Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ESPN suspends third host in two weeks, is run by out-of-control cowards

2»

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter
    DeepSeaZ said:

I like to suspend employees for something that happened before they worked for me. That's what I like to do.

I don't get it, that's exactly what ESPN just did? Mods?
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    The Lebatard one is pretty hilarious. They talked about doing something to screw with Cleveland for two weeks. Even said it would be something similar to planes flying around with banners. Days before the billboards went up he was on air saying he's signed contracts and it was going to happen. On ESPN airwaves. Then it happens and suspension.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club
    edited August 2014
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

I am for ESPN and against domestic violence so I am alright with this.

I've always enjoyed your posts, but you have got to be fucking kidding me. It happened over 20 years ago. Who is for domestic violence? Most civilized people aren't. Suspending him is stupid and ESPN is shit. I don't get what is hard about this. I guess fuck Kellerman for being honest. Let's get our pitch forks out for anyone who did something stupid 20 years ago. What the fuck ever happened to forgiving someone instead of punishing them for mistakes 20 years later? It's insane.

It's so stupid that we justify what crimes are worse than others. If he talked about getting a DUI 20 years ago, nobody would flinch. He could have killed someone though! If he talked about knocking a small drunk guy unconscious, that would be fine, but an open handed slap to a woman, oh no the terror! Break a guy's nose, giving him pain and medical bills, fine. Slap a girl after she slapped you, get punished 20 years later.

Lastly, ESPN is a fucking joke. They are huge hypocrites. This is the same network that has Charlie Sheen, a noted drug addict and woman beater, host Baseball Tonight and they frequently feature Lil Wayne, another drug addict who frequently raps about "bitches" who suck his dick, glamorizes dealing drugs and murder, etc.
    I actually really dislike ESPN but had to have the juxtaposition. The point is if they have a personality who admits on air to doing something atrocious, they have a right to take a stand and say this is reprehensible, we don't support it, and just because it happened a long time ago we aren't going to just ignore it. If they have an employee who comes out and says they currently abuse their partner I would expect them to fire the person. Sure, they are huge hypocrites, but I'd rather they get something right once in a while instead of nothing right.
    Atrocious? He slapped her, drunk, after she did the same. It's not okay, but it's not the same as hitting her with an iron unprovoked. To play CYA and throw your employees under the bus for a misdemeanor 20 years ago is gutless. I like your post Mad Son (and being an internet snob, I don't like a ton of posters) but I have to disagree.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Who gives a shit? If you care about personnel management at ESPN you have already lost.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Mad_Son said:

You're a cowardly split hair. If A girl hits a man its now self defense...lights out bitch!!!
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,919 Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

You're a cowardly split hair. If A girl hits a man its now self defense...lights out bitch!!!
    Tell that to Franny.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169

Mad_Son said:

7-11 on Aurora at the UDistrict. I'll see you there after I finish my chores ready to rumble.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    To the folks downvoting my posts and saying they generally like my posts: that's ok. We don't all always have to agree on everything. I am not hurt and we can still be friends.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter

Mad_Son said:

@DeaconJonesDawg, true?!11?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm2l0pxYw-4
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,999 Founders Club

Mad_Son said:

That is some DARK shit dude.
    I'm sure there is some dumbfuck (or multiple dumbfucks) sitting in the ESPN board room or whatever, harping on reaching new markets like middle-aged women or homosexers, as we speak. "We need to show everyone that we are against domestic abuse. Blah blah blah." As one of the other posters said before, that's not their target market and it never will be.

FMFYFESPN. Plenty of other sites out there that provide similar content, and if I'm forced to watch a game on ESPN, I usually find myself reaching for the mute button.
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Kellerman was not suspended for admitting to hitting his wife 20 years ago.

He was suspended for bringing up a topic that makes the NFL uncomfortable.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Kellerman was not suspended for admitting to hitting his wife 20 years ago.

He was suspended for bringing up a topic that makes the NFL uncomfortable.

Explain?

• RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    The NFL took a pr hit with Rice's 2 game suspension, and the NFL realized this. Media partners of the NFL magically began to be very gentile with this topic. Smith's comments upset the NFL, and he was suspended. Then Kellerman did the same. This is from deadspin:

Industry sources said while the content of his story was disturbing, the suspension was all about Kellerman, who once worked for ESPN New York Radio, not adhering to ESPN brass' warning concerning the Rice topic being a highly sensitive one. "My understanding is that it was part of a larger conversation ESPN had with all its on-air people," a radio industry source said. "Kellerman obviously didn't pay attention."

While the topic became even more charged after Smith's remarks and suspension, ESPN personalities were warned to measure and consider their commentary as soon as Rice's two game suspension was handed down by commissioner Roger Goodell.

Just intuitively, it is simple and makes sense. ESPN did not make suspensions because of some moral outrage; it made suspensions because it was worried about the NFL and money.

http://deadspin.com/espn-suspends-max-kellerman-for-talking-about-ray-rice-1618753486
    Sounds like he needs to respect da bidness.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    PurpleJ said:

I'm sure there is some dumbfuck (or multiple dumbfucks) sitting in the ESPN board room or whatever, harping on reaching new markets like middle-aged women or homosexers, as we speak. "We need to show everyone that we are against domestic abuse. Blah blah blah." As one of the other posters said before, that's not their target market and it never will be.

FMFYFESPN. Plenty of other sites out there that provide similar content, and if I'm forced to watch a game on ESPN, I usually find myself reaching for the mute button.

Disagree. Feigning outrage over anything even remotely controversial has become the status quo, even for sports fans. It shows how good of a person you are.

PurpleJ said:

Disagree. Feigning outrage over anything even remotely controversial has become the status quo, even for sports fans. It shows how good of a person you are.
    You might be right. Maybe I notice it more with ESPN, because they are such a big name. Could also be confirmation bias, because I already hate ESPN for ruining SportsCenter and hiring no talent hacks.

I must be a shitty person.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

I've always enjoyed your posts, but you have got to be fucking kidding me. It happened over 20 years ago. Who is for domestic violence? Most civilized people aren't. Suspending him is stupid and ESPN is shit. I don't get what is hard about this. I guess fuck Kellerman for being honest. Let's get our pitch forks out for anyone who did something stupid 20 years ago. What the fuck ever happened to forgiving someone instead of punishing them for mistakes 20 years later? It's insane.

It's so stupid that we justify what crimes are worse than others. If he talked about getting a DUI 20 years ago, nobody would flinch. He could have killed someone though! If he talked about knocking a small drunk guy unconscious, that would be fine, but an open handed slap to a woman, oh no the terror! Break a guy's nose, giving him pain and medical bills, fine. Slap a girl after she slapped you, get punished 20 years later.

Lastly, ESPN is a fucking joke. They are huge hypocrites. This is the same network that has Charlie Sheen, a noted drug addict and woman beater, host Baseball Tonight and they frequently feature Lil Wayne, another drug addict who frequently raps about "bitches" who suck his dick, glamorizes dealing drugs and murder, etc.
    If they have an employee who comes out and says they currently abuse their partner I would expect them to fire the person.
    Jeezus. Do you need a fucking hug, or what, junior?
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Mad_Son said:

To the folks downvoting my posts and saying they generally like my posts: that's ok. I am a skinny jeans wearing Momma's boy from an entitlement generation that likes scarves and soccer, but I have already had my cry over this and hugged my Partner, so I forgive you.