Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OKG Gunslinger signed and delivered.

124»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,704
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

chuck said:

I did some TBSing (watched the film linked in this thread). This guy can really throw it. It will be good to have two guys with top notch arms competing (Williams and Browning) for the job. I hope one takes it next year. It's a lot easier to win with a QB that can sling the ball all over the place, all else being equal. That doesn't mean it will happen though.

Roaddawg is getting abused a bit on this topic but he's mostly right. No fucking way on earth this guy comes in and wins the job as a freshman. Gunslingers at one level fall on their face at a high rate when they move to the next level. They're especially prone to flopping when they get pressed into service too early. Few of those DBs he's throwing on in those highlights are going to play college football and he doesn't have 250 lb defensive ends with 4.6 speed bearing down on him while he's doing it. There's no way to know if he's going to make the transition until he does it. Expecting it to happen one year removed from abusing a bunch of 5'10 high school kids is a big reach. We have 4 highly rated QBs on the roster right now and so far only one of them, possibly the least talented of the group, has come close.

If someone takes the job from Miles next year it will be Williams. We've seen what Lindquist can do. He's destined for a move to H back. Williams reportedly throws the ball better than Miles and looks just about as mobile. I get the idea that he's close but not quite there in terms of all the other shit required of a QB aside from just throwing the ball.

NOGAF about your analysis of this recruit or your TBS habit.

HTH
    That kinda goes without saying here. I didn't ask for anyone's approval though.
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AEB said:

Mylie is the right QB for this team as currently constructed. Avg OL at best results in QB pressure. Mobility is key...Miley has it in spades.

UWs WRs are avg to below avg right now. Mickens is fine. Kasen has clearly regressed (see other threads). Ross is a stud. TEs have showed little so far. Having a huge arm right now won't be maximized. See Miley.

We need a game manager who doesn't turn it over. That's Miley.

Next year, I think WR will be improved, but the OL will be in transition still...15 yrs later

Always about the spades
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2014

AEB said:

Mylie is the right QB for this team as currently constructed. Avg OL at best results in QB pressure. Mobility is key...Miley has it in spades.

UWs WRs are avg to below avg right now. Mickens is fine. Kasen has clearly regressed (see other threads). Ross is a stud. TEs have showed little so far. Having a huge arm right now won't be maximized. See Miley.

Next year, I think WR will be improved, but the OL will be in transition still...15 yrs later

Always about the spades
    Good to see that DJ hasn't taken away Monroe's stinger, unlike Petersen and his church team.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,169
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

AEB said:

Always about the spades
    Good to see that DJ hasn't taken away Monroe's stinger, unless Petersen and his church team.
    Huh?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can we not use the term gunslinger? Guns kill people, and I'm against killing people.

How about good thrower guy? That's much more classy.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Does that mean we can refer to Miley as "not good thrower guy"?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,089
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Can we not use the term gunslinger? Guns kill people, and I'm against killing people.

How about good thrower guy? That's much more classy.

We need another Firepower Friday in the worst way.