Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Peterman and Recruiting

13»

Comments

• Cuogar_GoldCuogar_Gold Member Posts: 360
    edited August 2014
    beelzebub said:

Petersen better learn to recruit for long haul he doesnt have luxury of gearing up for 1 game a year anymore. Mountain west recruits are gonna get him same results as Utah stepping into PAC 12. Too bad u chapstick ass kissers cant see that

Dude if you really are a coog fan you just make me fucking ashamed.

And if your just a TBS then thanks for showing me you don't watch the games. I lived in Boise for 3 years and went to roughly half the games. I got drunk the night they hired him, because it basically meant no more embarrassing UW in dreckfest apple cups.

Just get the fuck out of here.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited October 2020

Posted this a few weeks ago, but this thread seems like it needs it againif as it shows what RoadDawg is saying...

I am thrilled that someone put in the time and effort to make this graph, but I must admit that there is some bias to this information.

Over the years, Scout has drastically inflated their star system, either as a means to appraise the teen boys they stalk or to drive interest in their site because "oh hey, look, this kid is a 3*, that's awesome".

If you look back during the Gilby and Ty years, Scout ranked the top 50 as 5*s, top 300 as 4*s and top 1000 as 3*s. Now, you have a fuckton more 4*s and 3*s. For example, Isaiah Renfro, our 4* S/WR recruit, isn't listed in the top 300 for Scout. The last ranked S in the Top 300 is the #17 S. Renfro is #25. Under their old system, he'd be a 3*. But now, because Scout wants us to be excited for the kid, he's a 4*.

What's even worse are all the 3*s now. The top 1700 HS kids are ranked 3* by Scout. That's right. 1700 3*s. What the actual fuck. They inflated the ranks to add 700 new 3*s. The used to be only 700 3*s, now there's almost 1400 of them in Scout's database. How is the 207th best WR in the country a 3*? Or the 159th best DE? Or 135th best OLB? If you take these numbers and go back to Sark's 2010 class, all those 2*s would be 3*s now. Yes, Atoe would've been a 3* if he were a teen boy this year.

Again, this goes back to the tired argument that stars are fucking useless and the best way to gauge ability is to look at what the team needs and how the kid fits into the system. Or look at BCS offers, who knows.

Either way, Petersen knows what he's doing and the most important thing is that he has a staff that knows his system and knows what type of kids to recruit. Stars can go fuck themselves. Unless we get a 5* recruit. Then that'd be AWESOME!
    Back in the day it was a kid's offer sheet. This was from the mouth of a prominent husky coach. Now offers go out like junk mail. Means very little. The media has little clue If an offer is "committable". What a joke recruiting has become. It was fun to follow in the early Heckman days and before. Dudes with dawgman.com are speculating more than ever. Total crock o shit
    This might be Pup's most coherent and best football take ever.
    Hitting tough time nacho?? Looking for lil pick me up by bumping pumpy stuff
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited October 2020

Posted this a few weeks ago, but this thread seems like it needs it againif as it shows what RoadDawg is saying...

I am thrilled that someone put in the time and effort to make this graph, but I must admit that there is some bias to this information.

Over the years, Scout has drastically inflated their star system, either as a means to appraise the teen boys they stalk or to drive interest in their site because "oh hey, look, this kid is a 3*, that's awesome".

If you look back during the Gilby and Ty years, Scout ranked the top 50 as 5*s, top 300 as 4*s and top 1000 as 3*s. Now, you have a fuckton more 4*s and 3*s. For example, Isaiah Renfro, our 4* S/WR recruit, isn't listed in the top 300 for Scout. The last ranked S in the Top 300 is the #17 S. Renfro is #25. Under their old system, he'd be a 3*. But now, because Scout wants us to be excited for the kid, he's a 4*.

What's even worse are all the 3*s now. The top 1700 HS kids are ranked 3* by Scout. That's right. 1700 3*s. What the actual fuck. They inflated the ranks to add 700 new 3*s. The used to be only 700 3*s, now there's almost 1400 of them in Scout's database. How is the 207th best WR in the country a 3*? Or the 159th best DE? Or 135th best OLB? If you take these numbers and go back to Sark's 2010 class, all those 2*s would be 3*s now. Yes, Atoe would've been a 3* if he were a teen boy this year.

Again, this goes back to the tired argument that stars are fucking useless and the best way to gauge ability is to look at what the team needs and how the kid fits into the system. Or look at BCS offers, who knows.

Either way, Petersen knows what he's doing and the most important thing is that he has a staff that knows his system and knows what type of kids to recruit. Stars can go fuck themselves. Unless we get a 5* recruit. Then that'd be AWESOME!
    Back in the day it was a kid's offer sheet. This was from the mouth of a prominent husky coach. Now offers go out like junk mail. Means very little. The media has little clue If an offer is "committable". What a joke recruiting has become. It was fun to follow in the early Heckman days and before. Dudes with dawgman.com are speculating more than ever. Total crock o shit
    This might be Pup's most coherent and best football take ever.
    I only remember (a very small portion of) the tims he was wrong