Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,153
    topdawgnc: coaches :: Hugh Millen: Quarterbacks
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,556 Founders Club
    I get the idea, but at its core it's a meaningless stunt. Like he's not going to put the fucking logo back on the helmet at some point. That fan base will turn him into hanging fruit if he keeps them off and the players will eventually turn on him. I don't get motivated by a predictable ending.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Gary Barnett did this at CU back in the day. He then declared, "RTD: Return to Dominance," as that year's moto.

It didn't take NB fans an hour to start with "RTD = Return The Decals."

Gimmicks are fucking stoopid because they are for loosers like us.

Close the gates (Hi Pup) and get to fucking work
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    I'd like to see Texas continue to be pussies.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,799
    Reminds me of something John Mackovic would do. I'm not saying he's Mackovic so don't go twisting.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

I'd like to see Texas continue to be pussies.

I actually have high hopes for this hire. I grew up in Texas with a Longhorn parent and an Aggie parent, so I was always somewhere in the middle (and got out of it by going to UW), but over the last 6-7 years I became gradually more disillusioned by the arrogance of the Texas fanbase. The entitlement was palpable and really started building after the '05 natty. The flipside is that more winning will bring more entitlement, but having a black head coach shove it up all the boosters' asses would be pretty fun to watch.

What has become more sad is seeing TAMU transform itself after such a short time in the SEC. They seem to think that Manziel had nothing to do with their success and Sumlin will just plug another guy in. Never mind Manziel single handedly willing that mediocre team to probably 6 wins alone. This is playing out in a huge money grab (new stadium, facilities, etc) with no regard for those who have supported the program through the thick and thin. My dad gave up his seats of 35 years as a fuck you, and although I will really miss Kyle Field, I was proud of him.

That's probably as much as y'all want to hear about Texas CFB for now.
    I'm not a fan of either team, but it was sure fun to watch A&M with Manziel.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Is there a midget clutching a football who runs orangebloods going around telling everyone that Strong can't relate to "edgy" players?

Chip Brown?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,951 Founders Club
    He's a Ty Willingham kind of coach. He'll do for Texas what Ty did here. He doesn't have the resume to pull that shit off
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,799

I'm not a fan of either team, but it was sure fun to watch A&M with Manziel.

Honestly I think the most fun I've ever had watching a player. Yeah, he took insane chances, but when you have to put up 45 every week or you will lose, it's necessary. Also, he is absolutely fearless when playing from behind and was tough as shit. He almost beat Auburn with one arm if not for a terrible horsecollar no call. Still threw for 450 yards, 4TD's and was a fucking warrior.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,750 Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

I get the idea, but at its core it's a meaningless stunt. Like he's not going to put the fucking logo back on the helmet at some point. That fan base will turn him into hanging fruit if he keeps them off and the players will eventually turn on him. I don't get motivated by a predictable ending.

Black man don't win at Texas, he'll be hanging alright.

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,954 Swaye's Wigwam
    Always about the blacks(obligatory)?
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    In Strong's last two seasons at LV when they were ranked in the top 15, they were 26 and 44 by SRS. His resume seems really weak for a school like Texas. In three years Todd Graham is really going to try to get that job or the Texas A&M job. Sumlin will be exposed without Manziel.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,693 Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

I also grew up in Texas, and actually started college at UT, so they are my "second" team after Oregon. Strong's the right guy at the right time for Texas. That program was all about orange slices under Mack:

Dude in the picture is one of the ones that's been kicked off the team, incidentally.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11295756/texas-coach-charlie-strong-rebuilds-longhorns-way-espn-magazine

Free pub!