Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Could Kamala win?

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Saw a bunch of jubilant MAGA folks on X very excited to take on Kamala. I get it. She's a completely incompetent buffoon. But, the main knock on Biden was that he was/is an aged vegetable. I read somewhere Kamala only polls a bit higher than Biden against Trump, but I think dumb suburban soccer Moms might head back towards her for boss girl vibes. I am completely talking out my ass, as I have no read on any polling, but I do wonder if Kamala gives the Dems some type of shot in the arm that gets it close enough for broken water pipes to do their thing?

With Biden it was over. 100% he was cooked and Trump was going to steam roll him. Kamala adds an interesting, and scary, wrinkle.

Comments

• GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,251

I need to see the swing states.... that's the key as usual

• EverettChrisEverettChris Member Posts: 3,622
    edited July 22

Married a rich white guy, has a step-daughter who is the fugliest “model” nepotism case ever seen who also was a fundraiser for Hamas, and has a history of locking up blacks (and browns) and holding them in jail/prison longer than necessary for the free labor.

Done correctly, she loses in a landslide.

• georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,927 Swaye's Wigwam

Recruit MyTulsi to campaign against her directly. Trump can't fall into the narrative of bad man verbally bullying helpless woman.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

yeah pretty much anyone has a better chance than Biden

But I think dems are forgetting just how awful she truly is

Shes absolutely the worst person in their whole lineup. You listen to her for 30 secs and immediately can’t stand her.

But there are a lot of anyone but trump voters so idk.

But there are a lot of anyone but trump voters so idk

Are there, though? Outside of the fringe party extremists of the Left that are represented on The Tug, he already has more public support from public figures than he ever had in 2016 and 2020.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

This is a good point. People don't seem "embarrassed" to say they are for Trump anymore. Feels like a major change from the recent past.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,594 Standard Supporter

Hilary is tanned rested and ready when this realization sets in.

Not entirely sure that’s not the plan any way.

don’t forget the biggest change (besides Covid obviously)

The libs no longer own twitter

Hell it’s not even neutral now considering Elon is pro trump.

But stuff like the very fine people would have had community notes under it and would have never worked if it happened now

edited July 22

I also wonder what their main trump attack is going to be. The whole he will dismantle democracy never really played well especially when the devs didn’t even vote their candidate. Plus no one got rounded up into camps 4 years ago so that was always stupid.

I think they might try to go with Biden was too old you’re too old. Which to be fair is true. Obv he’s not declining like Biden but he’s still absolutely too old.
    Probably a big reason they went young with Vance. But it’s a tough one to overcome

I also don’t think Kamala is the one to attack him on it. She already is super unlikeable and going angry attack mode isn’t going to help

If the messaging gets out, she has zero chance as her only job Joe gave her she failed in historic fashion.

https://twitter.com/rncresearch/status/1815398304660049960?s=46&t=vt0Z6NdoDKWvbfgT6aR_cQ

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,997

her performance as border czar is an all time failure in public policy.

Hammer her on that, along with her record as AG of California. She’s a total political animal of the moment, as witnessed by her decisions in Sacramento.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/12/inside-kamala-harris-polarizing-record-as-a-prosecutor/

there’s also the fact that she is absolutely miserable on the campaign trail. Like all-time miserable.

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,238 Swaye's Wigwam

Tie her to inflation and radical judges that her tie breaking vote secured.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/TieVotes.htm

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,607 Standard Supporter

I think she can win. The main difference with Biden is she might get a few small percentage points of voters who would have otherwise stayed home or voted third party to go with her. The never-Trumpers and "I'm not voting for old people" voter bloc.

That's all it takes to flip a few swing states.