Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A catalog of failure before I'm too drunk to remember:

1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,307
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
1.) On 2nd and 14, Washington appears to have a stop behind the line of scrimmage, but Tunuufi covers the same gap as both the DT and LB for some reason, and Michigan opens the scoring with a 42 yard run.

2.) Washington with an attempt to tie, 3rd and goal, Penix overthrows the crossing route in the end zone by a full yard instead of giving the receiver a chance.

3.) 2nd and 7 Michigan, they throw play action (I am not exaggerating when I called run/pass and the direction for every play of Michigan's first three drives), and Asa Turner runs up to cover... nobody? The pass goes right over him to the receiver for a big gain. Even in real time, ball in the air, I'm asking, "Where the hell is he going!?"

4.) Two plays later, defense is not set at the snap, gives up 48 yard TD run to the same damned guy as the first 42 yard TD run.

5.) Third and 5, you throw a two-yard pass. I love McMillan, but the next time he breaks a tackle will be the first. Stupid, scared fucking shit.

6.) Fast forward, fourth down and 7, Penix misses Rome Odunze, who is not within 10 yards of a single defender. From TD to turnover on downs in one unpressured mistake.

7.) Throw post corner to McMillan and draw PI. Rome is wide open on crossing route for TD if he beats one blocked guy.

8.) Puss out in and-goal and keep running a hobbled running back instead of throwing. Score anyway, lucky break.

That was just the first half.

Washington gave up basically 7 points in the first half that weren't directly handed to Michigan by the Washington offense. From mid-second quarter on, the Washington defense was the better of the two units. The wefs ignored downfield holding and called ticky-tack shit on the Huskies, but the WAY bigger picture was just that--and this is the part that pains me the most--all of the fucking talking heads were exactly right about what would happen: Washington would either play from ahead or lose. Michigan's running game would control clock and push Washington's shit in. Washington would struggle with Michigan's pressure and coverage. ALL of that ended up being true. All of those fucking assholes on TV that talked shit for six straight days can drag their balls over our collective faces until kickoff next season because they were absolutely nails in their analysis.

Bottom line, Washington's defense was poorly prepared. They clearly had the horses to get the job done, because they did after the first 17 minutes or so. Unfortunately, that was too late, and they'd put the offense in a 14 point hole.

The offense was also poorly prepared. They played scared early, let Michigan dictate the terms the whole game, and fucked up EVERY opportunity for a momentum play. They didn't have a running game at all to take pressure off the passing game, and for the fourth time this season they didn't have a hero quarterback to just "make it happen." Michigan fucked with his head, and he was WAY off tonight. And to those wanting them to just air it out all game, Michigan was playing deep zone most of the game. The first time they had Odunze in single coverage, he fell on his own face while trying to shake past the corner. The second time was the big 4th down miss. Two more were overthrows. Ticky-tack hold. Etc.

Washington has played like a pile of dog shit the day after a rainstorm at least four times this year. They were undefeated because they got lucky and those games only happened against their worst opponents. I was weirdly confident in this game because of past performance: "Michigan is good, so Washington will be in top form. Just like they were against Oregon 2.0 and Texas. Just like the offense was vs. USC." The only thing that had me nervous was the possibility of correlation not equaling causation. What if it was just a lucky streak of laying your eggs at the right time? What if they pulled out an Apple Cup performance against a team like Michigan?

That. That's what happens.

It's so fucking painful to have to say that Jake Fucking Harbaugh outcoached DeBoer. He did, though. He beat DeBoer with a shit QB and not a single receiver that will sniff an NFL roster, and DeBoer had at least 9 NFL guys on his offense. They played with fire all season, and they finally got burned. Is what it is.

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We had some coaching blunders for sure. Not sure that I would say Harbaugh out coached Deboer. Harbaugh built this team through recruiting, exactly how he wanted this team to be built. He knows how to build a team. I think he’s a good game day coach, but not elite. You want a coach that can be a GM though, Harbaugh will do that.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,551
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Roman Wilson will be on an NFL roster.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    1. You couldn’t handle Michigan up front and Penix shit down his leg under pressure.

That’s basically it.

Penix is a GREAT college QB with an organized pocket. He’s average at best under pressure.

They gonna let Rosengarten on the plane home?
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,987
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    UW played with fire all season long and managed to get to the Natty. A helluva season but an incredibly anti-climactic way to end it.

DeBoer needs to re-evaluate the staff on both sides and bring in more depth. Same as it ever fucking was.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    biak1 said:

UW played with fire all season long and managed to get to the Natty. A helluva season but an incredibly anti-climactic way to end it.

DeBoer needs to re-evaluate the staff on both sides and bring in more depth. Same as it ever fucking was.

Legitmately Morrrel needs help (atleast) on defense, espcially with recruiting

Grubb needs a tedford like "consultant"
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    biak1 said:

Same was said about Pete. Let’s see if DeBoer levels up.
  • Options

thechatch said:

1. You couldn’t handle Michigan up front and Penix shit down his leg under pressure.

That’s basically it.

Penix is a GREAT college QB with an organized pocket. He’s average at best under pressure.

Fuck off with this Rosie slander.

Yeah he played poorly but I love that guy.
    6 penalties.

Woof.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,987
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

biak1 said:

This is what I’m afraid of.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

That’s basically it.

I'm a pretty shitty blocker, so that checks out.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,915
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

biak1 said:

DeBoer played in the Natty in year 2.

Pete went 4-5 in the Pac in Year 2.

Christ.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

1.) On 2nd and 14, Washington appears to have a stop behind the line of scrimmage, but Tunuufi covers the same gap as both the DT and LB for some reason, and Michigan opens the scoring with a 42 yard run.

2.) Washington with an attempt to tie, 3rd and goal, Penix overthrows the crossing route in the end zone by a full yard instead of giving the receiver a chance.

3.) 2nd and 7 Michigan, they throw play action (I am not exaggerating when I called run/pass and the direction for every play of Michigan's first three drives), and Asa Turner runs up to cover... nobody? The pass goes right over him to the receiver for a big gain. Even in real time, ball in the air, I'm asking, "Where the hell is he going!?"

4.) Two plays later, defense is not set at the snap, gives up 48 yard TD run to the same damned guy as the first 42 yard TD run.

5.) Third and 5, you throw a two-yard pass. I love McMillan, but the next time he breaks a tackle will be the first. Stupid, scared fucking shit.

6.) Fast forward, fourth down and 7, Penix misses Rome Odunze, who is not within 10 yards of a single defender. From TD to turnover on downs in one unpressured mistake.

7.) Throw post corner to McMillan and draw PI. Rome is wide open on crossing route for TD if he beats one blocked guy.

8.) Puss out in and-goal and keep running a hobbled running back instead of throwing. Score anyway, lucky break.

Washington gave up basically 7 points in the first half that weren't directly handed to Michigan by the Washington offense. From mid-second quarter on, the Washington defense was the better of the two units. The wefs ignored downfield holding and called ticky-tack shit on the Huskies, but the WAY bigger picture was just that--and this is the part that pains me the most--all of the fucking talking heads were exactly right about what would happen: Washington would either play from ahead or lose. Michigan's running game would control clock and push Washington's shit in. Washington would struggle with Michigan's pressure and coverage. ALL of that ended up being true. All of those fucking assholes on TV that talked shit for six straight days can drag their balls over our collective faces until kickoff next season because they were absolutely nails in their analysis.

Bottom line, Washington's defense was poorly prepared. They clearly had the horses to get the job done, because they did after the first 17 minutes or so. Unfortunately, that was too late, and they'd put the offense in a 14 point hole.

The offense was also poorly prepared. They played scared early, let Michigan dictate the terms the whole game, and fucked up EVERY opportunity for a momentum play. They didn't have a running game at all to take pressure off the passing game, and for the fourth time this season they didn't have a hero quarterback to just "make it happen." Michigan fucked with his head, and he was WAY off tonight. And to those wanting them to just air it out all game, Michigan was playing deep zone most of the game. The first time they had Odunze in single coverage, he fell on his own face while trying to shake past the corner. The second time was the big 4th down miss. Two more were overthrows. Ticky-tack hold. Etc.

Washington has played like a pile of dog shit the day after a rainstorm at least four times this year. They were undefeated because they got lucky and those games only happened against their worst opponents. I was weirdly confident in this game because of past performance: "Michigan is good, so Washington will be in top form. Just like they were against Oregon 2.0 and Texas. Just like the offense was vs. USC." The only thing that had me nervous was the possibility of correlation not equaling causation. What if it was just a lucky streak of laying your eggs at the right time? What if they pulled out an Apple Cup performance against a team like Michigan?

It's so fucking painful to have to say that Jake Fucking Harbaugh outcoached DeBoer. He did, though. He beat DeBoer with a shit QB and not a single receiver that will sniff an NFL roster, and DeBoer had at least 9 NFL guys on his offense. They played with fire all season, and they finally got burned. Is what it is.

It was a basic Husky football game for 3/4 of it. This describes every game of the year almost.

Despite everything UW was about to tie and probably win that game if the Rome catch doesn't get called back.

Michigan's run game was great for a quarter.

The rest was gifted by shit offense and bad calls.
  • Options

It was a basic Husky football game for 3/4 of it. This describes every game of the year almost.

Despite everything UW was about to tie and probably win that game if the Rome catch doesn't get called back.

If not for that one holding penalty you would have won instead of getting blown out. 👍
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    thechatch said:

If not for that one holding penalty you would have won instead of getting blown out. 👍
    You should know.
  • Options

thechatch said:

You should know.
    Sure.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

biak1 said:

DeBoer played in the Natty in year 2.

Pete went 4-5 in the Pac in Year 2.

Christ.
    You may have missed my point. Pete was a loyal guy who may have relied too heavily on yes men. I don’t know about DeBoer. It’s seems obvious Pete got burnt out and his passion wasn’t rekindled in the way he’d hoped by coming to UW. Also, at his stage in his career he didn’t seem ready to embrace the changes and opportunities NIL has brought. DeBoer has excelled with this. But I believe his ceiling is capped if he’s unwilling or unable to make staff improvements.

DeBoer’s record at UW is remarkable. But joining the Big Ten will necessitate improving the staff. That’s what I mean by level up.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    Founders Club

thechatch said:

That’s basically it.

Fuck off with this Rosie slander.

Yeah he played poorly but I love that guy.
    Uh yeah he went Barret Robbins in Tiajuana before playing Tampa Bay in the Super Bowel
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So you're saying the Huskies' path to a championship is playing ASU or the Coug in the finals?... I think that's kind of my whole point, right? Michigan had zero turnovers, one drop after it didn't matter, started fast on both sides of the ball, and controlled the game. Huskies played a game like they were lined up against Oregon State or something. They needed to start like they did against Texas or Oregon. They didn't.

Rome got to the 27 with that catch. They couldn't punch it in from the 10; took four downs to get it in from the 8; and the previous five drives were one-play INT, field goal, five and out, five and out, three and out. It's just automatic that they'd score a touchdown there? Even if they were to score there, the offense was broken at that point. Penix was hurt and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

The wefs? Jesus. Hit wide open receivers, catch 3rd down balls that hit you right in your hands, and take the wefs out of it.

Michigan was just better. It wasn't our day.
  • Options
    @Kingdome_Urinals is going through it right now….😂