what the fuck $3.5MM per is supposed to buy performance-wise in collegiate coaching.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canard said:

7-5 for Saban at Bama his first year

• Options
    Saban was a James disciple, peenerman? Not so much.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canard said:

Saban was a James disciple, peenerman? Not so much.

Petermen was a Bellotti disciple but has worked hard to overcome that
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    jecornel said:

VERY winnable. Smith has no clue what he is doing. Cooper was under utilized the dude makes plays. Shaq was great but they needed him on D on critical late drives.

Also, Taylor Kelly's TD pass to strong was a dead give away and the D got toasted on it.

Smith chose not to establish Cooper early and that was a massive mistake.

They should have yanked Williams and run Lindquist, Cooper, shaq.

But when you bring out Lindquist and Ross together it again is a dead give away to the D. Linquist is a beast runner.

Have no faith in what they are trying accomplish on offense.

Also this staff has chosen to feature Mickens which is just a total joke......total joke...

Before LAST season I said Mikkkkkens was not a feature receiver..... on doogman. Axes and pitchforks were brandished. He's like a smurf, but with worse hands.