Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

BO JACKSON 91 YARD RUN VS. SEAHAWKS - NOVEMBER 30, 1987

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I watched that game on TV. Was a big Seahawks fan back then and "hated" the Raiders. This game was a little devastating for young Baze. Bo ran over Boz later on in the game... Jackson was something else.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I watched that game on TV. Was a big Seahawks fan back then and "hated" the Raiders. This game was a little devastating for young Baze. Bo ran over Boz later on in the game... Jackson was something else.

This is also about the time I stopped liking the Seahawks. I thought Boz was awesome until Bo made a fool of him.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Same. My brother took down his “Land of Boz” poster after that shit show.
  • Options
    Founders Club

The hype leading up to that game was unreal.

I was Hoowking big-tim.
  • Options
    Founders Club

The hype leading up to that game was unreal.

I was Hoowking big-tim.
    Most people were. So many boys at my school got the Boz haircut.

My mother called Bosworth an overrated fraud and was furious when the Hawks drafted him. When Bo totally smoked him in that foot race she yelled at my father, “YOU SEE?!? I feel vindicated!”
    I didn't have the haircut, but I had the Gargoyle sunglasses. They weren't exactly the Boz glasses, though... just plain mirrored & they were a present from one of my brothers. I just remember they were expensive and a 17 year-old Bazey had no business wearing glasses like that.

CSB
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    My Dad hated Box from the start ergo I did as well. No mullet with blue and green streaks down the side for me. Let's just say Boz was a little too fast strategy for Dad's tastes.

In this case, he was FIRST and RIGHT.

Bo was special.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,120
    Founders Club
    I was big on the Boz wagon. I went out and bought his autobiography and read it in one day.

A Seattle radio station took the song La Bamba and turned it into La Bosworth
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Denver fans bought out the run of hate Boz tee shirts because Boz shit talked Elway

Boz got the money from the tee shirts. Legend of self promotion. Prime before Prime

There is a good 30 for 30 on him talking with his son about the Boz and Bosworth. Put a human face on him