Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Scotty Cameron Putters

FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
any of you out here golfers and had a cameron before? got some credit to burn at a local proshop and have been thinking about a scotty for years. I have a taylormade ghost spider putter now, but have always wanted to own a scotty.

Anyone truly for or against?

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    It's more about the motion in the ocean than the quality of the tool or so I've heard ...
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

It's more about the motion in the ocean than the quality of the tool or so I've heard ...

From your boyfren or two dads?
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Why would I think I could ever get even 5% of a real response. I should ask ap for a few lashings for being naive.

Disagree
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

From your boyfren or two dads?
    Both

Why would I think I could ever get even 5% of a real response. I should ask ap for a few lashings for being naive.

Disagree

In all seriousness ...

I use an Odyssey that I've had for almost 20 years.

To me, using a putter is all about something that you have confidence in using because putting is all about good mechanics and confidence.

What I'd recommend if you can pull it off is to try a number of different putters on one of those really small holes that aren't much more than the size of a golf ball. Go through a few drills with the different putters and you'll eventually find one that feels like it is an extension of your shoulders and arms. That's your putter.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    The official #AskBoobs answer:

Buy it. It won't help your putting any, but you'll feel better.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Should I be surprised that a college football message board has a bunch of golf superiority guys?

Should I be surprised that a college football message board has a bunch of golf superiority guys?

What else are we supposed to do all the Spring and Summer Saturdays?
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    edited October 2014
    Tequilla said:

Disagree

In all seriousness ...

I use an Odyssey that I've had for almost 20 years.

To me, using a putter is all about something that you have confidence in using because putting is all about good mechanics and confidence.

What I'd recommend if you can pull it off is to try a number of different putters on one of those really small holes that aren't much more than the size of a golf ball. Go through a few drills with the different putters and you'll eventually find one that feels like it is an extension of your shoulders and arms hips. That's your putter.
    I've been using the same putter for 27 years and still cum short of the hole.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    edited October 2014
    Putting is about feel and touch. You either have or you don't. Or you attain it by practicing your ass off. Either way, it's not interesting.

The only reason one pro use a certain putter over another is endorsement $.

So by all means, waste your credit on a putter instead of a club that will really help your game (driver, rescue wood, wedge).

HTH

edited to add: I've had the same putter for 20+ years and I kick ass at putting even with no practice. I'm just a natural athlete.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Who is Scotty Cameron Putters? Does he post here? Never seen him.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools.

Keep the one ya got and use the credit for something else.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Tequilla said:

Disagree

What I'd recommend if you can pull it off is to try a number of different putters on one of those really small holes that aren't much more than the size of a golf ball.

Man has been trying to do this since the dawn of time.

It's called high school.

Broke my putter in half after reaching a par 5 in two and 5-putted. Haven't played since.

I blame the putter. And Bill Clinton

Vote down for not blaming obama. Bill clinton is soooooo 90's.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    If you can't see that only Phil Bleenor can answer this question, I can't help you.
    Swaye said:

If you can't see that only Phil Bleenor can answer this question, I can't help you.

Yes, but I wouldn't get any advice on a putter, I'd get to hear how he once played in a foursome with Cameron....
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    I'm a Titleist guy through and through so I had been using a Scotty since around age 14. In college I got my handicap down to a 6 and I felt my putter and not my putting was the difference. I went through two other Camerons not really giving anything else a chance and my scores stayed the same.

After that I just tried everything and what fit me the best was an Odessy White Steel putter with a Rossi head. I was really close to being a scratch player after that, but I started having kids and married a trust fund baby with a shitty work schedule and I never get to play anymore.

Scotty's have the best craftsmanship, but try EVERYTHING and see what picks you. If it's $20 then cool, if it's $350 just buck up and pay it.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    I generally steer clear of anyone named Scotty or Cameron.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Mosster47 said:

I'm a Titleist guy through and through so I had been using a Scotty since around age 14. In college I got my handicap down to a 6 and I felt my putter and not my putting was the difference. I went through two other Camerons not really giving anything else a chance and my scores stayed the same.

After that I just tried everything and what fit me the best was an Odessy White Steel putter with a Rossi head. I was really close to being a scratch player after that, but I started having kids and married a trust fund baby with a shitty work schedule and I never get to play anymore.

Scotty's have the best craftsmanship, but try EVERYTHING and see what picks you. If it's $20 then cool, if it's $350 just buck up and pay it.

Thanks for sharing.