Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OKG Gunslinger signed and delivered.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Good to see Jake "red flags" Browning is going to be up here in January so he can take over next year.

I hope you're not kidding. This kid looks like an absolute playa. Those stats? Player of the year in CA?

Get ready Miley.
    I can't recall many true freshman QB's that have played well. Learning the playbook, being a leader, and playing against Pac 12 athletes for the first time is a huge task. I know he is enrolling early, but it takes time. QB is not the same as playing CB or WR. I doubt he wins the #2 job, let alone beats out Miles.
    I agree that not many frosh qb's kill it, but anyone thinking that he can't beat out miles is smoking some good pot. Miles has zero arm, and thus far this year has either been extremely rusty or shown a great lack of progress. Miles will have all this year to prove it's his job, but I surely haven't seen anything which makes me think he's a locked in 3 year starter. Troy and jake, and even lindy will have a say in this before its' all said and done.
    I'm higher on Miles than you are. Browning isn't beating him out as a true freshman. Miles has a weak arm, but I don't think that is the real problem. His arm strength can be worked around. When his mechanics are good, he throws a decent ball. Blitz recognition was the most concerning on Saturday. Hopefully that can be protected better and coached up. We will see. I know stats can be deceiving, but Miles has decent stats and has taken care of the ball so far. There is stuff to be concerned about and he certainly isn't a world beater, but I'm not writing him off until he gets a couple Pac 12 games under his belt.

I don't think Miles is locked in. He needs to get better, but I highly doubt a true freshman will come in and beating out Miles, Williams, Lindquist, and Carta Samuels. That's a tall task. Maybe Williams or Lindquist is gone by then, but it's still asking a lot. Is Browning even physically ready to handle it? He is listed at 6'2" 185. That's pretty small. Miles as a 4th year junior can probably manage a game much better than an 18 year old kid, not to mention he will actually have experience playing against Pac 12 opponents and not high school teams in San Diego.

If Browning is a true stud, he will probably redshirt a year to get bigger, learn the playbook, and develop as a leader before taking the reigns in 2016.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The real takeaway is thanks SarkFS, qb genius!
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 710
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Good to see Jake "red flags" Browning is going to be up here in January so he can take over next year.

I hope you're not kidding. This kid looks like an absolute playa. Those stats? Player of the year in CA?

Get ready Miley.
    WAAAAOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHH
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662

This board is starting to become dawgman lite at times. Some QB that none of you have ever seen play is going to start because he has a high ranking and throws for a lot of yards in high school.

#JustFuckingMean
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This board is starting to become dawgman lite at times. Some QB that none of you have ever seen play is going to start because he has a high ranking and throws for a lot of yards in high school.

Word. Cara-Samuels was a 4-star too. It's not like we have a bunch of Derrick Browns waiting in the wings. For all we know, Troy is a gamer, Lindquist looks comfortable running an option style attack, and this kid sucks priest dick.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

Word. Cara-Samuels was a 4-star too. It's not like we have a bunch of Derrick Browns waiting in the wings. For all we know, Troy is a gamer, Lindquist looks comfortable running an option style attack, and this kid sucks priest dick.
    Too soon.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,169
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Passion said:

Get ready Miley.
    I can't recall many true freshman QB's that have played well. Learning the playbook, being a leader, and playing against Pac 12 athletes for the first time is a huge task. I know he is enrolling early, but it takes time. QB is not the same as playing CB or WR. I doubt he wins the #2 job, let alone beats out Miles.
    I agree that not many frosh qb's kill it, but anyone thinking that he can't beat out miles is smoking some good pot. Miles has zero arm, and thus far this year has either been extremely rusty or shown a great lack of progress. Miles will have all this year to prove it's his job, but I surely haven't seen anything which makes me think he's a locked in 3 year starter. Troy and jake, and even lindy will have a say in this before its' all said and done.
    I'm higher on Miles than you are. Browning isn't beating him out as a true freshman. Miles has a weak arm, but I don't think that is the real problem. His arm strength can be worked around. When his mechanics are good, he throws a decent ball. Blitz recognition was the most concerning on Saturday. Hopefully that can be protected better and coached up. We will see. I know stats can be deceiving, but Miles has decent stats and has taken care of the ball so far. There is stuff to be concerned about and he certainly isn't a world beater, but I'm not writing him off until he gets a couple Pac 12 games under his belt.

I don't think Miles is locked in. He needs to get better, but I highly doubt a true freshman will come in and beating out Miles, Williams, Lindquist, and Carta Samuels. That's a tall task. Maybe Williams or Lindquist is gone by then, but it's still asking a lot. Is Browning even physically ready to handle it? He is listed at 6'2" 185. That's pretty small. Miles as a 4th year junior can probably manage a game much better than an 18 year old kid, not to mention he will actually have experience playing against Pac 12 opponents and not high school teams in San Diego.

If Browning is a true stud, he will probably redshirt a year to get bigger, learn the playbook, and develop as a leader before taking the reigns in 2016.
    So you saying he's a natural athlete who just needs to spend more time in the film room?
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Nobody saying he's startin'. But with those numbers and Petermen's eye for gunslinging talent, the kid will push the others.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    sounds like 2016 will be special. Right on Woody's 15 year rebuilding timeline.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,965
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Looks like Bieber. Nice church school grab by Petersen as always.

Wait, where was his signing party with scout providing the live feed? Oh wait, the kid at a young age is already showing his maturity. Give the damn ball and get out of my way. I'll let my play show for it.
    Don't forget the fake picking one school, and putting three or four hats out on a card table in the gym.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogs always love recruits over the players on the team. The longer a player is on the team, the more he is hated.

HHB Iron Law, bitches.

Intern emeritus
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,549
    Founders Club
    I just love that Petersen is moving the needle.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

You're right. But you could make the argument that you're defending Miles because you hyped him up so much in the off season. I don't think that's better.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

You're right. But you could make the argument that you're defending Miles because you hyped him up so much in the off season. I don't think that's better.
    RoadDawg should stop sucking Miles' dick.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I still hate the Seattle Times' shitty business model that forces me to sign on with my incognito browser to read their shitty articles you assholes continually link to.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    topdawgnc said:

I still hate the Seattle Times' shitty business model that forces me to sign on with my incognito browser to read their shitty articles you assholes continually link to.

You actually READ those?
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm hearing he doesn't like to compete.

I'm hearing that too. I don't think us true Doog fans want a QB that would rather focus on getting better with his team rather than increasing his national exposure and recruiting ranking by competing at Nike sponsored under aged boy group-gropes recruiting events.

I'm also hearing that he has a fatigued arm from too much throwing. Doesn't sound OKG to me.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221

what goes on in kim's brain when he is proven retarded time and time again?

my guess is wine-rationalization.

"i may be fucking stupid, but damn being drunk feels good!"

He doesn't even know he's a fuckin' idiot. That's the thing about stupid fuckers - they're too stupid to know they're FS.