Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fire j smith tonight

Comments

• Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    Yes but you would think by the 8th game that a good OC could find something to get the offense going beyond a random sputter once a game.

It was just so depressing to realize just how far away UW is from being even above average right now. Fucking fuck.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

So should ASU fire their OC after tonight's game?

After all UW outgained ASU on offense 290 to 285.

UW had more rushing attempts (46 to 43) and yards (151 to 105) than ASU. The difference in this game was the 3 killer turnovers by our freshman QB. Compare that to ASU who only had 1. I don't know what to say if you can't see that.

Jesus Fucking Christ

UW's defense >>>>>> ASU's defense

also our offense has been shit all year regardless of QB or RB

if you cant see that then I cant help you

• Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

Nick Holt of offense

Makes peenerman Sark 2.0 when you put it that way.

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

So should ASU fire their OC after tonight's game?

After all UW outgained ASU on offense 290 to 285.

UW had more rushing attempts (46 to 43) and yards (151 to 105) than ASU. The difference in this game was the 3 killer turnovers by our freshman QB. Compare that to ASU who only had 1. I don't know what to say if you can't see that.

You must have not watched the game.

Williams.fumble was saved by the d stopping them from scoring.... a pathetic roll out pass against his thowing armand a slowly developing play and then he stops and geTs crushed.

The last pick the ball was thrown high on 4th and 25....his tithe turnover the wr didn't turn around..busted play.

Asu has a shit defense.

• Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Great blaming the assistants thread as always.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

assistants can be fired after 1 year, head coaches? not the case

Petermen wont be fired at the airport until year 3 no matter what

Petermen gets the blame fully but the biggest change in the team you are going to get in the next 2 years is an assistant change.

Will it work? probably not... but its probably better than just letting things continue as they are for the next 3 years

Fire Smith at the end of this year, hope for a miracle
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Petermen gets the blame fully but the biggest change in the team you are going to get in the next 2 years is an assistant change.

Will it work? probably not... but its probably better than just letting things continue as they are for the next 3 years

This. I blame Petersen, but I will be thrilled if Smith is fired after this year (or now). The guy is a fucking doofus and was the QB coach at Boise. Get a guy from Baylor, Auburn, or another great offense and hand him the reigns.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fire Smith. Gilby is tanned, rested, and ready.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Houhusky said:

Peterman is our coach for as long as he wants unless totally dumpster fires into year 5.

He is everything Washington has been hoping for ... a Leave It To Beaver type guy who can win 7-8 games a year if given a weak OOC.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    topdawgnc said:

Houhusky said:

Peterman is our coach for as long as he wants unless totally dumpster fires into year 5.

He is everything Washington has been hoping for ... a Leave It To Beaver type guy who can win 7-8 games a year if given a weak OOC.
    Leave It To Beaver superiority guy, did for forget his foul mouth?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

This. I blame Petersen, but I will be thrilled if Smith is fired after this year (or now). The guy is a fucking doofus and was the QB coach at Boise. Get a guy from Baylor, Auburn, or another great offense and hand him the reigns.
    I don't know how anyone can justify hiring a quarterbacks coach from the MWC to be an offensive coordinator in the Pac-12. It was head-scratching back in December, and now it just looks fucking stupid. Petersen needs to fire some of these mid-major hacks and hire some real coaches in the offseason.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    With Riva out and Sankey not around to make them look better, the OL is being revealed for what it is and that's a bottom half Pac-12 unit. If Riva returns, maaaaybe they'll be average at best.

I still think Troy Williams is the best option out of the 3 who have played this year and will show what he can do if he gets another shot.

But what sucks is that the OL won't get better. Outside of RS-Frosh Coleman Shelton hopefully improving as he steps in for Riva, the other starters are RS-SRs and RS-JRs so they are what they are.

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

With Riva out and Sankey not around to make them look better, the OL is being revealed for what it is and that's a bottom half Pac-12 unit. If Riva returns, maaaaybe they'll be average at best.

I still think Troy Williams is the best option out of the 3 who have played this year and will show what he can do if he gets another shot.

But what sucks is that the OL won't get better. Outside of RS-Frosh Coleman Shelton hopefully improving as he steps in for Riva, the other starters are RS-SRs and RS-JRs so they are what they are.

The OL sucks but ASUs d-line was soft and they were mauling them up the middle. The run was there, we just didn't go to it.
  • Options

Houhusky said:

I don't know how anyone can justify hiring a quarterbacks coach from the MWC to be an offensive coordinator in the Pac-12. It was head-scratching back in December, and now it just looks fucking stupid. Petersen needs to fire some of these mid-major hacks and hire some real coaches in the offseason.
    Petersen is one of those mid-major hacks.

HTH
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Canard said:

Houhusky said:

HTH
    Chip Kelly, Mike Bellotti, and Bob Stoops all agree.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Canard said:

Houhusky said:

HTH
    I have all the screenshots I need when Peterman is inserting the plunger 2 or 3 seasons from now.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

It really was. I was of the opinion that Petersen must see something in Smith to promote him to OC. The fact is, he hired the QB coach of offenses that weren't even very good. And they play in the MWC. Simple logic says that hire sucked.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

Houhusky said:

HTH
    Chip Kelly, Mike Bellotti, and Bob Stoops all agree.
    Your cult leader no longer plays two game seasons. October and November games count now.
  • Options

Canard said:

Houhusky said:

HTH
    I have all the screenshots I need when Peterman is inserting the plunger 2 or 3 seasons from now.
    Your blind faith is quaint.