Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kasen Williams not an OKG?

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    You guys are really reading too much into this. I suggest reading the article. He didn't say anything that bad. Pretty much a non story. The article was about needing to get more out of the passing game, which does need to happen.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Jude said in his blog this morning that he didn't think Williams was complaining, just telling it like it is

Thanks for reading.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    He's obviously worried about his stats and is blaming Peterman for not throwing the ball more his way.

Newsflash Kasen, Sark is GONE and he ain't coming back... but if you really are worth a shit, maybe you can sign a FA deal with the Seahawks and take Kearse's spot on the roster
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I wasn't being critical of Kasen from the standpoint of the quote because without reading the story I'm assuming that there was some amount of it being taken out of context. I also saw Jood was making a big point this morning to point out that the offense with over 400 yards per game was last in the conference. Not super concerned about that either.

This isn't going to be the most dynamic of passing offenses, but it doesn't need to be. What it needs to be is able to cause enough pain to the opposition when they are trying to stack the box against the run. This offense will be one that is trying to put itself in favorable down/distance situations. It will do well in 2nd and 6 and 3rd and 2. It will do poorly in 2nd and 12 and 3rd and 8. That's just the way it will be.

What it needs from the WRs is the following:

1) John Ross to be a thread to hurt teams both vertically and horizontally
    2) Mickens able to continue to grind out yards with the short pass
    3) Kasen to be a matchup problem as a big receiver to be able to win the jump ball throws and outlet to throw the ball to in those 3rd and 8's to go win 50/50 throws
    4) ALL WRs to be the best collection of blocking WRs in the conference

This won't necessarily be a pretty team this year. We don't have a great QB from the standpoint of throwing the ball but Miles is good enough. In a lot of ways, this kind of resembles the '99 and '00 Tui teams offensively. But that doesn't mean that this isn't a team that can't grind out points. It doesn't mean that it isn't a team that can't/won't play good defense (and I do expect that our DBs will continue to get better as the year progresses). It doesn't mean that this isn't a team that can't play good special teams (which we're starting to see that this team has the ability to win a game this year through it's special teams play). And it doesn't mean that this isn't a team that can't continue to win the turnover battle (which is critical based on the collection of players/talent that we have).

There's a lot of panicking going on ... I'm not really sure that I get it. There are some things to worry about. But there's a lot of adjusting and culture change going on. When punched in the mouth, this team has shown an ability to adjust and respond. That's already a marked improvement over the last 5 years.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Quite honestly, the sooner we can get rid of Sark players the better in my mind.

The Sark players that aren't going to buy in I'd agree with ...

Sark players would rather look good and lose than look bad and win = Sidney Deane

Petersen players would rather look bad and win than look good and lose = Billy Hoyle
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Quite honestly, the sooner we can get rid of Sark players the better in my mind.

Is this a Sark, "quite honestly" woosh? Otherwise, it's a pretty big overreaction. Petersen is going to need the Sark players to play well for him if he wants to win before year 4. They aren't going anywhere and we need to win with the players we have.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Shelton is a Sark guy. Can't wait until he LEAVES!!1!

Amirite?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,180 Founders Club

Jude said in his blog this morning that he didn't think Williams was complaining, just telling it like it is

Thanks for reading.
    Down vote for no 75,000 wink
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,725 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I wasn't being critical of Kasen from the standpoint of the quote because without reading the story I'm assuming that there was some amount of it being taken out of context. I also saw Jood was making a big point this morning to point out that the offense with over 400 yards per game was last in the conference. Not super concerned about that either.

This isn't going to be the most dynamic of passing offenses, but it doesn't need to be. What it needs to be is able to cause enough pain to the opposition when they are trying to stack the box against the run. This offense will be one that is trying to put itself in favorable down/distance situations. It will do well in 2nd and 6 and 3rd and 2. It will do poorly in 2nd and 12 and 3rd and 8. That's just the way it will be.

What it needs from the WRs is the following:

1) John Ross to be a thread to hurt teams both vertically and horizontally
    2) Mickens able to continue to grind out yards with the short pass
    3) Kasen to be a matchup problem as a big receiver to be able to win the jump ball throws and outlet to throw the ball to in those 3rd and 8's to go win 50/50 throws
    4) ALL WRs to be the best collection of blocking WRs in the conference

This won't necessarily be a pretty team this year. We don't have a great QB from the standpoint of throwing the ball but Miles is good enough. In a lot of ways, this kind of resembles the '99 and '00 Tui teams offensively. But that doesn't mean that this isn't a team that can't grind out points. It doesn't mean that it isn't a team that can't/won't play good defense (and I do expect that our DBs will continue to get better as the year progresses). It doesn't mean that this isn't a team that can't play good special teams (which we're starting to see that this team has the ability to win a game this year through it's special teams play). And it doesn't mean that this isn't a team that can't continue to win the turnover battle (which is critical based on the collection of players/talent that we have).

There's a lot of panicking going on ... I'm not really sure that I get it. There are some things to worry about. But there's a lot of adjusting and culture change going on. When punched in the mouth, this team has shown an ability to adjust and respond. That's already a marked improvement over the last 5 years.

I didn't even need to look at the avatar to see who posted this. I just saw a wall of text and "Tequilla" came to mind.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    edited September 2014

Thanks for reading.
    Down vote for no 75,000 wink
    Huh?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,764 Swaye's Wigwam

Shelton is a Sark guy. Can't wait until he LEAVES!!1!

Amirite?

Some Sark recruits seem to have tuned him out, fortunately