Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Washington vs. Michigan National Championship Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,359
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

I’m not going to blame Penix, but he had all the opportunities tonight to ball, and he didn’t. Wide open receivers all over the field.

He had a really shitty game. But the defense put him in a bad position to begin with.

UW outcoached, outplayed. Michigan the better team.
    I don't know how you could say that. Defense gave him enough chance to tie the game or even ahead. He just couldn't make the play.
    Did you see those two long TD runs in the first quarter. I did. They were down two TDs before they could catch their breath.
    Ok, so only the first quarter mattered I guess. We might as well not play after they scored two touchdowns early on.
    Did you even read what I said? Are you saying the defense didn’t put him in a bad position to begin with? I agree he had a shitty game but the D didn’t help matters in the first quarter.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,875
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

1991 dawgs would manhandle this team.

This team was never close to them. I underestimated Meatchicken and bought into the hype after beating whOregon twice.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Looking at next years roster I think we will be lucky to make a bowl game.
  • Options
    houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 151
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Standard Supporter
    What a train wreck for our offense. Michigans defense was good, but not THIS GOOD. Questionable play calling, and no alpha dogs on offense.

Our defense kept us in it and our offense failed to do anything. I out this in Grubb, Penix, Odunze, Polk, Nixon
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,359
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

Game was over in the second quarter. Start of the third only confirmed it. DeBoer cost himself some money tonight (hopefully). Looking forward to what he can do without a generational talent at QB. Maybe out Grubb’s head on straight.

Incredibly disappointing and uncharacteristic performance to end the season. And also entirely expectable if you’ve been paying attention.

Penix wasnt Penix until DeBoer got him.
  • Options
    IslandDawgIslandDawg Member Posts: 60
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    As shown by astros and wolverines you should cheat to win
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

i disagree. Deboer is gonna be greased up
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

What a train wreck for our offense. Michigans defense was good, but not THIS GOOD. Questionable play calling, and no alpha dogs on offense.

Our defense kept us in it and our offense failed to do anything. I out this in Grubb, Penix, Odunze, Polk, Nixon

Yeah, the players fucked this up. Penix off, Nixon drops it.

Can't survive a fucking bad call in that situation.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,206
    Football is a physical game. We have some studs. Michigan has more.
  • Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 433
    On the bright side: at least I don’t live in Michigan and Phil Knight can’t possibly keep the reaper at bay much longer
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
    phineas said:

i disagree. Deboer is gonna be greased up
    not saying theyre winning a national championship next year or anything. but they arent going to struggle to win 6 games
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    edited January 9
    Hello Portal: I've got a HUGE order to place.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,258
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Penix left all his change in Louisiana. Not a single dime thrown tonight.

He lost millions tonight. Hope he has a career in the NFL.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Michigan shouldn't have even been bowl eligible, let be favored by the refs, cheating faggots, Michigan sure learned their lesson 🙄

That being said, what a sorry performance by the offense, refs didn't force all the overthrows/drops
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

On the bright side: at least I don’t live in Michigan and Phil Knight can’t possibly keep the reaper at bay much longer

I don’t think most Michigan grads live in Michigan.
  • Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sandra6 said:

Michigan was visibly the best team this year, except for possibly Georgia.

Our only chance at winning the championship was probably for Alabama to beat Michigan. Alabama had all sorts of bad games this year and we might have been able to beat them. But Michigan didn’t have any bad games this year except for the Alabama game, and Michigan wasn’t going to play that badly two games in a row.

They played some clunkers in the final 4 games.

I guess I forgot about the Maryland game, but Harbaugh wasn’t coaching that game and it probably wouldn’t have been competitive with him coaching. You can’t really call the Penn State and Ohio State games bad games due to the quality of competition, and I don’t think either game went that much down to the wire. The Alabama game was terrible as it actually played out, even though winning a close game over Alabama in theory shouldn’t be considered a bad game.

Alabama had clunkers vs opponents like 4-8 Arkansas, 7-6 Texas A&M, 6-7 Auburn and 7-6 AAC team South Florida, and they lost by 10 points to Texas, who UW beat. Alabama also honestly looked like a #20 team vs Michigan even when Alabama was leading by 7 points in the game. They would have been an easier opponent than Michigan.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Losing to a good team is one thing but the elite offence just getting embarrassed is tough to take. Sloppy and tight. Oline played terrible and that affected everyone else