Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official laughing at the 12s thread..

Comments

• Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Just when you think things can't get any more ridiculous...

Wow. Who the hell would wear those? Oh yeah...
    Ugly sweater contest...WINNER!
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The twelves gimmick is so fucking embarrassing

Ill give women a pass. They can call themselves twelves all day. Theyre stupid and dont watch football anyways

But any grown man calling himself or his friends a twelve needs to die
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I don't call myself a Seahawks fan. I used to be, but I abandoned them through the Behring/Flores and the Dennis Erickson shitshow years. Now, I try to catch their games whenever I can and enjoy their style of play... of course, I like to see them win.

With that said, I fucking hate the whole "12s" bullshit. I hate how the local media talks about the 12s and sends out reporters to cover what the 12s are doing at their tailgates, at the airport, during away games, etc.

I don't think any posters here hate the Seahawks. We just hate the dipshits who decorate themselves, and their houses, pets, cars, etc. with 32 pieces of Seahawks flair.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don't think any posters here hate the Seahawks. We just hate the dipshits who decorate themselves, and their houses, pets, cars, etc. with 32 pieces of Seahawks flair.

I definitely hear you on that one. The worse thing about Sundays is going on my Facebook news feed and seeing all these bandwagon fans post about the Seahawks or uploading pics of them decked out in Seahawks gear. Bandwagon fans have to overcompensate their fandom because they actually know nothing about the team or football in general.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I definitely hear you on that one. The worse thing about Sundays is going on my Facebook news feed and seeing all these bandwagon fans post about the Seahawks or uploading pics of them decked out in Seahawks gear. Bandwagon fans have to overcompensate their fandom because they actually know nothing about the team or football in general.
    Bingo! They have to outdo each other. You have to show how much of a bigger fan you are than anyone else.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I used to go to a lot of Seahawks games in the Kingdome. 12 jerseys with "Fan" on the back were popular back then. My buddy wore one and I would always make fun of him for not having a real jersey. At least he was 10 and not a grown man wearing one like you would frequently see now.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I can't tell if posters on this thread hate the Seahawks, the Seahawk fans, or both. I'm a diehard Seahawk fan but I find the whole 12th man thing fucking stupid as well. Anyone I see wearing a 12th man "fan" jersey I assume is an idiot bandwagon fan who doesn't even know who Walter Jones or Matt Hasselbeck is.

Fans. Specifically over the top Bandwagoners who self identify as 12s. It makes me want the Seahawks to lose just so they can be miserable and eventually go away.

If they happen to know Hassleback I bet they don't know curt Warner.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I can't tell if posters on this thread hate the Seahawks, the Seahawk fans, or both. I'm a diehard Seahawk fan but I find the whole 12th man thing fucking stupid as well. Anyone I see wearing a 12th man "fan" jersey I assume is an idiot bandwagon fan who doesn't even know who Walter Jones or Matt Hasselbeck is.

Fans. Specifically over the top Bandwagoners who self identify as 12s. It makes me want the Seahawks to lose just so they can be miserable and eventually go away.

If they happen to know Hassleback I bet they don't know curt Warner.
    If they don't know what former Seahawk played at now defunct Milton College they can gft.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981

I don't call myself a Seahawks fan. I used to be, but I abandoned them through the Behring/Flores and the Dennis Erickson shitshow years. Now, I try to catch their games whenever I can and enjoy their style of play... of course, I like to see them win.

With that said, I fucking hate the whole "12s" bullshit. I hate how the local media talks about the 12s and sends out reporters to cover what the 12s are doing at their tailgates, at the airport, during away games, etc.

Eh. Kinda hate em.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

I can't tell if posters on this thread hate the Seahawks, the Seahawk fans, or both. I'm a diehard Seahawk fan but I find the whole 12th man thing fucking stupid as well. Anyone I see wearing a 12th man "fan" jersey I assume is an idiot bandwagon fan who doesn't even know who Walter Jones Steve Largent or Matt Hasselbeck Jim Zorn is.

FIFY
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2014
    The old "12th Man" from the Kingdome daze was fine. Now, people that get way into actually being a 12 are the problem. Being part of the 12th man is not the same as being a dopey, narcissistic 12.

I love how the 49ers are the hated rival now. Really? What were they in September of 2011? Did you hate Alex Smith then? I doubt it. I'll admit Harbaugh is really annoying but he will be in Ann Arbor soon. The rivals were the Raiders and Broncos. I still don't like them.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    The 30th anniversary of retiring #12 is coming up this week. We lost the game, costing us the division title, but that also meant we got to host the WC the next week, and the 1984 Wild Card game against the Raiders was and still is the loudest sporting event I have ever attended.

I actually do not have a problem with the 12s. Maybe it is because I am not on facebook. I just say let them have their fun. I spent too many of my youthful baseball fan days reading box scores, and paying less attention to hits and runs, and more attention to the attendance, and the average attendance figure needed to meet to avoid Argyros triggering the escape clause. If having annoying bandwagon fans is the cost of having the team I have rooted for since I was a kid being World Champions, then I will take it.

Cheering for Super Bowl Champion and dealing with annoying bandwagonners >>>

Cheering for a baseball team that had no other fans and was a constant threat to move

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Not cheering for a basketball team because they are in Oklahoma.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    What's worse than 12s? Husky 12s... UW has been posting this shit on Facebook. Goddamnit, this shit needs to stop.

• Options
    Founders Club