Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2024]

Comments

• Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Arizona’s gonna with Dion Warwick and friends singing “That’s what friends are for” as their 3rd quarter hype song.
    That’s what friends are for > Purple Rain
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Is our entire sales pitch that our stadium is by a lake?

it is a good angle, but shouldn't be the only angle...

NIL opportunities
    Dawgs in the NFL - we don't seem to highlight this one enough
    Seattle as a cosmopolitan city (as opposed to middle of buttfuck no where like many universities, 95% white)
    Ratings / great fanbase when the team is good -- can own a large city with a resurgence
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,579
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    gmo said:

Is our entire sales pitch that our stadium is by a lake?

it is a good angle, but shouldn't be the only angle...

NIL opportunities
    Dawgs in the NFL - we don't seem to highlight this one enough
    Seattle as a cosmopolitan city (as opposed to middle of buttfuck no where like many universities, 95% white)
    Ratings / great fanbase when the team is good -- can own a large city with a resurgence
    Fischs’ connections with the NFL. If Pete Carrol, Sean McVay, the Zac Taylor and the Philly GM are going to be at the spring game then that’s a pretty decent selling point, especially if it’s a huge recruiting weekend.
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

EJ and KamFab reaffirmed they're Dawgs.

That's huge. Those two are legit starters.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    Swaye's Wigwam

Where was that one posted?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

EJ played out of his mind down the stretch and Kam played well too.

Good news.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Devon Banks reaffirmed. Appears we have a secondary coach doing work.

If Banks can stay healthy he should be CB2 opposite of Jackson.

If Asa comes back that secondary should be pretty good in pass pro.

Bruener and Tuputala are solid backers with a ton of experience. Tuputala needs to be more aggressive in run support and will get subbed out regularly. Bruener should stay on the field as much as possible.

Defense will hinge on the d line. Voi, Heims, Durfee, Holtzclaw on the edges is intriguing and has potential.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 22
    Canadawg said:

Im scared of EJ but he does some good things..Banks looked like an actual DB so I'm more excited for him personally

Jackson was legitimately playing as well as Jabbar down the stretch.

Oregon, Texas, Michigan all struggled throwing the football for most of the game against our secondary.

We need to buy some big DTs in the portal. We have 2 incoming that are legitimately good. All the depth on the roster is more or less unproven. Bandes maybe? I think I saw somewhere he might be done just like Faatui.

I guess it depends on how the Parker brothers pan out, along with a few recruits who were buried in the depth chart that have never sniffed the field. We need at least one more stud DT and ideally another rotational guy from the portal, IMO.

Biggest question mark on the entire roster for me. OL being second.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 22
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

If EJ is our #1 then we suck.

If prysock comes here and EJ is our #2 then we still suck.

We must’ve been watching different games “down the stretch” but I’ve never claimed to be a film buff.

All the other guys coming back plus Shaw is great.

Prysock and a starting level safety and the secondary will have more than enough to choose from to be better than last year. It’ll also be interesting to see the scheme ran (once we have a DC) and which guys bail due to it not matching their skill set.

Not nearly as high on our defense as some in this thread.

Not a fan of ej because he couldn't tackle in space. He should be more of a depth guy.

Breuner is our only playmaker at linebacker.

Our safeties right now. Yikes. Kamfab is fine but there is nothing else of note.

Prysock played corner I thought at zona so i'm interested to see if he comes or not.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Looks like EJs tweet went poof
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,579
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can none of the DB's that have been recruited play? Are they all shit? It is possible that one or two of them might end up being good. Dunn, Presley, Reed, Bryant are all still on the roster. RS freshman DB's can take a jump. Not saying they will but to dismiss them like they don't exist seems a bit premature. They were all playing behind 4th, 5th and 6th year players on a title worthy team. LIPO on the young guys
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,971
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can none of the DB's that have been recruited play? Are they all shit? It is possible that one or two of them might end up being good. Dunn, Presley, Reed, Bryant are all still on the roster. RS freshman DB's can take a jump. Not saying they will but to dismiss them like they don't exist seems a bit premature. They were all playing behind 4th, 5th and 6th year players on a title worthy team. LIPO on the young guys

Trial by fire.

Someone mentioned Dunn taking people heads off so I’m excited.

Banks is better than Jackson IMO.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I forgot about Dunn. He is someone that could be good.

With the young corners, the fact they didn't get any run when we had a revolving door of whoever didn't get burned between Dixon and EJ is a little concerning. That position was a very weak link on the defense last year.

Also don't think the coaching at that position was great. Apparently neither did DeBoer because he never extended juice but did everyone else if I remember correctly. They still have hope.

• Options
    CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 278
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

Looks like EJs tweet went poof

Must read the board.