Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OFFICIAL DRAFT WINNERS AND LOSERS THREAD

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited March 2014

Winners
    My Pelicans- getting Jrue Holliday was the steal of this draft. When we redraft in 5 years no one will be better than Holliday. Plus his brother has purple pumping through his veins.

They now have Holliday, The Brow, Gordon and Ryan Anderson. Really like what they're doing. Playoff team for sure and if Gordon is healthy they can compete with anyone in the East besides my Pacers.

David Stern- his performance tonight was an A++, in full wwe mode, and we expect nothing less from the greatest sports commissioner of all time. He will be missed.

Losers- Whoever took Shabazz Muhammed. I forget who it was but he's garbage.

Celtics- picked up Kelly Olynyk and Gerald Wallace's terrible contract in the same night.

People who don't like the NBA- another generation of superstars join the ranks of the best league in the world. With the NFLs demise now imminent, because it is a barbaric sport that as a society we can longer tolerate, the NBA is poised to take over and become Americas game.

tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick

*BUMP* Remember this next time this fool says he is an expert on the NBA.
    Pressing.
    Your silence on saying the trade was great when at the time I said it was bad speaks volumes......
    Pressing.
    If someone pointed out that I claimed to be an NBA expert but didn't even know what conference a team is in then supported an awful trade. I'd have nothing too.
    I haven't been following this at all closely so I could be wrong, but link to APAG's quote?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

Winners
    My Pelicans- getting Jrue Holliday was the steal of this draft. When we redraft in 5 years no one will be better than Holliday. Plus his brother has purple pumping through his veins.

They now have Holliday, The Brow, Gordon and Ryan Anderson. Really like what they're doing. Playoff team for sure and if Gordon is healthy they can compete with anyone in the East besides my Pacers.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/TradeGrades-130627/nba-grading-trades-draft-night

ESPN disagrees giving them a D and the 76ers an A+.
    That's why you guys come to me for NBA info. That guy is a fucking idiot. He also gave the Timberwolves a B+ for a trade that netted them Shabazz Muhammed. Here's my warp projection for Muhammed in 3 years, ZERO, because he'll be out of the league.

The Moneyball approach that this guy jerks off to doesnt work in the NBA. All Stars win games not projected draft pick warp. There is a place for analytics in basketball but this guys using it wrong.
    Another way to claim expertise. There you go DNC.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Winners

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/TradeGrades-130627/nba-grading-trades-draft-night

That's why you guys come to me for NBA info. That guy is a fucking idiot. He also gave the Timberwolves a B+ for a trade that netted them Shabazz Muhammed. Here's my warp projection for Muhammed in 3 years, ZERO, because he'll be out of the league.

The Moneyball approach that this guy jerks off to doesnt work in the NBA. All Stars win games not projected draft pick warp. There is a place for analytics in basketball but this guys using it wrong.
    I thought we were talking about APAG?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

Winners

I thought we were talking about APAG?
    Some people need to learn the difference.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Winners

David Stern- his performance tonight was an A++, in full wwe mode, and we expect nothing less from the greatest sports commissioner of all time. He will be missed.

Losers- Whoever took Shabazz Muhammed. I forget who it was but he's garbage.

Celtics- picked up Kelly Olynyk and Gerald Wallace's terrible contract in the same night.

People who don't like the NBA- another generation of superstars join the ranks of the best league in the world. With the NFLs demise now imminent, because it is a barbaric sport that as a society we can longer tolerate, the NBA is poised to take over and become Americas game.

tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick

*BUMP* Remember this next time this fool says he is an expert on the NBA.
    Pressing.
    Your silence on saying the trade was great when at the time I said it was bad speaks volumes......
    Pressing.
    If someone pointed out that I claimed to be an NBA expert but didn't even know what conference a team is in then supported an awful trade. I'd have nothing too.
    If only there was someone on this board that constantly used pressing as a crutch that way that I could be mocking. If only.