Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seattle Times - The Pick is The Greatest College Play EVAR

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
Oregon calls it the biggest play in its football history. I’ll go one better and suggest it’s the biggest play in Pac-12/10/8 history and in the discussion for the biggest ever in college football.
http://seattletimes.com/html/budwithers/2024790374_withers16xml.html

Also too, victory and ruins

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The pick started your football history. Damon Huard is the father of Duck football.

Considering that the Ducks are still waiting to win their first natty (ILTCIN) in football, yeah I guess it's the biggest event in your history.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

The pick started your football history. Damon Huard is the baby daddy of Duck football.

Considering that the Ducks are still waiting to win their first natty (ILTCIN) in football, yeah I guess it's the biggest event in your history.

• Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Somebody didn't watch last year's iron bowl.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,831
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    TMacDawg said:

RACE HAS DONE IT AGAIN !!!1!!1!!11
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

LOL at Withers trolling Husky fans with his "Greatest Play in Pac-8/10/12 history" hyperbole.

The Huskies were stuck on probation that year and finished .500 in the conference. And those Ducks (9-4, No. 11 final ranking) are certainly among the bottom third of Pac-12 champions over the past 20 years.

Phil Knight's sponsorship didn't sink Washington football. That distinction goes to Hedges, Gilbertson, Turner and Willingham ... all followed by a sloppy used-car cell phone accessories salesman destined for a career of mediocrity.

Bud's column today would've made no less sense if he'd have touted Al Burleson's 93-yard TD pick of an ill-advised WSU pass in the 1975 Apple Cup as the greatest play in conference history. After all, Don James and the Huskies went on to win the Rose Bowl two seasons later and developed into arguably the Pac's best program for a large part of the ensuing two decades.

Burleson's interception wasn't the best play in Conference history — and neither was Wheaton's.

Not even close.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    I've been watching Washington football a long time, but for my money there hasn't been one better than Justin Robbins in the back of the endzone from Tui. That shit was insane.

The thing is, the pick is an awesome play for them. Let them have it. It really says something nice about us, anyway.

The thing is: FUCK THEM.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    was that Cal / Stanford game with "The Play" on the Pac12 Network back in the day? Musta been because obviously Withers didn't see it.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,969
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The pick is a great play for Oregon not the entire league. BudWithersFS
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've been watching Washington football a long time, but for my money there hasn't been one better than Justin Robbins in the back of the endzone from Tui. That shit was insane.

The thing is, the pick is an awesome play for them. Let them have it. It really says something nice about us, anyway.

The thing is: FUCK THEM.

I was at that game...no words man...no words...
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Band on the Field >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Pick
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited October 2014
    Someone should introduce Bud Withers to lighter fluid, gasoline, the Aurora Bridge, and a match ...

That's the stupidest fluffing of the Ducks I've heard all week ... and the fluffing has been in abundance.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Backward pass against the Dynasty.
  • Options
    NEnglanddawgNEnglanddawg Member Posts: 27
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Oregon is legit at least that is what my people are telling me