Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Please deposit all hilarious usc message board posts here

Comments

• UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475

3 minutes left, 2 possession lead, with the ball, opponent has 0 timeouts and fails two on-sides kick attempts & STILL comes out with the W... I was surprised. I thought it was mathematically impossible.

I'm surprised you were surprised. Sark is a magician in situations like this.
    I just thought for whatever reason ASU wouldn't execute.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Time to fire up the USC Troojan bored Derek....

Open them gates wide for our fellow Sarkisian sufferers....

Truthfully, I just want to be right for Thanksgiving and Christmas with my brother in law (USC starting fullback during the PC and Reggie Bush glory years, played 6 years in the show and thinks Sark is great because he turned John David Booty into something competent). The Troojan bored would have all the screen shots I'll ever need....

3 minutes left, 2 possession lead, with the ball, opponent has 0 timeouts, opponent fails two on-sides kick attempts & STILL comes out with the W... I was surprised. I thought it was mathematically impossible.

ASU had to let them score. That was the only way.
    There are many times when it is acceptable, even encouraged, to let someone else score, like playing basketball with your younger brother or sister. Letting your opponent score in the NCAA almost never happens. If anything, losing teams complain about their opponents running up the score during a game that had already been decided. The argument for the winners in that scenario: stop us, if you can. It’s hard to prevent another team from scoring, but almost no one ever simply allows the other team to score.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,472 Swaye's Wigwam

3 minutes left, 2 possession lead, with the ball, opponent has 0 timeouts, opponent fails two on-sides kick attempts & STILL comes out with the W... I was surprised. I thought it was mathematically impossible.

There are many times when it is acceptable, even encouraged, to let someone else score, like playing basketball with your younger brother or sister. Letting your opponent score in the NCAA almost never happens. If anything, losing teams complain about their opponents running up the score during a game that had already been decided. The argument for the winners in that scenario: stop us, if you can. It’s hard to prevent another team from scoring, but almost no one ever simply allows the other team to score.
    If Buck Allen falls down after getting the first down, USC wins.
    YRYK

WJW

If Buck Allen falls down after getting the first down, USC wins.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,696 Founders Club
    "Agree, I think what's most baffling is all the amateurish mistakes Sark is making. Didn't he learn much during his tenure at UW?"

The answer is NO.

A lot of rude awakenings happening over there in Troojland.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,696 Founders Club
    This guy is dialed in and already a THB. I see Dabone already contributed to the thread. I like how the first guy to reply chimes in that he doesn't think Sark is a liar.

Link
  • DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    That USC bored is hilarious. How do you 'keep player names and numbers out of it'?? Players make plays. Or don't. If people want to boo Hayes Pullard for treating a Hail Mary with the game on the line like it was a lazy pop up, they should boo his ass until they physically cannot continue.
    Don't be surprised to see more lackadaisical play. That rot is from the top down.

Trojan Half Brains, Sark is about to ruin your program, and the 'recroots read this bored' crowd will shield, excuse, and enable him all the way to the Las Vegas Bowl. I'd love to pretend that something could be done about it, but you guys are extra fucked.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    MisterEm said:

Time to fire up the USC Troojan bored Derek....

Open them gates wide for our fellow Sarkisian sufferers....

Truthfully, I just want to be right for Thanksgiving and Christmas with my brother in law (USC starting fullback during the PC and Reggie Bush glory years, played 6 years in the show and thinks Sark is great because he turned John David Booty into something competent). The Troojan bored would have all the screen shots I'll ever need....

Lemme guess, His brother played for UW.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

It happened in a Super Bowl in the '90's. Denver v Green Bay. Obviously it didn't work out too well for GB.
  • KoolAidManKoolAidMan Member Posts: 319

[Everyone relax!] 5 reasons Sarkisian will right this ship
    Fellow alumni, fans, and supporters of Trojan football...losses like tonight in the first year of a new coach are an extremely painful, but arguably necessary evil as he tries to establish his culture and get the boys to buy into the system. Nick Saban lost to Louisiana-Monroe in Year 1 -- would you have fired him then? Of course not.

1. Justin Wilcox -- He is the best DC in the Pac-12. Enough said on that. He turned UW from the 110th defense to 20th in just 1 year. Do you really think he suddenly forgot how to coach? He now has many years under his belt and will do everything possible to help our guys win games.

2. Offensive Line- They average a weight of 332 lbs across the line. They are young but have shown glimpses at how potentially they'll be ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Tuerk, Mama, Banner, Lobendahn, Wheeler Ossai etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Sarkisian- New high-tempo offensive scheme and new attitude. Every player has spoken about the difference between Sark and Coach O. We will see a much improved offense as we progress.

4. Depth, Depth, Depth- This is the shallowest USC team in a long time. The newbies will be inexperienced but will eventually bring something we haven't had in the past seasons, experience and depth with Sark's great recruiting.

5. Time of possession- I think USC can dominate the time of possession stat as we continue to buy in to Sark's offense. The more we can shorten the game and keep our defense off the field, the better chance we have to win the conference moving forward.

I think we turn this adrift ship rather easily, say in three years tops?

Someone should poast this on the SC bored as real and see what their genuine reaction is.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,108

[Everyone relax!] 5 reasons Sarkisian will right this ship
    Fellow alumni, fans, and supporters of Trojan football...losses like tonight in the first year of a new coach are an extremely painful, but arguably necessary evil as he tries to establish his culture and get the boys to buy into the system. Nick Saban lost to Louisiana-Monroe in Year 1 -- would you have fired him then? Of course not.

1. Justin Wilcox -- He is the best DC in the Pac-12. Enough said on that. He turned UW from the 110th defense to 20th in just 1 year. Do you really think he suddenly forgot how to coach? He now has many years under his belt and will do everything possible to help our guys win games.

2. Offensive Line- They average a weight of 332 lbs across the line. They are young but have shown glimpses at how potentially they'll be ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Tuerk, Mama, Banner, Lobendahn, Wheeler Ossai etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Sarkisian- New high-tempo offensive scheme and new attitude. Every player has spoken about the difference between Sark and Coach O. We will see a much improved offense as we progress.

4. Depth, Depth, Depth- This is the shallowest USC team in a long time. The newbies will be inexperienced but will eventually bring something we haven't had in the past seasons, experience and depth with Sark's great recruiting.

5. Time of possession- I think USC can dominate the time of possession stat as we continue to buy in to Sark's offense. The more we can shorten the game and keep our defense off the field, the better chance we have to win the conference moving forward.

I think we turn this adrift ship rather easily, say in three years tops?

Someone should poast this on the SC bored as real and see what their genuine reaction is.
    Where do you think I got it from?