Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

game predictions?

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited October 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
The only way I see UW winning this game is sort of like how Stanford beat Oregon a few years ago.
Try and play ball control with solid defense, and hope you get lucky (like Stanford did with that ertz TD and a couple missed FG's by Oregon). They won that game 17-14 in OT I believe.
I do think the husky defense will keep it close for most of the game, but in the end it is really tough to pick against Mariotta
Oregon 30-21

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    UW keeps it close until midway through the 4th, but the combination of Mariota and Autzen refs (Hi Sven!) proves to be too much.

UO 34, UW 20
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I predict by the end of the game we will be bleeding out the asshole, and not from debola
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I think your offense really blows

Oregon - 44
    Warshington - 13
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    UW needs to put the wheels on Miles. Hundley showed how bad Oregon is at tackling. If UCLA had stuck with the run last week, that game would have been different. UW needs to run short passes, to allow guys like Ross and Jaydon to break tackles and get huge amounts of YAC. If read one or two isn't there Miles just needs to take off. It usually doesn't work, but against Oregon it will.

Run the football consistently, Oregon will make your B- backs look more like B+ backs. This will be due to poor tackling and poor gap responsibility, in large part because PellumFS still allows Malone to play over Joe Walker.

Defensively UW just needs to do what they've been doing physically. However, Fisher coming back does greatly shore up the Oregon offensive line. The biggest problem facing UW defensively is their lack of discipline. Their aggressive nature sometimes creates blown assignments and against Oregon, it will cost you every time.

UW keeps it close, but Oregon generates enough big plays to win.

Oregon 35
    UW 30
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    UW 21 - Oregon 0
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon wins rather easily. Say 34-17?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,839
    Founders Club
    The first six inches will be consensual. The next 15 are anybody's guess.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Marriotta will be too much for the defense. Kikaha and Shelton will get their kicks in but Mariotta will pick apart the secondary.

34-24 Oregon
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nil nil draw IMO
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,215
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Nil nil draw IMO

are the Huskies some sort of traveling troupe?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Nil nil draw IMO

are the Huskies some sort of traveling troupe?
    Draw is English for tie

HTH
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2014
    dhdawg said:

The only way I see UW winning this game is sort of like how Stanford beat Oregon a few years ago.
    Try and play ball control with solid defense, and hope you get lucky (like Stanford did with that ertz TD and a couple missed FG's by Oregon). They won that game 17-14 in OT I believe.
    I do think the husky defense will keep it close for most of the game, but in the end it is really tough to pick against Mariotta
    Oregon 30-21

Oh yeah I remember that fake touchdown that really wasn't a touchdown. In other words, you're saying the only way you'll beat Oregon is if the refs screw Oregon over. That's probably your best strategy. With HelfrichFS at the helm and the lack of discipline, it wouldn't really be surprising if Oregon danced and bowed what should have been a victory away because the faggot refs don't like any semblance of celebration or having a bit of fun after a big play.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

Oregon 30-21

Oh yeah I remember that fake touchdown that really wasn't a touchdown. In other words, you're saying the only way you'll beat Oregon is if the refs screw Oregon over. That's probably your best strategy.
    Bob Stoops and I are laughing at you not with you
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Oregon 30-21

Oh yeah I remember that fake touchdown that really wasn't a touchdown. In other words, you're saying the only way you'll beat Oregon is if the refs screw Oregon over. That's probably your best strategy.
    Full court pressing
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,839
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

Oregon 30-21

Bob Stoops and I are laughing at you not with you
    Chris Peterman and I are laughing at Bob Stoops. All tres of us are laughing at obkFS.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Our offense is horrendous. Seems like whichever year I think we won't get blown out, we do anyways.

I think it will be more of the same, until I see otherwise. Yeah Oregon is struggling, but I don't think it will matter. They still have the horses to blow us away.

That said, I hope our guys have their best game of the year so far and figure out a way to win it.
  • Options

Our offense is horrendous. Seems like whichever year I think we won't get blown out, we do anyways.

I think it will be more of the same, until I see otherwise. Yeah Oregon is struggling, but I don't think it will matter. They still have the horses to blow us away.

That said, I hope our guys have their best game of the year so far and figure out a way to win it.

What year have you not predicted a blowout? This is really the first time in a while I think we'll keep it close, and that has more to do with Oregon than UW
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2014
    Oregon 24 - UW Defense 8 (1 safety & 1 TD), UW Offense 4 (1 FG & 1 PA)

I still don't think our O can play against an average to above Pas 1C D.

Our D is baller, but its still Oregon.