Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

game predictions?

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Our offense is fucking terrible and if we can't stay on the field (which we can't), our defense is going to tire and end up bleeding out the anus. It could get really ugly.

I think 45-6 is likely. Our offense is terrible and Miley is a tard. If they blitz at all, we're done.

Still, you never know. If we played this game a hundred times, I think we win at least 1 or 2 of them.

Fortunately for UW, Don Pellum gave up blitzing and pork when he embraced the Nation of Islam
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited October 2014

Our offense is fucking terrible and if we can't stay on the field (which we can't), our defense is going to tire and end up bleeding out the anus. It could get really ugly.

I think 45-6 is likely. Miley is a tard and if they blitz at all, we're done. I wonder if they'll be able to figure out Cyler's only reaction to blitzes is panic... hmmmm.

Still, you never know. If we played this game a hundred times, I think we win at least 1 or 2 of them.

Not a big miles fan, but your irrational hate towards him is amusing
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Fortunately for UW, Don Pellum gave up blitzing and pork when he embraced the Nation of Islam

So, it's now Don PellumISIS(L)?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think 45-6 is likely. Miley is a tard and if they blitz at all, we're done. I wonder if they'll be able to figure out Cyler's only reaction to blitzes is panic... hmmmm.

I thought your posts in the game threads were a shtick. They struggle with WSU and lose to Arizona, but will plunger UW 45-6? Miles may not be great, but you have gone full fucktard with your analysis on his ability. 66%, 9 TD's, 0 INT's.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

This is probably the whiskey talking, but UW 38 - Oregon 34...

Fuck off!

Whiskey will make you believe anything is possible.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think 45-6 is likely. Our offense is terrible and Miley is a tard. If they blitz at all, we're done.

We know our ducks better than that. Ducks by 6 or 7 points. It would have been by 14, but a 55 yard touchdown pass on 3rd down and 10 is called back after unnecessary endzone celebration, and ducks are forced to punt away 7 points. Also a field goal is missed after the ducks are penalized for punching one of your players when they're in field goal range.
    Look, anything can happen, but when you have a QB that is a human brainlock (which we do) and an OC that doesn't use his strengths and an OL that is inconsistent (check and check), you're going to have a lot of 3 and outs against a defense that has any semblance of semblance.

Our D is good, but it's not filled with studs. It's got 4 studs, a couple prodigious children and a bunch of guys who are mediocre.

So much of this depends on the way the game goes, which is why I hate picking games because it's hard to tell what will happen... but if things play out as is likely, we won't be able to move the ball except for one or two big plays and our D will tire out. Shelton will have a few nice plays and so will Kikaha, but Timu is going to get mentally owned and Feeney's going to go for kill shots and miss Tyner/Mariota and it'll turn 8 yard runs into 38 yard runs.

Having said all that, I acknowledge that we could improve, but it would be improvement. Based on what we've seen so far, we're going to get destroyed.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Fuck off!

Oh yeah... You know it....
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll step up to the plate. All this weird throwback shit about the start of college football + Helfy + Peterman + fully torqued sweatpants doogin' = improbable UW victory.

Say...27 - 24 UW
  • Options

We know our ducks better than that. Ducks by 6 or 7 points. It would have been by 14, but a 55 yard touchdown pass on 3rd down and 10 is called back after unnecessary endzone celebration, and ducks are forced to punt away 7 points. Also a field goal is missed after the ducks are penalized for punching one of your players when they're in field goal range.
    Look, anything can happen, but when you have a QB that is a human brainlock (which we do) and an OC that doesn't use his strengths and an OL that is inconsistent (check and check), you're going to have a lot of 3 and outs against a defense that has any semblance of semblance.

Our D is good, but it's not filled with studs. It's got 4 studs, a couple prodigious children and a bunch of guys who are mediocre.

So much of this depends on the way the game goes, which is why I hate picking games because it's hard to tell what will happen... but if things play out as is likely, we won't be able to move the ball except for one or two big plays and our D will tire out. Shelton will have a few nice plays and so will Kikaha, but Timu is going to get mentally owned and Feeney's going to go for kill shots and miss TynerRoyce Freeman/Mariota and it'll turn 8 yard runs into 38 yard runs.

Having said all that, I acknowledge that we could improve, but it would be improvement. Based on what we've seen so far, we're going to get destroyed.
    Spruced.
  • Options
    I support all doogin in this thread
  • Options
    I love Royce Freeman's nickname. "Business."
  • Options
    It has played out. Helfrich is not the guy. He's Bellotti with male-pattern baldness. But UW winning this Saturday would be an upset of fantastic proportions
  • Options

AZDuck said:

I support all doogin in this thread

Toss off Duck! I'm off to bed.
    footin waynka
  • Options

I thought your posts in the game threads were a shtick. They struggle with WSU and lose to Arizona, but will plunger UW 45-6? Miles may not be great, but you have gone full fucktard with your analysis on his ability. 66%, 9 TD's, 0 INT's.
    Look, I don't want him to die, but go back and watch the tape (YEAH!) and see how he does against the blitz. He bails immediately out of the back of the pocket, even when there's an opportunity to step up.

If you look at good young QBs, they make things happen against the blitz sort of randomly (kind of like Shaq does), Miley is awful against blitzes because he just immediately bails.

If you go back and watch the tape and can point me to something different I'll be happy to change my mind, but that's what I see. Stanford blitzed all the time and he just started to brainlock, but it has been a theme in every game.

That said, I think if they modify the offense to highlight his running ability and get him to think a little less, he could be good enough to win.

I wanted to like him, but I fear his over-thinking.
  • Options

Look, I don't want him to die, but go back and watch the tape (YEAH!) and see how he does against the blitz. He bails immediately out of the back of the pocket, even when there's an opportunity to step up.

If you look at good young QBs, they make things happen against the blitz sort of randomly (kind of like Shaq does), Miley is awful against blitzes because he just immediately bails.

If you go back and watch the tape and can point me to something different I'll be happy to change my mind, but that's what I see. Stanford blitzed all the time and he just started to brainlock, but it has been a theme in every game.

That said, I think if they modify the offense to highlight his running ability and get him to think a little less, he could be good enough to win.

I wanted to like him, but I fear his over-thinking.
    Tequilla approves of your long poasts.
  • Options
    @RoadDawg55‌ - also, just look at where those completions are. They are basically sideways and in the first 10 yards. His YPA is like 7, which is not great at all.

I'll give you that he throws the ball away instead of throwing INTs... I have no argument with that and that is good. Against Pac-12 teams he's made a total of 5 throws I would consider good out of about 40.

Also, stats are for losers man.

I think people just fell in love with him here because of his anti-Doog appeal. I'm not a fucking doog, but he's not good. If, for whatever reason, he clicks mentally (stranger things have happened; and actually, it's expected that would be a part of his game to improve) he could be pretty good I'm sure.

However, I stand strong in my anti-Cyrus stance.
  • Options
    Again, blitzing is frowned upon in the Koran, along with proscuitto and Old English.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

Fuck off!

Except for an erection.