Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Are we all in agreement?

Comments

• SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,969 Founders Club

been thinking about it and penix in the sugar bowl was literally the best i’ve ever seen a qb throw the ball

Even Texas fans were blown away, saying after the game that they couldn't believe their eyes
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

been thinking about it and penix in the sugar bowl was literally the best i’ve ever seen a qb throw the ball

His pocket awareness was pretty special
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,435

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don James wasn’t one to fuck up clock management.

I’m still mad.

On the bright side DeBoer won’t do that again.
    It wasn’t a one time thing. It’s been on display a lot this season.
    Through the entire 14-0?
    Yes.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’m still mad.

Was it that much different than running the clock out vs oregon? Everyone was jacking off to dj getting the first down in that game. They were giving the ball back without a first down and things got cataclysmic real fast.
    To me, it was different because DJ was killing Oregon all game. He got shut down by Texas. I had zero confidence we could run for a first down in that situation.
    The Sugar Bowl clock fuck up was on the previous possession. Our penultimate possession. We would have ended the game taking a knee but for that.

We also saw clock management malpractice in the Apple Cup and the Arizona game.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,313
    Case closed

Are we done here?
    edited January 3

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’m still mad.

It hadn’t burned him until now. That is the difference. You keep banging the skanks raw dwag until you pee razors.

Then you adjust unless you like peeing razors.
    We were tied instead of ahead at halftime of the Apple Cup because of it, for one example. We survived. Barely.

Mike Leach clock management behavior. Russian Roulette.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,000 Founders Club
    Clock management vs going for the kill shot. I believe there’s a way to do both but it feel like Apple Cup, Arizona game, 1st Oregon and the Sigar Bowl all had possessions were UW could’ve run some clock, pick up some yards and then get into possession for the kill shot.

DeBoer and Grubb want what they want though.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,809

It was glorious.

The missed TD to Culp seemed so perfect a through I had to believe Culp messed up his step. Penix is incredible.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,204 Swaye's Wigwam

Clock management vs going for the kill shot. I believe there’s a way to do both but it feel like Apple Cup, Arizona game, 1st Oregon and the Sigar Bowl all had possessions were UW could’ve run some clock, pick up some yards and then get into possession for the kill shot.

Think we have to accept the good with the bad a bit with these guys. They like to go for the jugular even when it ain't exactly prudent to do so. High risk/high reward big swinging donkey dick stuff. Certainly helps keep Ds on their heels and that effect is hard to quantify. It will bite us someday but I can't argue with the results thus far. Despite all that shit, it mostly was the DJ injury timeout and the punt catch interference that gave those cows a chance. Hard to blame coaches there (except taking knees wouldn't get a player hurt but I digress).

Think we have to accept the good with the bad a bit with these guys. They like to go for the jugular even when it ain't exactly prudent to do so. High risk/high reward big swinging donkey dick stuff. Certainly helps keep Ds on their heels and that effect is hard to quantify. It will bite us someday but I can't argue with the results thus far. Despite all that shit, it mostly was the DJ injury timeout and the punt catch interference that gave those cows a chance. Hard to blame coaches there (except taking knees wouldn't get a player hurt but I digress).

The jugular in the Sugar Bowl was making Texas choose whether to use its second timeout with 2:40 remaining or let the field goal be kicked with 2 minutes left. There was no benefit to passing there. Two score advantage whether we get a TD or a field goal. What COULD be accomplished was to bleed clock or force the second timeout.

Coaching malpractice.
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club
    haie said:

If we win this week, are the 2023 huskies the greatest Pac 8/10/12 team of all time?

(Excluding 2023 Oregon,of course)

15-0. Not even a debate. Only retards care about style points against mediocre/bad teams.
    Oregon/Nike/ESPN/Cowherd catching the ricochet shot.
    edited January 3
    HHusky said:

The jugular in the Sugar Bowl was making Texas choose whether to use its second timeout with 2:40 remaining or let the field goal be kicked with 2 minutes left. There was no benefit to passing there. Two score advantage whether we get a TD or a field goal. What COULD be accomplished was to bleed clock or force the second timeout.

Coaching malpractice.
    Yeah that pass on the 2nd to last possession goes without saying. A throw out of bounds, no less. Still, a first down there and it's game. I can disagree with passing and understand it at the same time. I have superpowers. I certainly didn't during the game though. I was a mere mortal that evening.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

Coaching malpractice.
    Get the fuck over it, dude. Was the clock management bad? Yes. Did we still win? Yes.

If it costs us the natty, we’ll all be losing our shit over it. Until then:

1. Find your wife
    2. Find a beach
    3. Take a walk
    4. Find some perspective
    5. Profit
    WTF man? We're in a PANDEMIC. Stay home, stay safe.
    Pandemic ended 5/11/23.

You can leave the house. You can live dangerously.

Just wash your hands.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,584 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

I’m still mad.

I almost like you better in the Tug… Almost

HHusky said:

Coaching malpractice.
    Get the fuck over it, dude. Was the clock management bad? Yes. Did we still win? Yes.

1. Find your wife
    2. Find a beach
    3. Take a walk
    4. Find some perspective
    5. Profit
    I’ll “get over it” when I see some sign the staff actually recognizes its clock management performance as a problem. I don’t like playing Russian Roulette with this team’s season.
    edited January 3
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Coaching malpractice.

1. Find your wife
    2. Find a beach
    3. Take a walk
    4. Find some perspective
    5. Profit
    I’ll “get over it” when I see some sign the staff actually recognizes its clock management performance as a problem. I don’t like playing Russian Roulette with this team’s season.
    We've won multiple games because we played Spin the Cylinder. We ain't 14-0 without it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,702 Founders Club
    Since Penix threw over 70 percent for 430 yards H is left grasping for something to complain about