Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What hell does he put on his resume? Court jester? Professional clown? Village idiot?
  • Options
    Founders Club

What hell does he put on his resume? Court jester? Professional clown? Village idiot?

Try "guttless, puckerbutt, COWARD".
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I heart "line of schrimmage" - why haven't we adopted this on our "bored". ("Lol")
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I heart "line of schrimmage" - why haven't we adopted this on our "bored". ("Lol")

I don't think the author ever claimed to be a journalist.
  • Options
    LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    Other than poor literary skills by the author, a good read.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    that was premium content
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All of us Devil fans were cheering the Wildcat call last night when it happened. Its in the game thread. It was total Sarking. Just fucked up the drive on a random call he thought would make himself look smart
  • Options
    MadHuskyMadHusky Member Posts: 376
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Can we clean up the spelling and grammar and get this posted on the front page?
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

Why limit yourself to just one?

Abundance!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    H_D said:

Why limit yourself to just one?

Abundance!
    I wasn't limiting anything. I was quoting the article, which was written by someone who was obviously not an English major. Here, let me clean it up a bit:

Gutless, puckerbutt coward...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The article was funny, but it was also pressing. He's a shitty football coach. Sark's ability to weasel his way into two coaching jobs isn't really something to talk shit about. If there is one thing to praise Sark for, it is his hustle and ability to sell himself. It's worked out well for him. It's amazing that two of the premier football programs on the West Coast were dumb enough to hire him, but he's made millions of dollars. Sark, the dumbass that article was written about, is incredibly wealthy.

Regarding the Raiders job, Sark probably had an agent and Carroll tell him it wasn't a good move to take it. I don't think Sark was/is scared. It's a big assumption to say that is why he didn't take it. In Sark's mind, he's a great coach and the problems at Washington and now USC aren't his fault. At UW, he had 0-12 to deal with, it was tough getting talent in there, he never had his ideal QB, etc. At USC, it will be sanctions and Wilcox that get blamed before he gets fired. Maybe deep down he knows he's a fraud and has no business being a head coach, but I don't really get that from him. CollegeDoog should diagnose him and let me know.

I agree with the end of the article. USC will get plungered next week at Arizona. It will get ugly at USC. We have known this all along. Sark is a QB coach that has no business being a head coach. That's not really rare. Guys like that get jobs every year. The only difference is that he is easy to make fun of because he says really stupid shit and he instructs assistant strength coaches yell at the back ups and walk ons to yell and dance. He's a clown.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Perfect description of the thought process leading to the wildcat call. Those types of calls represent the majority if his approach. So etimes it works and he looks and feels smart. Sometimes it doesn't and he looks dumb but still feels smart.

Every so often he gets on a roll or realizes he has something and runs with it...see second half first possession against the fighting Illinois last year. Usually he just plays pin the tail on the play sheet though.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    edited October 2014
    i didn't think the article pressed at all... seemed quite insightful. sort of like Isaacson's bio on Einstein.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Amerika is a beautiful place.

I bet this fucker would make one hell of a Mercedes salesman ... and I don't mean that in a negative way.