Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Now I get it

2»

Comments

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

After reading and thinking about this all day I think I understand what is happening with the program:

This team was not ready to play games that count because Petersen is still installing his system.

He has been saying from day one that he was going to change everything.

He has said over and over again that he feels behind, and that this is going to take time.

We have heard that the coaches were surprised by what these players didn't know and that he is still learning about these players.

He said after the game that learning the system is more important that short term results, and that life lessons are more important than winning. (Benching Miles and Peters)

The guy doing the broadcast said we were still installing our playbook. Eastern says we looked vanilla on defense.

We have heard repeatedly that these coaches focus on technique, and are practically re-teaching these kids football fundamentals.

And the Boise system was based on multiple sets and perfect execution. It's complicated.

We all expected an instant upgrade, but that is not what Chris Petersen is all about, we - including me- just weren't listening.

I am guessing that we will continue to see improvement and growing pains. I am hoping that Petersen will have the team fully prepared in time for Stanford.

And as of right now I am still saying 11-2.

And I am still very glad Chris Petersen is our coach.

This took you all day?

I'm guessing the SATs didn't go too well for you huh?
    Maybe TCU doesn't require SATs. #holisticcollegeadmissions
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,349 Founders Club

After reading and thinking about this all day I think I understand what is happening with the program:

This team was not ready to play games that count because Petersen is still installing his system.

He has been saying from day one that he was going to change everything.

He has said over and over again that he feels behind, and that this is going to take time.

We have heard that the coaches were surprised by what these players didn't know and that he is still learning about these players.

He said after the game that learning the system is more important that short term results, and that life lessons are more important than winning. (Benching Miles and Peters)

The guy doing the broadcast said we were still installing our playbook. Eastern says we looked vanilla on defense.

We have heard repeatedly that these coaches focus on technique, and are practically re-teaching these kids football fundamentals.

And the Boise system was based on multiple sets and perfect execution. It's complicated.

We all expected an instant upgrade, but that is not what Chris Petersen is all about, we - including me- just weren't listening.

I am guessing that we will continue to see improvement and growing pains. I am hoping that Petersen will have the team fully prepared in time for Stanford.

And as of right now I am still saying 11-2.

And I am still very glad Chris Petersen is our coach.

This took you all day?

I'm guessing the SATs didn't go too well for you huh?
    Maybe TCU doesn't require SATs. #holisticcollegeadmissions
    Tequilla is ready to roll. Don't fuck with TCU. Ever.