Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Aaron Butler #70 ranked in ESPN 300 tells Deion to fuck off ...

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

He just got here. What a bitch. I hate that these kids run instead of battling through challenges and adversity. I’m generalizing here as I know some kids truly get in a bad situation and need to leave but still, fuck the kids.

He was more of a pushed out kid from what I’m hearing. Letting a ball go right through his hands that lead to a pick against Michigan state didn’t help
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He just got here. What a bitch. I hate that these kids run instead of battling through challenges and adversity. I’m generalizing here as I know some kids truly get in a bad situation and need to leave but still, fuck the kids.

Head case. Lyons to me was immature and I figured he’d bail if he didn’t find early success. Small sample size of data but Rashid looked more comfortable on the field in their extremely limited play.
    I would assume there is more to it. There is a lot of reps to be won next year. But he was clearly trying to get one of the LA schools to offer last year.
    We knew he'd leave at the first opportunity any CA school glanced his direction

He probably will be on the bench again here, so he might be looking for a team where he might start or be part of the regular rotation
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I'm assuming Aaron Butler has a higher ceiling, what do you TBS'ers think?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Yes!
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,175
    Founders Club

OreDawg said:

Eklund says the high school kid is an idiot. Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Would be a cancer in the locker room

Oh, and also, no making references to swear words on our board or you will be banned.

I think the major difference and benefit of deboer over Petersen is, with Deboer you can have a few dirtbags and the culture is strong enough with just enough underlying notes of dick swinging built in to make those guys fit in, with Petersen they had to avoid those guys or get rid of them, Marcus Peters, of the built for life culture falls apart.
    I’m sure there were quite a bit on Fresno and South Dakota. Those schools can’t be to critical about talent they take were they can get it
    Jerry Tarkanian ended his career as the Fresno coach.
    Chris Herrons autobiography is damn good. That guy was a a mega addict.
    I'm rolling with this rec. Don't let me down.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2023

He was more of a pushed out kid from what I’m hearing. Letting a ball go right through his hands that lead to a pick against Michigan state didn’t help
    If he was pushed out that would make sense. He is way more talented than Reynolds and it would be weird for a kid that's not going to be in high demand relative To the guys that have produced to go into the portal prior To the playoffs unless there's more to it.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

@Sources?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

I thought Lyons was one of the better prospects in the last class. Guess not lol.

I'll be right again some day. Just wait and see.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stalking butlers dad. If it’s dad’s call he’s all dawg based on who he’s liking and what he’s reposting. We’ll see.
    Kid looks ready to go based on size and stature. Not really a film buff so can’t give my two cents on that one.
  • Options
    chuck said:

HFNY said:

I thought Lyons was one of the better prospects in the last class. Guess not lol.

I'll be right again some day. Just wait and see.
    Of the 3 freshman wr's he was the one the staff thought was the most ready go. He was next up after Boston on the depth chart. Then he wasn't. Maybe he strangled his position coach or something.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,114
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

If he was pushed out that would make sense. He is way more talented than Reynolds and it would be weird for a kid that's not going to be in high demand relative To the guys that have produced to go into the portal prior To the playoffs unless there's more to it.
    I heard Reynolds was more impressive.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2023
    I'd love to have Butler aboard:

Evaluated 11/15/2022
    Greg Biggins
    Greg Biggins
    National Recruiting Analyst
    Projection
    Second Round
    Comparison
    Stefon Diggs
    Buffalo Bills

Butler is a dangerous two-way player who could end up at corner or receiver in college. When he initially committed to USC, the thought was he was going in to play corner. He definitely has a corner skill set and plays with a defensive mentality. He’s physical player and has a lot of nastiness in his game. Whether he’s blocking or jamming a receiver, he’s looking to physically dominate his opponent and will often stay on his block until he puts him in the ground or off the field. He has both short area quickness and long speed and it will be interesting to see what kind of times Butler can put up on the track this spring. As a receiver, he has really impressed and is a threat to score every time he touches the football. He plays with a bit of a chip on his shoulder and has an edge in his game that reminds us a little of former LB Poly and current NE Patriot DB Jack Jones. He needs to keep his emotions in check but his upside is extremely high.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    There's speculation that we are getting cucked last minute for Butler
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,175
    Founders Club

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Probably.
  • Options

Probably.
    Why else would he wait?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Sounds like Butler wanted to commit to UW. We told him to wait til Friday. He waited til Friday and possibly changed his mind
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sounds like Butler wanted to commit to UW. We told him to wait til Friday. He waited til Friday and possibly changed his mind

He’ll have a great career in the portal!
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    Founders Club

Great, so we slow played a guy who would be one of the better players in our class instead of signing him and doing some Romar math. FML
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Great, so we slow played a guy who would be one of the better players in our class instead of signing him and doing some Romar math. FML
    Yep. This was a Will Harris-esque recruiting performance.