Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Unis and Tradition

TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
The gold chrome helmet with heliotrope stripe and "W" logo has made it's appearance at least in online photo form and the sight of it makes an oldtimer like myself want to chew on a radiator. It's not that I must insist on retaining traditional football unis for during my long Husky lifetime, our colors and gameday apparel on and off the field have changed a few times in the past. What matters to me is winning and the feeling that the appearance of winning has always delivered at least to me and my crew. Thus, the unis fashions I will always prefer are those that the players wore in the late 1980 to early 1990's period........ the look of victory and dominance which the Huskies then wore when exiting the tunnel to pummel another opponent.

But these are different times now as some of us anticipate another football season with attitudes stuck somewhere between deprived hope and resolved despair for accepting another 5 to 7 win achievement. Gone is the winning traditions of the past as our team's management apparently considers one more step to duckafying Husky Football in 2013 with glitzy schemes and Nike inspired glam fashion. I'm not convinced that we traditionalists will actually be exposed to such insult and embarrassment, but perhaps it does fit Husky Stadium's new ambiance of club and luxury suites, fabulous concessions, open sound attenuating concourses, surround light show, a mammoth new HuskyTron to hate even more than the previous scoreboard abomination,....... and of course, a subway station where my tailgating parking lot used to be.

So, I suppose the golden dome chrome helmet with heliotrope trim (I've always known that Nike would find a way to someday adorn Hated Huskies with heliotrope), if it bounces and rolls out of the Tunnel on August 31, must along with the stadium renovation fit the new tradition........ which of course is the oxymoron that perhaps defines all that we have become on the gridiron and in the grandstands. If the Seattle Sounders and Seahawks can get away with wearing that hideous pansy-assed florescent green, we must accept the vomit that might be induced by chrome gold trimmed in heliotrope.

Comments

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    I like the Seahawks green.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Who gives a fuck?! These topics belong on Doogman.

I care about the average product on the field more.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    If we were actually winning games I could care less what we wear.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,357 Founders Club

Not to worry... Damone will chime in on your bad grammar soon enough.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

That cuntwaffle couldn't care less

edited July 2013

Bring it!!
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

I like the Seahawks green.

I'm looking at my Wilson #3 authentic jersey which I got for Xmas and wear as often as possible. The color I don't like is the light florescent green patch surrounding the Nike swoosh high on the sleeve near the shoulder pads that looks like dragon puke. The darker colors are I think great for it is a handsome jersey.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

So you're saying you care. Since you could care less, logic says you care, since you have care that you could give up, leaving you with less care than you currently have.
    edited July 2013
    I don't care if we wear pink tutus as long as we win. Plus the kids and recruits love them. And I'm not racist. I don't care if a person is black,white, green or has purple stripes as long as they do their job.

I also support the troops and don't support war. I'm on the record as being against animal AND elder abuse.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

I don't care if we wear pink tutus as long as we win. Plus the kids and recruits love them. And I'm not racist. I don't care if a person is black,white, green or has purple stripes as long as they do their job.

I also support the troops and don't support war. I'm on the record as being against animal AND elder abuse.

I like to take a stand against bullying, that's what I like to do.

I'm against that. And I'm against poverty.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

I'm against that. And I'm against poverty.
    Me too. I'm also against cancer.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    I want world peace. No matter how many people we have to kill to get there
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    Classy poasts. Orange slices for everyone!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,357 Founders Club

Wait, the other day you said that you support the war but not the troops. So which is it?
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167

Who gives a fuck?! These topics belong on Doogman.

I care about the average product on the field more.

I don't see why talking about this aspect of the program would be taboo. It's not like we've played a new game in months... if you have some new analysis regarding football to contribute I would way rather discuss that... in the absence of that I'll take this.

So you're saying you care. Since you could care less, logic says you care, since you have care that you could give up, leaving you with less care than you currently have.
    Interesting.

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,696 Founders Club

Yeah, I had forgotten about how badly Tailgater's posts sucked.