Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,236 Founders Club
    Slate is your source??!!
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    edited September 2014
    "Are mopeds dangerous? Sure, if by dangerous you mean significantly riskier than cars but slightly less direful than motorcycles. They are not dangerous compared to smoking a lot of cigarettes or owning a gun. The point is that, while nothing about the bumper sticker backed up its ominous claim, I automatically accepted it."

Stopped reading after that.

The chick that wrote this is probably one of those "ban or cap corporate profits" cunts who goes to Starbucks daily and buys every new model of iPhone when they come out.

Its an old story. Conservatives are simple minded, stupid, shallow while liberals are deep thinking intellectuals

Rinse lather repeat

No proof just some simpleton from Comedy Central. Which is where most deep thinking libs get their news
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

The chick that wrote this is probably one of those "ban or cap corporate profits" cunts who goes to Starbucks daily and buys every new model of iPhone when they come out.

Its an old story. Conservatives are simple minded, stupid, shallow while liberals are deep thinking intellectuals

Rinse lather repeat

No proof just some simpleton from Comedy Central. Which is where most deep thinking libs get their news
    It seems your reading comprehension still sucks.

"Are mopeds dangerous? Sure, if by dangerous you mean significantly riskier than cars but slightly less direful than motorcycles. They are not dangerous compared to smoking a lot of cigarettes or owning a gun. The point is that, while nothing about the bumper sticker backed up its ominous claim, I automatically accepted it."

It's tough when the article takes longer to read than you can actually focus on something.

Do you have ADD?
    edited September 2014

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,702 Swaye's Wigwam
    Eryn Newman is a postdoctoral scholar in cognitive psychology at the University of California, Irvine.

Yeah, this bitch is not a real scientist, but it's a great story for libs.
    TheGlove said:

It's tough when the article takes longer to read than you can actually focus on something.

Do you have ADD?
    If you can't see how hypocritical that paragraph is then I can't help you.

TheGlove said:

Do you have ADD?
    I don't really need your help, thanks. But this might help you out, the bumper-sticker analogy is threaded throughout the article as an illustration of the main point. In other words, her opinion about mopeds, cars, guns, or cigarettes (was it the mention of "dangerous guns" that threw you into a tailspin?) doesn't make a bit of difference.
    TheGlove said:

Rinse lather repeat

You sound defensive
    TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

Do you have ADD?
    I don't really need your help, thanks. But this might help you out, the bumper-sticker analogy is threaded throughout the article as an illustration of the main point. In other words, her opinion about mopeds, cars, guns, or cigarettes (was it the mention of "dangerous guns" that threw you into a tailspin?) doesn't make a bit of difference.
    the article you linked was a bumper sticker

HTH

TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

Do you have ADD?
    the article you linked was a bumper sticker

HTH
    /thread
    haie said:

Eryn Newman is a postdoctoral scholar in cognitive psychology at the University of California, Irvine.

Looks like someone else didn't read the whole article or any of the other sources.
    TheGlove said:

haie said:

Looks like someone else didn't read the whole article or any of the other sources.
    Yeah, I guess I just dismiss Colbert outright because he is, after all, a fucking comedian.

The rest of those clowns just champion shit like social semiotics because it keeps them employed. They have no real basis other than "studies" where you're supposed to assume they went into it with no bias or thesis in mind.

hth, and fuck off.

TheGlove said:

Rinse lather repeat

You sound defensive
    Not defensive. Sorry for the blunt, negative reply.

You either didn't read the article and the sources OR you are unable to understand OR you're lazy OR you don't give a fuck.

But since you responded, it seems you give a fuck. So why can't you come up with something else in response than dismissive, name-calling? Laziness? Lack of understanding?

There's tons of proof cited.

Rinse lather repeat that, mister.
    "proof"

Have you ever worked for any of these shitbags? Have you ever helped them collect their "data" or formulate their bullshit "theories"? Let me educate you as someone who has...

They want more research funding, and will feed libs whatever slop gets them that.
    TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

Rinse lather repeat

You sound defensive
    Not defensive. Sorry for the blunt, negative reply.

You either didn't read the article and the sources OR you are unable to understand OR you're lazy OR you don't give a fuck.

But since you responded, it seems you give a fuck. So why can't you come up with something else in response than dismissive, name-calling? Laziness? Lack of understanding?

There's tons of proof cited.

Rinse lather repeat that, mister.
    Obviously we aren't smart enough to understand these complex issues that oddly enough seemed to be presented with dismissive name calling.

Why don't you dumb it down for us in your own words?

TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

Do you have ADD?
    I didn't like the article you linked was a bumper sticker because it made conservatives look bad.

HTH
    fixerated.