Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

serious football question

2»

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tailgater said:

The new stadium will score at minimum 14 points which together with the 7 points typically assumed for home field advantage, we should have a 21point handicap before the Huskies leave their new locker-room to storm out of the new Tunnel onto the new fieldturf. that should be more than a genius such as Peterson can overcome in a season opener on the road....... providing Sark's new duck wannabe offense can either add to the Huskies' scoreboard or keep from giving points to the mediocre-by-size Broncos.

And Tailgater, you ignorant fuck. The new stadium wont score any points. Watch BSU against the 'Almighty SEC and GEORGIA. Doesn't matter where Petersen plays, his teams are INCREDIBLY disciplined and prepared no matter what. They have a SYSTEM they follow. They stick to it. Unlike Sark who flys by the seat of his pants, especially when he gets down by 3 in the 1st quarter. Its panic time. Abandon the run, go to 2-minute drill and pray for a miracle.

When Petersen gets down, he calmly sticks with the run/pass balanced philosophy that made him the winningest head coach in college football over his tenure.
    l
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Tailgater said:

The new stadium will score at minimum 14 points which together with the 7 points typically assumed for home field advantage, we should have a 21point handicap before the Huskies leave their new locker-room to storm out of the new Tunnel onto the new fieldturf. that should be more than a genius such as Peterson can overcome in a season opener on the road....... providing Sark's new duck wannabe offense can either add to the Huskies' scoreboard or keep from giving points to the mediocre-by-size Broncos.

And Tailgater, you ignorant fuck. The new stadium wont score any points. Watch BSU against the 'Almighty SEC and GEORGIA. Doesn't matter where Petersen plays, his teams are INCREDIBLY disciplined and prepared no matter what. They have a SYSTEM they follow. They stick to it. Unlike Sark who flys by the seat of his pants, especially when he gets down by 3 in the 1st quarter. Its panic time. Abandon the run, go to 2-minute drill and pray for a miracle.

When Petersen gets down, he calmly sticks with the run/pass balanced philosophy that made him the winningest head coach in college football over his tenure.
    l
    You're wrong. The new stadium will add points. It was part of the contract with the Pac 12. If UW removed the track, they would be spotted 14 points in every game. Why else would everyone be so confident we are beating Boise State?

• Options
    LocalKineBroncoLocalKineBronco Member Posts: 32
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

You're wrong. The new stadium will add points. It was part of the contract with the Pac 12. If UW removed the track, they would be spotted 14 points in every game. Why else would everyone be so confident we are beating Boise State?

Craaaap...hadn't heard about this. That will make for an interesting pregame speech. Down 14 already? Do we at least get the ball first?
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tailgater said:

l

Right On! Why else would we build a new stadium and schedule Idaho State. What-oh-what will we do next for easy advantage if the new post-season playoff system decides to not count 1AA cupcake wins for bowl eligibility....... or recognize our 14 point handicap?

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    obligatory Boise isn't even a state comment...
  • Options
    LocalKineBroncoLocalKineBronco Member Posts: 32
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

I know this is a joke.....but there are plans to change the schools name to U. of Boise. Give it 3-5 years.

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

puppylove_sugarsteel said:

Listen' I got laughed off dogboy for suggesting they keep 18-20 olinemen on schollie. One of their fucking experts said "no only 16 is necessary". A week fucking later, ON THEIR FUCKING SHOW, Baird said 18-20. NO QUESTION. Those guys are the biggest fucking bunch of sheep over there.

The concept of recruiting sufficient numbers to maintain OL depth is too technical for the Insider experts at Dm.c. Besides claiming that all OL recruits should come out of high school fully prepared to compete against Pac-12 defenses, Dm.c's experts can't seem to grasp the time needed for kids to develop for the war in the trenches of major college football,....... nor the depth needed to back-up five interior OL positions while anticipating rates of injury or dropout in a typical collegiate program. Assuming a reasonable 20% attrition rate and the time an average OL prospect needs in school to develop, each of five classes including a redshirt class should have close to four scholarship athletes capable of starting at, backing-up, or developing into competitors at each of the five OL positions. In a well managed program built to compete at the highest level, such depth typically computes to 18-20 OLmen on the roster and 4-5 OL recruits each year.

One thing that's always amused me is the Dm.c Insider expert's willingness to follow Cozzetto's lead and list two or more OLmen as starters at one position as well as back-ups at one or two other positions. It's true that some of the more experienced athletes can be penciled as a back-up at more than one position if he isn't starting, but OL starters at least during any week of game preparations are usually anchored at their staring position. But using mirrors makes it appear that 8-10 OLmen is all that's needed to keep a program competitive on the line-of-scrimmage.

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited July 2013

Houhusky said:

I know this is a joke.....but there are plans to change the schools name to U. of Boise. Give it 3-5 years.

RIP state of Boise. Going the way of the state of Memphis.

I blame Obama.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

LOL Not a ton of confidence in this thread........you're not alone, very few Bronco fans expect to win this game, hell some think we might get smashed.....which is kind of bizarre, considering we beat UW in December minus our best player. I honestly don't know what to expect. Both teams assume certain positions will improve (O-Line for UW, QB/RB/Run blocking for BSU, etc.)....will that be the case? Not sure. I personally don't think we win, but making a prediction seems impossible. So many unknown factors. I do think a lot weighs on whether ASJ plays or not.....which I bet we won't know until game time.

UW will win by 10 or 14 and it won't tell us jack shit about the season, though I fully expect local and even national media will make a big deal out of it. Then we'll struggle to beat Illinois which will remind us how mediocre we are.
    When has Sark ever defeated a good opponent by double figures? I can only think of one occasion which was the Holiday Bowl. Also Nebraska didn't want to be there at all.

I see UW winning a close game by like a TD or less or UW getting their asses kicked. I don't see a middle.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    No one said the game was a lock, they were just passing along what they were hearing. You need to learn the difference.

If you are going to make stuff up... well... your just making stuff up.
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I predict that UW will lose despite BSU having a shit tier keith price-esque QB in Joe Southwick
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Sark's team have mediocre at best in the first game of each of his first four seasons. Why should they be good now?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Sark's team have mediocre at best in the first game of each of his first four seasons. Why should they be good now?

Its a home game, brand new stadium, meaningful opponent you should have beat in a bowl game. Kind of different from the other openers, no?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

New house, new house money to play with.