Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

this sounds like something out of the old Soviet Union

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is there a causation between not having money and not living in a great hood?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is there a causation between not having money and not living in a great hood?

Just correlation, no causation. In fact, everyone in a bad neighborhood eats chicken. That might be the cause.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you say anything bad about this, it's going to be perceived as racist. Simple fact.

I might as well look into leaving the country while I am still young.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Sounds more Atlas Shrugged than USSR, kind of a hybrid that is sadly becoming our reality.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,250
    Founders Club

Sounds more Atlas Shrugged than USSR, kind of a hybrid that is sadly becoming our reality.

Ayn Rand based much of Atlas Shrugged on her experiences of living in Russia.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Listen to Ayn Rand superiority guy
  • Options
    Founders Club

Very true, but she also drew upon FDR's Amerika for inspiration. The system of government in the book is a hybrid.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,250
    Founders Club

Witness your father's pharmacy being raided by Secret Police and then pop off
  • Options
    Founders Club

Witness your father's pharmacy being raided by Secret Police and then pop off

Pharmaceutical herbs?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Very true, but she also drew upon FDR's Amerika for inspiration. The system of government in the book is a hybrid.
    Sounds like Ayn chose and instead of or and experienced abundance.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Ayn Rand collected Social Security.

And she liked the bare pickle in her 2 hole.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This is what I'm hearing...

CNSNews.com relies on individuals like you to help us report the news the liberal media distort and ignore. Please make a tax-deductible gift to CNSNews.com today. Your continued support will ensure that CNSNews.com is here reporting THE TRUTH, for a long time to come. It's fast, easy and secure. - See more at: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/huds-new-fair-housing-rule-establishes-diversity-data-every-neighborhood-us#sthash.o4ackZCw.dpuf
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TheGlove said:

Ayn Rand collected Social Security.

And she liked the bare pickle in her 2 hole.

Quite the abundant life.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know one thing for sure, focusing on stable families and education would be a dumb idea. No one has ever shown causation between those things and living in a decent place. I'm thinking the government can get this fixed through some bureaucratic programs. Maybe even make it super easy for some of these folks to get loans to buy homes....just a thought...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013
    Can someone please to be explaining to me who this John Galt is that people post about?
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

I know one thing for sure, focusing on stable families and education would be a dumb idea. No one has ever shown causation between those things and living in a decent place. I'm thinking the government can get this fixed through some bureaucratic programs. Maybe even make it super easy for some of these folks to get loans to buy homes....just a thought...

Could you elaborate on "focusing on stable famies"? I'd like to hear how exactly you'd like the government to intervene in people's personal lives by telling them what kind of family they can and can't have.

And while we're solving this whole crime problem. Black people are more likely to live in poverty. People in poverty are more likely to commit crime. Ergo people should focus on not being black.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Could you elaborate on "focusing on stable famies"? I'd like to hear how exactly you'd like the government to intervene in people's personal lives by telling them what kind of family they can and can't have.

And while we're solving this whole crime problem. Black people are more likely to live in poverty. People in poverty are more likely to commit crime. Ergo people should focus on not being black.
    I don't know, instead of banging bitches and having kids outside of marriage, maybe Jesse and AL could put down the bullhorn ranting about the blue eyed devil and pick it up encouraging people to take care of their shit. That's just a start....but there is no profit in it and is probably racist so it won't happen.

And it's not just a black issue. Whitey has the same problem, just to lesser degree as a percentage. But when I point that out I'm accused of classism.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

I don't know, instead of banging bitches and having kids outside of marriage, maybe Jesse and AL could put down the bullhorn ranting about the blue eyed devil and pick it up encouraging people to take care of their shit. That's just a start....but there is no profit in it and is probably racist so it won't happen.

And it's not just a black issue. Whitey has the same problem, just to lesser degree as a percentage. But when I point that out I'm accused of classism.
    So you're starting point is to tell other people that they should tell other people how to live their lives.

How many lives has alcohol ruined? Why don't you start championing an anti drinking campaign? I'll bet you drug addicts are more likely to have consumed alcohol than non drug addicts. I'll bet you criminals are more likely to have consumed alcohol than non criminals.

It's odd that this "problem" is what gets your panties in a bunch. Crime rates are the lowest they've been in decades. There are more single parents than ever and you are safer than you've been in a long time. So why this, why now? Why not booze? Or cigarettes? I bet people that smoke are more likely to live in poverty. And people that live in poverty are more likely to commit crimes. Lets focus on getting people to stop smoking. I bet people that but lottery tickets are more likely to live in poverty and people in poverty are more likely to commit crimes so let's focus on getting people to not buy lottery tickets.

You're argument is silly. I can box anything poor people or criminals do more than everyone else up and say less of that = profit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So you're starting point is to tell other people that they should tell other people how to live their lives.

How many lives has alcohol ruined? Why don't you start championing an anti drinking campaign? I'll bet you drug addicts are more likely to have consumed alcohol than non drug addicts. I'll bet you criminals are more likely to have consumed alcohol than non criminals.

It's odd that this "problem" is what gets your panties in a bunch. Crime rates are the lowest they've been in decades. There are more single parents than ever and you are safer than you've been in a long time. So why this, why now? Why not booze? Or cigarettes? I bet people that smoke are more likely to live in poverty. And people that live in poverty are more likely to commit crimes. Lets focus on getting people to stop smoking. I bet people that but lottery tickets are more likely to live in poverty and people in poverty are more likely to commit crimes so let's focus on getting people to not buy lottery tickets.

You're argument is silly. I can box anything poor people or criminals do more than everyone else up and say less of that = profit.
    Red herring much?
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Disagree. Stats show Mike is spot on. You can be poor with a solid family base, single parent or not, and get the support you need to make a better life. But, it's a hell of a lot harder if come from an broken family, single parent or not, that does not provide the support needed to change your life.