Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Libtards are retarded and live in their own fantasy world

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,482 Founders Club
    My two dads taught me to read before I started school. Oddly enough the book was "My Two Dads"
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    If you think shitty teachers should get paid 200K a year, open up your wallet and agree to pay $6000 in property taxes per $100,000 of your home value.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    edited August 2014

If you think shitty teachers should get paid 200K a year, open up your wallet and agree to pay $6000 in property taxes per $100,000 of your home value.

i know a lot of people who shouldn't get paid nearly what they are paid in their profession. However, i don't base that on the individual, more about the the vast majority of those in that profession. There are some teachers who are POS, but many who are not. To use the outlier as the norm is about as ignorant as saying teachers aren't smart enough to do another job.

Teachers should be paid a good living wage, IE 30k is not a living wage for a 4 year degree. I know many with masters who are making 40k a year. Sorry, but I think that's ridiculous.

I also know "financial advisors" aka, insurance pushers who makes 75k. Who is really doing society good?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2014
    Cry me a fucking river. There are plenty of 4 year degrees that come with actual skills that aren't making a living wage. My gf is a UW business school grad and has her MBA and makes about 45k. I think teachers need to follow through on their whining and nail themselves to their crosses until they bleed out.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,521 Founders Club
    edited August 2014
    I couldn't make it past the third or fourth paragraph because I have a low tolerance for faggy unrealistic idealism, but a few points:

Teacher's unions aren't the devil some make them out to be, but they need to stop protecting bad teachers, or they need to be forced to do that. Somehow.

Teachers should be paid more, but the school year should also be longer. The Japanese go to school 200 days a year. Our year is about 180 days. Cut out the ridiculous 10 to 12 week break in the summer so kids can retain more. That will cut out waste and improve efficiency.

One local public school here has a Mexican American services coordinator or some shit, African American " ", Indian " ", and they'll probably have a LBGT liaison making 45,000 a year for talking to four gay kids once a week. Guess what? No librarian. Cut out waste like this.

Charter schools are a complete scam. There are a couple around here that are nerd magnet schools, the rest are either niche or they take all the miscreants. We used to have reform and military schools for losers. The bottom line is they don't perform any better than regular public schools. My brother taught at one for five or six years & never received a raise. Before you say, "Bill, Maybe your brother just sucked at teaching!", he talked to several other teachers at the same school & they confirmed he never gave raises. The guy was just pocketing the money. State money. It's a scam. They do no better.

I will also regurgitate Purple J's pt. about critical thinking. It's a little better, but it's still lacking.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    haie said:

Cry me a fucking river. There are plenty of 4 year degrees that come with actual skills that aren't making a living wage. My gf is a UW business school grad and has her MBA and makes about 45k. I think teachers need to follow through on their whining and nail themselves to their crosses until they bleed out.

Time for a new girlfriend.
    edited September 2014
    TheGlove said:

haie said:

Time for a new girlfriend.
    Stay at home dads libcunts agree with you.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,550 Standard Supporter
    Why would you pay the fucktards any more than they are making now? That's like giving Mike Fucking Leach a raise for a losing season.

If you want to pay new teachers more as an incentive so they don't choose to go into other more lucrative fields, that makes sense. The smart kids go to where the money is when making career choices. Teacher is way the fuck down the list, thus you get the dregs and Letourneaus.

But to reward the current incompetents just because is Sec14 stupid.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    haie said:

The difference is that in her career she will escalate her salary and likely be making 3 times that within 15 years. Teachers will not see any similar escalation. If the teacher market was truly a free market for salary than maybe it's a fair comparison, but it isn't b/c teachers are stuck on a pay scale regardless of their actual value.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,959

My wife is a teacher, and I wouldn't have a problem if she got a raise, but then I remember she only works 9 months out of the year. Her true wage is about 25% higher than what her stub says. Still underpaid, but not by as much as a lot of people believe.

She makes up for being underpaid by sleeping with her students.

Hope this helps.

It doesn't. Sleeping with her students is what makes her underpaid.
    edited September 2014

haie said:

The difference is that in her career she will escalate her salary and likely be making 3 times that within 15 years. Teachers will not see any similar escalation. If the teacher market was truly a free market for salary than maybe it's a fair comparison, but it isn't b/c teachers are stuck on a pay scale regardless of their actual value.
    Please find a teacher below the college level that is worth a fuck. I went to a high school that fucking rich people move to the town just so their kids can attend. Every teacher was dreck, went to easy colleges, and has their diploma framed in the classroom.

A Master's in Teaching is about on par with the first 1-2 weeks of a Computer Science or Engineering degree in difficulty. Simple fact.

If I was a teacher I would get a 2nd job in the summer and keep my mouth shut.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

i know a lot of people who shouldn't get paid nearly what they are paid in their profession. However, i don't base that on the individual, more about the the vast majority of those in that profession. There are some teachers who are POS, but many who are not. To use the outlier as the norm is about as ignorant as saying teachers aren't smart enough to do another job.

Teachers should be paid a good living wage, IE 30k is not a living wage for a 4 year degree. I know many with masters who are making 40k a year. Sorry, but I think that's ridiculous.

I also know "financial advisors" aka, insurance pushers who makes 75k. Who is really doing society good?
    If you're only making $75k selling insurance, you're in the wrong market and/or not very good at what you do.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    I like right to work states. Teachers get fired and downsized all the time. No issues.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

haie said:

Teachers aren't stuck anywhere. The great thing about a free market is they are free to chose any profession they wish. If teaching isn't paying the bills, there is no one with a gun to their head forcing them to stay. Also, this isn't a new development, teachers know what the pay scale is when they decide to go into it. Bitching a few years down the road is bullshit. The notion they are underpaid is a huge myth. Some teachers may be underpaid compared to some of their worthless colleagues, but on average, they get what they're worth.

It sounds like you're blaming the union teachers being "stuck" on a pay scale. I would agree with that. I would also agree that unions interfere with labor costs in unionized industries and companies.

Here is a list of what secondary teachers in the seattle made in 2012 -2013. Like I said, they aren't underpaid.

http://wwwb.thenewstribune.com/databases/school_pay/index.php?names=&schools=&districts=Seattle+Public+Schools&sort=&job_title=Secondary+Teacher&page=14
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,338 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2014
    collegeinpjs.com is the only way to go

I like to pretend online school is just like getting up early and having a work ethic.
    edited September 2014
    @MikeDamone

They can't choose any profession they wish. Hence this butthurt, entitled thread.
    edited September 2014
    haie said:

@MikeDamone

They can't choose any profession they wish. Hence this butthurt, entitled thread.

Why can't they? too lazy? Dumb?
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    I just think we need to ban guns. Less guns = less violence.

haie said:

@MikeDamone

Why can't they? too lazy? Dumb?
    Some too dumb, some too lazy, all entitled: "We educate your kids, so vote to give us more money."