Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Random Thoughts

2»

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Asa was predictably terrible.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Here's a random thought...

UW started classes on Jan 3. Michigan started on Jan 10.

How much does this make a difference? Imagine being on a football team and you don't have to worry about homework and going to class. You can completely 100% focus on the national championship game. Does that make a difference? Should UW adjust it's scheduling?

If I didn’t worry about the first week of classes when I was at UW, I doubt any of the players are.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,998
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

I’m sure it’s been noticed and mentioned by all, but at the game last night I had a different viewpoint than most other games. (I was up much higher, and was way more sober for some reason).

I knew it was an issue before, but yesterday is was really pounded home how slow our defense is. There is very little high caliber D1 talent anywhere in the D backfield especially.

Watching the CB and safety have an angle on the big runs and not even get a hand on the guy as he cruises by was painful to watch.

Coaching up 3 stars is great. But Deboner really needs to upgrade the raw talent.

You can do more with more. Put it in my fucking tombstone.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Asa was inexcusably bad

Door. Ass. Out.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Asa fucking sucks.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,871
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Here's a random thought...

UW started classes on Jan 3. Michigan started on Jan 10.

How much does this make a difference? Imagine being on a football team and you don't have to worry about homework and going to class. You can completely 100% focus on the national championship game. Does that make a difference? Should UW adjust it's scheduling?

None of them were doing any school work, be serious
    But they have to attend class. When I was in college, we had homework the first week. always.

Not looking for excuses, but we had so much time off before Texas, and then players had to attend class and do homework during the week leading up to Michigan... And that's after getting used to having all that time off.

I think it matters. Maybe not a lot. But still....
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    First week rarely has much going on. Lot of syllabus review and go to your section for half the period then leave. This is a non-issue.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Canadawg said:

Alexis said:

I’m sure it’s been noticed and mentioned by all, but at the game last night I had a different viewpoint than most other games. (I was up much higher, and was way more sober for some reason).

I knew it was an issue before, but yesterday is was really pounded home how slow our defense is. There is very little high caliber D1 talent anywhere in the D backfield especially.

Watching the CB and safety have an angle on the big runs and not even get a hand on the guy as he cruises by was painful to watch.

Coaching up 3 stars is great. But Deboner really needs to upgrade the raw talent.

Completely agree. As much as people are taking about other areas not playing well last night the DBs and LBs athleticism cost the game ultimately even though they played pretty after the 1st quarter.

Jackson, Dixon, Tupitala, Powell, Hampton all had clunky movement that cost them on plays.

I hope Asa returns. He's not ELITE but he raises the floor. Becky London might be the best DB on the field next year. Pay Muhammad. Banks had sizzle and I have hope for him.
    JFC some of you are really pushing me into making another Asa sucks manifesto gif post that I really dont want to make...
    Do they have 4 safeties better than him next year? It's not about how good they are it's about who their replacement would be. Ooga booga Asa bad is an old trope
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I attended almost every class at UW. I didn't take Basket Weaving in the Rain 100 or Sociology 101 though.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

Houhusky said:

Canadawg said:

Alexis said:

Completely agree. As much as people are taking about other areas not playing well last night the DBs and LBs athleticism cost the game ultimately even though they played pretty after the 1st quarter.

Jackson, Dixon, Tupitala, Powell, Hampton all had clunky movement that cost them on plays.

I hope Asa returns. He's not ELITE but he raises the floor. Becky London might be the best DB on the field next year. Pay Muhammad. Banks had sizzle and I have hope for him.
    JFC some of you are really pushing me into making another Asa sucks manifesto gif post that I really dont want to make...
    Do they have 4 safeties better than him next year? It's not about how good they are it's about who their replacement would be. Ooga booga Asa bad is an old trope
    They swung and missed in the portal. He may be the best we have unfortunately.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

Houhusky said:

Canadawg said:

Alexis said:

If there is a safety on the roster right now worse than Asa they should be cut.

Safeties on teams in the MWC/Pac2 are better. Its the free transfer NIL era... just bring in 4 bodies, 2 HS recruits and find a guy

I am not even convinced Asa is even a D1 player.... There are multiple safeties from real schools like Alabama and Texas, let alone small time school you can just steal guys from. Its not hard.