Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Welcome back to big time football fans

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,736 Founders Club
Rick was the last coach to engender mass psychosis about leaving even if lambo Dawgs hated him. He basically got fired for looking around and getting raises which is quite common really

People wanted Sark to get an offer. No one else was wanted at all.

James got offers all the time

None of us know DeBoer or what he wants

We just know he's good enough to be wanted

Gotta pay to play

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    Kiffin should be their #1 target. DeBoer top 3 or 4 for sure, but SEC teams fire coaches that are winning if they don't recruit "the right way". See Mullens at Florida or the Boise guy from Auburn that took Saban into 4 OT or whatever it was.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited January 11
    Regardless, anyone who takes the job is gone in < 3.5 years.

Never follow the legend, follow the guy that followed the legend and got fired for not reaching impossible standards and/or stepping on the old guards toes.

Its why it always felt like Lanning Sark Lane is the perfect fit, arrogant enough to think they can do it just as good.

DeBoer and everyone around him loves telling the story about how his AD at Soux Falls had to push him out because he was too good for them and DeBoer is just a humble hard working guy...
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    I think DeBoer’s end game is to win at every level so I think he ends up in the NFL someday.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

PurpleJ said:

I think DeBoer’s end game is to win at every level so I think he ends up in the NFL someday.

So he could also end up at O'Dea
    put him on the UW softball staff too while we are at it
  • Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 992
    DeBoer should have been Bama's No. 1 guy from the get-go.

Our only hope at this point may be that he's continuing to leverage other job openings to help he and his $taff and (most importantly) force UW's administration to go all-in on football, e.g. quit forcing the Athletic Department/Boosters to pay for the stadium renovation.

Can't see KDB sticking around (nor should he) if UW's commitment to winning is closer to UCLA than those at Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Oregon and any other school with aspirations of competing in the top tier of the B1G

If DeBoer leaves and UW's administration still provides the same financial pledge to the program's infrastructure, that would the best consolation prize we could hope for
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,921 Swaye's Wigwam

Our only hope at this point may be that he's continuing to leverage other job openings to help he and his $taff and (most importantly) force UW's administration to go all-in on football, e.g. quit forcing the Athletic Department/Boosters to pay for the stadium renovation.

Can't see KDB sticking around (nor should he) if UW's commitment to winning is closer to UCLA than those at Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Oregon and any other school with aspirations of competing in the top tier of the B1G

If DeBoer leaves and UW's administration still provides the same financial pledge to the program's infrastructure, that would the best consolation prize we could hope for

Jesus, we’re already bargaining
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

So he could also end up at O'Dea
    DeBoer to the Seattle Storm hardy har har
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,314
    Cannot let DeBoer go, he’s a generational coach for UW
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,772 Founders Club

We? have been kicked in the sack so many times as a fanbase that we? need to prepare for the worst.
    It was fun while it lasted

Hardcore Husky site motto for '24?
    Start ordering the '24 money grab beer glasses.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,921 Swaye's Wigwam

We? have been kicked in the sack so many times as a fanbase that we? need to prepare for the worst.
    I’m prepared for the worst. I’m counting on it.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,319 Swaye's Wigwam
    To make matters worse I feel like there's a decent chance this leaked out after Saban got knocked out and may have got to the team and coaches. Something seemed off about the team Monday and the game plan seemed supremely half assed.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,772 Founders Club
    When you thought the 2016 Peach Bowl was bad, Saban found a new way to fuck UW football. This can prove be cataclysmic and not in a poetic sense.