Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Washington vs. Michigan National Championship Game Thread

1333435363739»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    biak1 said:

Just Ohio State, Penn state, and Michigan. What could go wrong?

Don’t forget about Oregon and USC.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sandra6 said:

1991 dawgs would manhandle this team.

To actually be objective, a 7-6 team from 2023 would manhandle a national title team from 1991. And forget about a 14-1 team from 2023.

Do you know how much football has progressed in 32 years? The weightlifting techniques, game strategies, offensive and defensive schemes, amount of hours that both coaches and players are required to put in, etc.

For God’s sake, 3-6 years later, teams still couldn’t figure out how to stop the triple option enough to prevent Nebraska from winning 3 national titles with that now primitive offense in 4 years. Also look at what players weigh today vs in 1991.
    You don’t get to do that. Teams play in their own eras against who they line up against. The ‘91 Huskies were as dominant of a team as there ever was. If their personnel had the opportunity to prepare for current offense and defense, they would still be dominant.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,297
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 9
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Great to see that the fans didn’t turn on the team tonight. Feels like most know that they were outclassed and aren’t making any excuses.

And with the 12 team playoff next year, the Dawgs really only have to be the 2nd best team in the Conference to get there again. No pesky Stanfords or ASU’s to get by afterall.

I'm not turning on the team but I don't feel we were outclassed either. What fan category is this?
    Coog
    I will accept this burden for like a week and then I will nut up, hopefully.
  • Options
    BlueWeaselBlueWeasel Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Awesomes

On the bright side: at least I don’t live in Michigan and Phil Knight can’t possibly keep the reaper at bay much longer

I don’t think most Michigan grads live in Michigan.
    Michigan in fact is an excellent state with a lot going for it. Seattle and Washington in general has a bad vibe on account of the dreary weather hammering on a person's soul nearly 24/7.
    Just keeping it real.🤠👍
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

On the bright side: at least I don’t live in Michigan and Phil Knight can’t possibly keep the reaper at bay much longer

I don’t think most Michigan grads live in Michigan.
    Michigan in fact is an excellent state with a lot going for it. Seattle and Washington in general has a bad vibe on account of the dreary weather hammering on a person's soul nearly 24/7.
    Just keeping it real.🤠👍
    I wasn’t talking shit about the state. But, Michigan as a school has a far better reputation than it does as a state. I assumed that a high percentage move to Chicago, New York, San Francisco etc after graduation. I just read a pretty old stat that Michigan has like 500,000 living alumni and only 200,000 still live in the state.