Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Are we all in agreement?

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,435
    edited January 3
    Alexis said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don James wasn’t one to fuck up clock management.

I’m still mad.

On the bright side DeBoer won’t do that again.
    It wasn’t a one time thing. It’s been on display a lot this season.
    Was it that much different than running the clock out vs oregon? Everyone was jacking off to dj getting the first down in that game. They were giving the ball back without a first down and things got cataclysmic real fast.
    To me, it was different because DJ was killing Oregon all game. He got shut down by Texas. I had zero confidence we could run for a first down in that situation.
    The Sugar Bowl clock fuck up was on the previous possession. Our penultimate possession. We would have ended the game taking a knee but for that.

We also saw clock management malpractice in the Apple Cup and the Arizona game.
    Threw to ice the game against OSU. Great call

Missed it vs Texas. Horrible call

Went for it on 4th down in the first half, made it then scored a TD. Great call.

Went for it and got stuffed. Shitty call

Run for 1st down against Oregon ices game. Great call

Run on a play that needs 4 less yards against Texas and Johnson can’t get off the field for the first time all year. Shitty call.

Do I got this right?
    Do you understand the difference between calculated risk and recklessness?

Rhetorical question. Obviously.
  • HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,762 Swaye's Wigwam
    I mean it’s not even a discussion. There’s actually stakes involved in the Sugar Bowl game. At the end of the day, winning the 2000 Rose Bowl was nice, but not really anything on the line.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Clock management vs going for the kill shot. I believe there’s a way to do both but it feel like Apple Cup, Arizona game, 1st Oregon and the Sigar Bowl all had possessions were UW could’ve run some clock, pick up some yards and then get into possession for the kill shot.

DeBoer and Grubb want what they want though.

Think we have to accept the good with the bad a bit with these guys. They like to go for the jugular even when it ain't exactly prudent to do so. High risk/high reward big swinging donkey dick stuff. Certainly helps keep Ds on their heels and that effect is hard to quantify. It will bite us someday but I can't argue with the results thus far. Despite all that shit, it mostly was the DJ injury timeout and the punt catch interference that gave those cows a chance. Hard to blame coaches there (except taking knees wouldn't get a player hurt but I digress).

The jugular in the Sugar Bowl was making Texas choose whether to use its second timeout with 2:40 remaining or let the field goal be kicked with 2 minutes left. There was no benefit to passing there. Two score advantage whether we get a TD or a field goal. What COULD be accomplished was to bleed clock or force the second timeout.

Coaching malpractice.
    Get the fuck over it, dude. Was the clock management bad? Yes. Did we still win? Yes.

If it costs us the natty, we’ll all be losing our shit over it. Until then:

1. Find your wife
    2. Find a beach
    3. Take a walk
    4. Find some perspective
    5. Profit
    I’ll “get over it” when I see some sign the staff actually recognizes its clock management performance as a problem. I don’t like playing Russian Roulette with this team’s season.
    We've won multiple games because we played Spin the Cylinder. We ain't 14-0 without it.
    When your opponent is about to bleed out, you don’t offer him a tourniquet.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    HHusky said:

I’m still mad.

This is not surprising coming from you
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,105 Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Alexis said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’m still mad.

Was it that much different than running the clock out vs oregon? Everyone was jacking off to dj getting the first down in that game. They were giving the ball back without a first down and things got cataclysmic real fast.
    To me, it was different because DJ was killing Oregon all game. He got shut down by Texas. I had zero confidence we could run for a first down in that situation.
    The Sugar Bowl clock fuck up was on the previous possession. Our penultimate possession. We would have ended the game taking a knee but for that.

Went for it on 4th down in the first half, made it then scored a TD. Great call.

Run on a play that needs 4 less yards against Texas and Johnson can’t get off the field for the first time all year. Shitty call.

Do I got this right?

Sure. Throwing a 14 yard out in a monsoon on 3rd down in Corvallis was reckless.

Moron.
    Alexis said:

HHusky said:

Alexis said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’m still mad.

Do I got this right?

Sure. Throwing a 14 yard out in a monsoon on 3rd down in Corvallis was reckless.

Moron.
    Apparently there’s nothing this staff can ever do wrong. That’s very good news. Thanks for sharing.

HHusky said:

I’m still mad.

This is not surprising coming from you
    And?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    I will never forget the 3rd down out in Corvallis.

Well worth the shitty weather to watch that stadium fucking book it out after that.
    edited January 3

If anyone is still mad they lead a miserable and pathetic life at this point. 14-1 is no longer in play. Ride the wave. We have the best player in the history of the program/country this year and he is confident as hell going into the ncg. The wr's all think they're the best best players on the field. Our oline is nails. Live it up.

Make the smart call and not only do we still win with the ball in our hands, our best running back isn’t carted off the field.

The football gods punish stupid decisions.

I’m still mad. Rich, but still mad.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,694 Founders Club
    edited January 4
    Gawd, we can always count on you to show up with this well reasoned horse shit at just the right moment ~ we all fkn get it, there are just a few more subtleties that you are always unwilling to connect the dots on ~ hence your insane level of popularity on here… and it continues.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,694 Founders Club
    edited January 4

Since Penix threw over 70 percent for 430 yards H is left grasping for something to complain about

Complain all you want but the fact is that the magic of this team has been their belief and in the moment execution of dominant dick swinging behavior in the face of big moments.

I’m a believer in the magic of what we are seeing and have been for a while now… @HHusky for once, you might want to get current with the positive energy of the moment

Since Penix threw over 70 percent for 430 yards H is left grasping for something to complain about

Complain all you want but the fact is that the magic of this team has been their belief and in the moment execution of dominant dick swinging behavior in the face of big moments.

I’m a believer in the magic of what we are seeing and have been for a while now… @HHusky for once, you might want to get current with the positive energy of the moment

It’s not magic and dumb decisions often come back to bite.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,455 Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’m still mad.

Do I got this right?
    4th down call against Cuog as well.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,828 Swaye's Wigwam
    This threads gayer than my circle jerk thread.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,204 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 4
    HHusky said:

I know you're probably a staunch Husky supporter who just hasn't seen a hill they won't die on. I get it. Pride is a motherfucker. That being said, I vote that your championship ring be denied and given to someone more deserving, like your ex-wife or ex-husband. Either one.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,082 Founders Club

HHusky said:

Clock management vs going for the kill shot. I believe there’s a way to do both but it feel like Apple Cup, Arizona game, 1st Oregon and the Sigar Bowl all had possessions were UW could’ve run some clock, pick up some yards and then get into possession for the kill shot.

DeBoer and Grubb want what they want though.

Think we have to accept the good with the bad a bit with these guys. They like to go for the jugular even when it ain't exactly prudent to do so. High risk/high reward big swinging donkey dick stuff. Certainly helps keep Ds on their heels and that effect is hard to quantify. It will bite us someday but I can't argue with the results thus far. Despite all that shit, it mostly was the DJ injury timeout and the punt catch interference that gave those cows a chance. Hard to blame coaches there (except taking knees wouldn't get a player hurt but I digress).

The jugular in the Sugar Bowl was making Texas choose whether to use its second timeout with 2:40 remaining or let the field goal be kicked with 2 minutes left. There was no benefit to passing there. Two score advantage whether we get a TD or a field goal. What COULD be accomplished was to bleed clock or force the second timeout.

Coaching malpractice.
    Get the fuck over it, dude. Was the clock management bad? Yes. Did we still win? Yes.

If it costs us the natty, we’ll all be losing our shit over it. Until then:

1. Find your wife
    2. Find a beach
    3. Take a walk
    4. Find some perspective
    5. Profit
    WTF man? We're in a PANDEMIC. Stay home, stay safe.
    Dude has 8 boosters. What's he worried about?

HHusky said:

Alexis said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’m still mad.

Do I got this right?

See ??

HHusky said:

I know you're probably a staunch Husky supporter who just hasn't seen a hill they won't die on. I get it. Pride is a motherfucker. That being said, I vote that your championship ring be denied and given to someone more deserving, like your ex-wife or ex-husband. Either one.
    Terrible clock management is just part of the fun, apparently.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club

been thinking about it and penix in the sugar bowl was literally the best i’ve ever seen a qb throw the ball

I was in my car yesterday thinking about it and the only comparison I could think of was some of Mahomes' performances