Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ESPN suspends third host in two weeks, is run by out-of-control cowards

Comments

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    It's capitalism baby.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,502 Founders Club

It's capitalism baby.

capitalism doesn't mean you can't stand for something or have a backbone.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    I was just pointing out that ESPN is attempting to get out ahead of any 'social justice' campaigns as a business decision. Why would a company want or need to prove a point?
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Didn't you see the gay dude's epic tackle on Sat? It was the most important sports play ever!!!!1!1!!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,502 Founders Club

I was just pointing out that ESPN is attempting to get out ahead of any 'social justice' campaigns as a business decision. Why would a company want or need to prove a point?

Sure, foster an environment where your employees know that if they make one false or awkward step you'll throw them under the bus. I'm sure morale will be at an all time high.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Sure, foster an environment where your employees know that if they make one false or awkward step you'll throw them under the bus. I'm sure morale will be at an all time high.
    It's been that way for years. Why do you think many of the anchors try and be big at other networks? Some have succeeded, but many fail and have to crawl back to ESPN. ESPN is the 400 pound monkey in the sports entertainment jungle, and they can pretty much treat their employees how they want. ESPN knows a good portion of their staff has no choice but to stay if they want to keep getting paid.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    Not sure who is running these boards, but who determines which posts stay on the "Hardcore Husky Board," and which get relegated to one of the outer territories? I've seen some completely irrelevant shit (like the top post on this thread) hang around, while much more relevant topics get tossed into one of the backrooms.

ecklund? kim? Mods? Help?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,955 Founders Club
    Passion said:

Not sure who is running these boards, but who determines which posts stay on the "Hardcore Husky Board," and which get relegated to one of the outer territories? I've seen some completely irrelevant shit (like the top post on this thread) hang around, while much more relevant topics get tossed into one of the backrooms.

ecklund? kim? Mods? Help?

Huh?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club
    ESPN has reached Kim GRINOLDSFS territory.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club

They're going overboard. They instruct guys like Screamin' A. Smith and Skip to be loud and opinionated, then suspend them for saying anything remotely controversial. Only a few kooks would take offense to any of those "incidents."
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    My Grandpappy always told me ..."never hit a lady....but if she hits you first she's no lady."
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    I am for ESPN and against domestic violence so I am alright with this.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    I like to suspend employees for something that happened before they worked for me. That's what I like to do.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169

Mad_Son said:

I am for ESPN and against domestic violence so I am alright with this.

I've always enjoyed your posts, but you have got to be fucking kidding me. It happened over 20 years ago. Who is for domestic violence? Most civilized people aren't. Suspending him is stupid and ESPN is shit. I don't get what is hard about this. I guess fuck Kellerman for being honest. Let's get our pitch forks out for anyone who did something stupid 20 years ago. What the fuck ever happened to forgiving someone instead of punishing them for mistakes 20 years later? It's insane.

It's so stupid that we justify what crimes are worse than others. If he talked about getting a DUI 20 years ago, nobody would flinch. He could have killed someone though! If he talked about knocking a small drunk guy unconscious, that would be fine, but an open handed slap to a woman, oh no the terror! Break a guy's nose, giving him pain and medical bills, fine. Slap a girl after she slapped you, get punished 20 years later.

Lastly, ESPN is a fucking joke. They are huge hypocrites. This is the same network that has Charlie Sheen, a noted drug addict and woman beater, host Baseball Tonight and they frequently feature Lil Wayne, another drug addict who frequently raps about "bitches" who suck his dick, glamorizes dealing drugs and murder, etc.
    I actually really dislike ESPN but had to have the juxtaposition. The point is if they have a personality who admits on air to doing something atrocious, they have a right to take a stand and say this is reprehensible, we don't support it, and just because it happened a long time ago we aren't going to just ignore it. If they have an employee who comes out and says they currently abuse their partner I would expect them to fire the person. Sure, they are huge hypocrites, but I'd rather they get something right once in a while instead of nothing right.