Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm not mad at DeBoer

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,868
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Where did you see we low balled him? It was my understanding we offered more than Bama, or was that bullshit?

I think he’s saying we low balled early when our $8.7m offer would’ve only made him 15th highest paid.

By the end, we were offering him $9.4, which would’ve been top 8. Softy heard from @Sources that we’d have gone over $10, but maybe by then the writing was on the wall and it was never formally offered.
    Depending on when the 8.7 offer was made, I think it's dumb to blame Dannen. That's a fair first offer. He strung UW along. That's messed up. Reminds me of some women I've known.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,003
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Canadawg said:

He wasn't staying here for all the tea in China

Drinking tea is gay
    Fuck you! Tea is the most consumed beverage in the world (excluding water).

(Daintily sips a cup of vanilla rooibos, pinky raised…because I’m a goddamn lady.)
    Well. White rice is the most consumed food worldwide and soccer is the most played sport. So.......
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Alexis said:

PurpleJ said:

Canadawg said:

He wasn't staying here for all the tea in China

Drinking tea is gay
    Fuck you! Tea is the most consumed beverage in the world (excluding water).

(Daintily sips a cup of vanilla rooibos, pinky raised…because I’m a goddamn lady.)
    Well. White rice is the most consumed food worldwide and soccer is the most played sport. So.......
    Atleast soccer has their 14 year old professional developmental programs and relegation system figured out

And if were bashing rice, IM OUT!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,551
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 19
    If you think CFB is a cutthroat bidness, go follow Euro futbol for a bit and get back to me. We got Saudi princes cookin the books, match fixing, players transferring to rivals, and massive bribery campaigns for almost every major tournament host.
  • Options
    CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 278
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Someone should tell the Saudis that they can buy a college football team. We? are open for business.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

If you think CFB is a cutthroat bidness, go follow Euro futbol for a bit and get back to me. We got Saudi princes cookin the books, match fixing, players transferring to rivals, and massive bribery campaigns for almost every major tournament host.

This is accurate. When it comes to corruption, soccer has a PhD, and CFB is in preschool.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Deboer left because he's a feckless recruiter and he wasn't up for the challenge of actual program building. So he struck while the iron was hot and gladly took the upgraded roster that was waiting for him in Tuscaloosa. His next goal is to mimic what he did at Washington and bounce for the NFL Jimmy Johnson style, all before the chickens come home to roost.

He's a two bit whore who excels at utilizing what other people have left for him. The next program he actually builds will be his first.

In before @creepycoug tells you that Jimmy left a national championship team at Miami for Dennis Erickson

Have no idea about Oklahoma State because who cares

I do think you're accurate on DeBoer
    From a program-first standpoint, it seems that Fisch is better than DeBoor, cuz Fisch's guysm want to stay at Arizona.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,149
    Founders Club

Deboer left because he's a feckless recruiter and he wasn't up for the challenge of actual program building. So he struck while the iron was hot and gladly took the upgraded roster that was waiting for him in Tuscaloosa. His next goal is to mimic what he did at Washington and bounce for the NFL Jimmy Johnson style, all before the chickens come home to roost.

He's a two bit whore who excels at utilizing what other people have left for him. The next program he actually builds will be his first.

In before @creepycoug tells you that Jimmy left a national championship team at Miami for Dennis Erickson

Have no idea about Oklahoma State because who cares

I do think you're accurate on DeBoer
    Don James beat Jimmy Johnson on the road
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,987
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 19

Disagree, pal.

You don’t start whoring around in the midst of a Natty run. You just don’t.

Thems the rules.

And I don’t think it was about the money.

This is my line in the sand also. It's horrific. A betrayal to his players.

It's clear that Bama orchestrated this because they wanted ZERO lag time that could cost them in recruiting.

You don't fuck the other guy's wife during a Natty run.

Can we, at least, try to have a c-hair of honor and class in this bullshit sport CFB has become? I don't think this is too much to ask.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uw-offered-big-ten-contract-to-kalen-deboer-ad-troy-dannen-says/

November 26,202 (after 3 point apple cup win) 12 million dollar buyout, 85% guaranteed
    1. 8,500,000 (February 1,2024 ~ January 31,2025)
    2. 8,550,000 (February 1,2025 January 31,2026)
    3. 8,600,000 (February 1, 2026 — January 31, 2027)
    4. 8,650,000 (February 1, 2027— January 31, 2028)
    5. 8,850,000 (February 1, 2028—January 31, 2029)
    6. 8,900,000 (February 1, 2029 —January 31 2030)
    7. 9,000,000 (February 1.2030 January 31, 2031)

January 11,202 (after NCG loss) 12 million dollar buyout, 85% guaranteed
    1. $9,100,000 (February 1, 2025- January31,2026)
    2. $9,200,000 (February 1,2026 - January31,2027)
    3. $9,300,000 (February 1, 2027- January 31, 2028)
    4. $9,400,000 (February 1, 2028-January31,2029)
    5. $9,500,000 (February 1, 2029-January31,2030)
    6. $9,600,000 (February 1, 2030-January31,203)
    Dannen bringing the hypothetical receipts
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,012
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

If you low balled me and a bigger company came in and offered me a better deal, I'd jump ship too.

I'm not mad that he ultimately left. I'm mad that he did such a shitty job recruiting, and that it was so obvious for the past 4-6 weeks that he was looking around, which also hurt our recruiting. Also that he supposdly did some interviewing with Bama while he was in Houston. Fuck him.

While he was a solid x's and o's coach I don't think he goes down in history as a mastermind. He had a perfect storm of luck here, inheriting some great 6th year talent and bringing in a few portal guys. He knew the program would take a few steps back when all of that 6th year talent graduated.

I fully expect him to lose 3-4 games at Bama in 2024. It will be fucking hilarious when Bama boosters call for his firing.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,149
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

If you low balled me and a bigger company came in and offered me a better deal, I'd jump ship too.

I'm not mad that he ultimately left. I'm mad that he did such a shitty job recruiting, and that it was so obvious for the past 4-6 weeks that he was looking around, which also hurt our recruiting. Also that he supposdly did some interviewing with Bama while he was in Houston. Fuck him.

While he was a solid x's and o's coach I don't think he goes down in history as a mastermind. He had a perfect storm of luck here, inheriting some great 6th year talent and bringing in a few portal guys. He knew the program would take a few steps back when all of that 6th year talent graduated.

I fully expect him to lose 3-4 games at Bama in 2024. It will be fucking hilarious when Bama boosters call for his firing.
    His overall record is something like 102-12. That doesn't happen by accident.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,012
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

PurpleJ said:

His overall record is something like 102-12. That doesn't happen by accident.
    So...111 - 16 is in play.