Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A catalog of failure before I'm too drunk to remember:

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited January 9

It was a basic Husky football game for 3/4 of it. This describes every game of the year almost.

So you're saying the Huskies' path to a championship is playing ASU or the Coug in the finals?... I think that's kind of my whole point, right? Michigan had zero turnovers, one drop after it didn't matter, started fast on both sides of the ball, and controlled the game. Huskies played a game like they were lined up against Oregon State or something. They needed to start like they did against Texas or Oregon. They didn't.

Despite everything UW was about to tie and probably win that game if the Rome catch doesn't get called back.

Rome got to the 27 with that catch. They couldn't punch it in from the 10; took four downs to get it in from the 8; and the previous five drives were one-play INT, field goal, five and out, five and out, three and out. It's just automatic that they'd score a touchdown there? Even if they were to score there, the offense was broken at that point. Penix was hurt and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
    Michigan's run game was great for a quarter.

The rest was gifted by shit offense and bad calls.

Doesn't matter whose better, just who has more points. Michigan was playing like shit for a while despite dominating in the first quarter.

UW didn't deserve to win but they still could have pretty deep into the 4th q.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is true. The Huskies had the ball with a chance to tie. FIVE TIMES! Once in the first half and four in the second. Even as late as 10:00 left, the offense had the ball down one score. Enough failures to do anything with it had me turning to the room and saying, "They can only give Michigan so many chances. This is on the offense for not putting pressure on." Michigan marched it right down and put it away.

Down one score early in the fourth, I was still thinking, "These retards are going to do their thing and win, aren't they?" Then they didn't. You can't get away with having yet another "off night" against a team that's actually good. The two were going to align eventually, sad it had to happen tonight.

A universe exists in which Washington takes the ball first, drives down and scores a TD, it's Michigan that's in "oh shit" mode instead of Washington, Penix doesn't shrivel, and it's a different outcome.

But that's loser talk. In this universe, Michigan just inserted the plunger in the same way UW inserted the plunger to Oregon and Texas yet only won close both times, thus kind of masking the fact (worse so, as Michigan put boot to throat in the end and left no doubt).
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

This is true. The Huskies had the ball with a chance to tie. FIVE TIMES! Once in the first half and four in the second. Even as late as 10:00 left, the offense had the ball down one score. Enough failures to do anything with it had me turning to the room and saying, "They can only give Michigan so many chances. This is on the offense for not putting pressure on." Michigan marched it right down and put it away.

Down one score early in the fourth, I was still thinking, "These retards are going to do their thing and win, aren't they?" Then they didn't. You can't get away with having yet another "off night" against a team that's actually good. The two were going to align eventually, sad it had to happen tonight.

A universe exists in which Washington takes the ball first, drives down and scores a TD, it's Michigan that's in "oh shit" mode instead of Washington, Penix doesn't shrivel, and it's a different outcome.

But that's loser talk. In this universe, Michigan just inserted the plunger in the same way UW inserted the plunger to Oregon and Texas yet only won close both times, thus kind of masking the fact (worse so, as Michigan put boot to throat in the end and left no doubt).
    Lol, I've talked like this for 14 straight wins before tonight. It's winner talk.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,304
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 9
    I hate to quote long posts because we all hate scrolling so I'll try it this way.

@1to392831weretaken

Don't burn that Michigan oil too hot. They were very good, no doubt, as expected for a team in the national championship. The UW offense lost this game and it's not because of Michigan's D. Imagine the thought process behind running an injured RB on 1st and 10 over and over. I love getting 5 yards running on first down when it works but this was not the game for that and it was clear early. What with a broken running back and all. We completely ignored the advantage we had for much of the game and I don't want to hear about deep zone. Let your best ball players make plays. We didn't do that tonight. We didn't give them a chance. Hand the ball off to Rome for fuck snakes. Instead we forced the run in 10+ yard to go situations with a broken running back and played scared in the passing game. I don't understand it. Grubb lost this one imo. Just too many stubborn wasted calls that yielded nothing, especially on early downs. Credit the Michigan defense for taking advantage of our wasted plays and forcing us into make or break situations. Someday I'll look at our playcalls on first down tonight but it might take a while to prep my asshole.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,580
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I love this what if bullshit.

Y’all win 10 games by a single score this year.

10/10

You were in a close game against a very good team and got your doors blown the duck off in winning time.

Stop with this coulda woulda shoulda shit. You should have lost to ASU at home.

You should have lost to Oregon at home.

It finally caught up to you.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 9

thechatch said:

10/10

You were in a close game against a very good team and got your doors blown the duck off in winning time.

Your parents talk shit about you when you’re not around.

Pfff, his mom abandoned him the second opportunity knocked. There was no dad.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

10/10

You have nearly 5,000 posts here. I'm nearly awestruck.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,091
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

From mid-second quarter on, the Washington defense was the better of the two units.

Oh come on, one of them was facing perhaps the best offense in the nation and the other one was defending 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Big ups to the UW defense for sure but, like we say...
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dtd said:

From mid-second quarter on, the Washington defense was the better of the two units.

Oh come on, one of them was facing perhaps the best offense in the nation and the other one was defending 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Big ups to the UW defense for sure but, like we say...

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,595
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Michigan’s offense was so terrible UW had the ball down a score with 10 minutes somehow but Uw threw a fucking pick on the first fucking play of the second half after stealing all momentum. Tybo actually had an excellent break up on the play too
  • Options
    Founders Club

thechatch said:

10/10

Tells UW fans to stop with the woulda coulda should talk.

Proceeds to say in the next fucking sentence that UW shoulda lost to Oregon at home.

Can't make up the retardation of the Ducks on this board.
    I propose that no one ever responds to anything he says for the rest of time. Guess what will happen?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 9

Michigan’s offense was so terrible UW had the ball down a score with 10 minutes somehow but Uw threw a fucking pick on the first fucking play of the second half after stealing all momentum. Tybo actually had an excellent break up on the play too

I had to replied literally almost a thousand mad Michigans mad as about what I sayin their shit was overrated and I had to go hay I meant ur offense! I felt so dumb.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,539
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

@Kingdome_Urinals is going through it right now….😂

🥱

0-3.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

10/10

Thank God for Ducks because I’ve seen some pretty shitty takes from Dawg fans this morning, and somehow this retard still had the worst!
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,580
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

10/10

You have nearly 5,000 posts here. I'm nearly awestruck.
    Not bad for ten years👍
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,539
    Swaye's Wigwam
    5k "nice thread guys" posts in the Tug.

Fat ugly loser is a fat ugly loser.